Jacob Eason is just Jake Browning 2.0.

D

DomeHawk

getnasty":2lz5jej0 said:
Eason is overrated dogshit much like the UW program in general.

Queen of the kneejerk crowd. One mediocre year out the last few. 2 out of 3 Pac-10 titles in the last three yrs before this.

Has any Pac-12 team done as well?

Eason is projected 1st rd talent by people that actually know something about football.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1cmkgz2a said:
getnasty":1cmkgz2a said:

Queen of the kneejerk crowd. One mediocre year out the last few. 2 out of 3 Pac-10 titles in the last three yrs before this.

Eason is projected 1st rd talent by people that actually know something about football.
He's only a 1st rounder cuz NFL teams continue to throw darts at every decent QB in hopes of hitting the Russell Wilson jackpot. 1st round arm strength is alI see that's elite.
And btw, Dawgs will win by double digits.

D

DomeHawk

hawksfansinceday1":240cl048 said:
DomeHawk":240cl048 said:
getnasty":240cl048 said:

He's only a 1st rounder cuz NFL teams continue to throw darts at every decent QB in hopes of hitting the Russell Wilson jackpot. 1st round arm strength is alI see that's elite.

Can't disagree but he has the best arm of ANY of the projected 1st round QB's.

It's worth a shot to see if he will develop.

There are no sure things in the NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":123nah9r said:
hawksfansinceday1":123nah9r said:
DomeHawk":123nah9r said:
getnasty":123nah9r said:

Can't disagree but he has the best arm of ANY of the projected 1st round QB's.

It's worth a shot to see if he will develop.

There are no sure things in the NFL.

But can he run for 800 or a 100 yards a season, Jackson is going to make teams start reaching hoping to strike gold there. Copy Cat league, that's if Jackson can survive the rest of the season, teams seem to hit harder at the end of the year and more so in the playoffs.

getnasty

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1srcz4tn said:
getnasty":1srcz4tn said:
Eason is overrated $h!t much like the UW program in general.

Jake Locker was a 1st round talent by people that actually know something about football.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
getnasty":3jt4i4mx said:
DomeHawk":3jt4i4mx said:
getnasty":3jt4i4mx said:

Jake Locker was a 1st round talent by people that actually know something about football.
If I'm Dome I quietly slide away after reading this. Ouch.

getnasty

Reaction score
Then follows it up with a well underthrown ballon ball

D

DomeHawk

getnasty":lsrn4yfv said:
DomeHawk":lsrn4yfv said:
getnasty":lsrn4yfv said:

Jake Locker was never a good passer, in high school or in college. But you can extrapolate any stat you want, the point is you don't know jack about football. Eason has arguably the best arm of any of the QB's coming out this year. Does that mean he will be a great NFL QB? Who the hell knows? He will need a really good QB coach.

getnasty

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2u3ydw04 said:
getnasty":2u3ydw04 said:
DomeHawk":2u3ydw04 said:
getnasty":2u3ydw04 said:

Jake Locker was never a good passer, in high school or in college. But you can extrapolate any stat you want, the point is you don't know jack about football. Eason has arguably the best arm of any of the QB's coming out this year. Does that mean he will be a great NFL QB? Who the hell knows? He will need a really good QB coach.

You should be a GM in the league with all of your knowledge Dome, maybe a recruiter for UW Football. Obviously Eason has been electric this year especially against good defenses. My apologies

D

DomeHawk

getnasty":1g388iju said:
DomeHawk":1g388iju said:
getnasty":1g388iju said:
DomeHawk":1g388iju said:

You should be a GM in the league with all of your knowledge Dome, maybe a recruiter for UW Football. Obviously Eason has been electric this year especially against good defenses. My apologies

The point of the debate was your saying Eason is shit and so is the UW program. That is obviously incorrect and I responded with some facts, no one said that he was "electric." If he had somewhat less than a great season it could be broken down into him, his very mediocre receivers, and the o-line not being as consistent as we thought they would be. For his first year back after a year out it wasn't a "shit" season by any stretch of the imagination.

But, none of that really matters to you because you're just here to troll. Bring something to the conversation once in a while.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
getnasty":11m9a1vb said:
DomeHawk":11m9a1vb said:
getnasty":11m9a1vb said:

Where was Brady?

getnasty

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2ts1yoij said:
getnasty":2ts1yoij said:
DomeHawk":2ts1yoij said:
getnasty":2ts1yoij said:

The point of the debate was your saying Eason is $h!t and so is the UW program. That is obviously incorrect and I responded with some facts, no one said that he was "electric." If he had somewhat less than a great season it could be broken down into him, his very mediocre receivers, and the o-line not being as consistent as we thought they would be. For his first year back after a year out it wasn't a "$h!t" season by any stretch of the imagination.

But, none of that really matters to you because you're just here to troll. Bring something to the conversation once in a while.

Obviously I'm talking smack for fun on Apple Cup Week and saying that Eason and UW are shit is only a little bit of an overstatement. I like how defensive you get though, i'm not sure if your insecure or truly beleive UW is a power house because they've had success in a down Pac 12 of late. Either way it's all in good fun and for the record even though i don't know anything about football Eason will suck at the next level.

D

DomeHawk

getnasty":13v0q3g7 said:
DomeHawk":13v0q3g7 said:
getnasty":13v0q3g7 said:
DomeHawk":13v0q3g7 said:

The point of the debate was your saying Eason is $h!t and so is the UW program. That is obviously incorrect and I responded with some facts, no one said that he was "electric." If he had somewhat less than a great season it could be broken down into him, his very mediocre receivers, and the o-line not being as consistent as we thought they would be. For his first year back after a year out it wasn't a "$h!t" season by any stretch of the imagination.

Obviously I'm talking smack for fun on Apple Cup Week and saying that Eason and UW are shit is only a little bit of an overstatement. I like how defensive you get though, i'm not sure if your insecure or truly beleive UW is a power house because they've had success in a down Pac 12 of late. Either way it's all in good fun and for the record even though i don't know anything about football Eason will suck at the next level.

I get it, a little butt-hurt after we kicked your asses again?

getnasty

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1nutn499 said:
getnasty":1nutn499 said:
DomeHawk":1nutn499 said:
getnasty":1nutn499 said:

Obviously I'm talking smack for fun on Apple Cup Week and saying that Eason and UW are $h!t is only a little bit of an overstatement. I like how defensive you get though, i'm not sure if your insecure or truly beleive UW is a power house because they've had success in a down Pac 12 of late. Either way it's all in good fun and for the record even though i don't know anything about football Eason will suck at the next level.

I get it, a little butt-hurt after we kicked your asses again?

Unfortunately i've grown numb to it so i can't use that as an excuse.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Eason is unlikely to be a good QB at the next level. He certainly is not a great college QB.

He reminds me of Jeff George.

Physical talent but not a great competitor. Not great under pressure. Not really a great QB, but a great arm.

Browning threw some ducks, but he was a winner and he did not shirk from pressure.

D

DomeHawk

TwistedHusky":3ir0fzk6 said:
Eason is unlikely to be a good QB at the next level. He certainly is not a great college QB.

Physical talent but not a great competitor. Not great under pressure. Not really a great QB, but a great arm.

Browning threw some ducks, but he was a winner and he did not shirk from pressure.

You make some good points but the same could have been said about Tom Brady when he was taken in the 6th round. It cracks me up when people on this board go off like they are some sort of authority on the subject. No one knows how any of these players are going to turn out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":81pb997h said:
TwistedHusky":81pb997h said:

You make some good points but the same could have been said about Tom Brady when he was taken in the 6th round. It cracks me up when people on this board go off like they are some sort of authority on the subject. No one knows how any of these players are going to turn out.
Twisted nailed it..The guy is just like Jeff George!
As we all know there is more to being a QB than a golden arm.
He might play in the NFL just like George but I don't see him
doing any better than Jeff..To the poster who brought up
JB..I loved the guy at QB till he blew his shoulder out and
then he was a shell of what he was.He was a winner though.

D

DomeHawk

IndyHawk":2c5olj98 said:
DomeHawk":2c5olj98 said:
TwistedHusky":2c5olj98 said:

You guys make it sound like he wasn't competitive at all.

He outplayed Herbert in the game against the ducks and looked very competitive.

But yes, he needs at least another year of seasoning, hopefully Jimmy Lake can talk him into it but if he is projected 1st round he's gone.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":27awte2o said:
IndyHawk":27awte2o said:
DomeHawk":27awte2o said:
TwistedHusky":27awte2o said:

You guys make it sound like he wasn't competitive at all.

He outplayed Herbert in the game against the ducks and looked very competitive.

But yes, he needs at least another year of seasoning, hopefully Jimmy Lake can talk him into it but if he is projected 1st round he's gone.
Not saying he cannot compete but I feel like maybe we have seen him
reach his max level which are things besides the arm.
I could end up wrong of course..His arm is one of the best I've seen (but)

Latest posts