Josh Gordon returns to Seahawks locker room

Bobblehead

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/status/1336768151414067205[/tweet]

Tokadub

Reaction score
No offense to our active players but Josh Gordon looked like the better fit for Russell Wilson compared to anyone we have right now. He is probably our best receiver to convert first downs on 3rd and long or 4th down etc... based on what I saw in his very small sample size of plays...

He was incredibly efficient, I don't remember him having a bad play maybe I forgot one...

This is actually super hype if he is still as good as he used to be... we might have essentially 3 #1 receivers Metcalf, Lockett, and Gordon are all really good in my opinion.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He makes this offense even better. And no offense to Moore, but he's not close to what Gordon brings to the table.

xray

Reaction score
Keep an eye out for cheeto stained fingers . :D

HagFaithful

Reaction score
7 drug related suspensions. I just hope the guy has figured out sobriety, forget football. It's a win in my book if he can serve out his contract without any more suspensions.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He has a support network here, and if nothing else is talented enough to be worthy of a roster spot if he can keep his act together. We'll know soon enough.

He should make the team incrementally better and provide another big powerful target for RW.

I wish him nothing but success and hope for his sake he's figured things out.

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2d7n8y94 said:
3rd downs......he is a true weapon.....

Nice to get a potential weapon back the fits an area of need as well! Our 3rd down conversions could definitely improve.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
xray":b8ozztzn said:
Keep an eye out for cheeto stained fingers . :D
You know what Cheeto fingers lead too right? Cheeto Wang! Be careful.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I will expand on my earlier opinion a little bit...

From what I can tell seeing Gordon play he is a master at winning simple routes, simple completions, simple first downs.

We've been missing that a little bit in this offense since we lost Baldwin and Golden Tate, between the 2 of them they could make easy first downs for Russ + we had Lynch of course a very well balanced offense.

But Josh Gordon might be the guy we need to be consistent on offense, that's my initial impression it's hard to say what will happen (it's been so long and he didn't play that much to begin with for our team)... but I feel pretty confident he's just a super solid reliable guy that can execute simple plays at a very high success rate in my opinion.

He has just enough speed and size and more importantly he knows how to box out the enemy defender for easy completions. He's like a super clutch tight end in his ability to pick up easy 1st downs, but he also has the speed to stretch the field...

I'm honestly surprised we are the only team who seems to value him lately from what I can tell... If we do win the Superbowl I am sure he will make some huge game changing plays, he's that good from what I've seen.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Cause, you know... everyone deserves a seventh chance. :roll:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
TypeSly":2zihuke2 said:

Actually yea, most people do.

If our society made psychology/substance abuse education mandatory in our school system (like Algebra) and if we prioritized the study of human behavior overall, we wouldn’t have a country so dismissive and outright ignorant on issues like this.

diver110

Reaction score
HagFaithful":2i8ky7b6 said:
7 drug related suspensions. I just hope the guy has figured out sobriety, forget football. It's a win in my book if he can serve out his contract without any more suspensions.

Wow, did not realize that it was that many. Does suggest someone with genuine drug issues. Hopefully, he has gotten the help he needs.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TypeSly":3g5g1q4m said:

Yeah. If he puts the work in to get back, its more than fair that he be allowed back. It's not like he's out beating women, or sexually assaulting them like AB.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
^^^^What he said, plus the fact that all his suspensions happened before his life changing experience. He has a new point of view now, so this is really just his second chance. I'm betting he makes it this time. Sure hope so. League essentially shelved him for a year this time. Guessing he's done if he flunks again, and I'm sure he knows that.

chris98251

Reaction score
TypeSly":ubmp915r said:

Well ignorance of substance dependency and mental illness is still rampant, this post proves it.

TypeSly

Reaction score
chris98251":2b5jtxbr said:
TypeSly":2b5jtxbr said:

Well ignorance of substance dependency and mental illness is still rampant, this post proves it.

I'm all for him playing, because I'm a homer too. Besides, I thought it was 7 infractions for performance enhancing drugs, but still... 7 infractions is still pretty funny.

Latest posts