Just kick the man while he is down

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":f3v98l1w said:
John63":f3v98l1w said:
Maelstrom787":f3v98l1w said:
John63":f3v98l1w said:
OKay, and Wilson has not and does not slightly hypocritical don't you think.

Strong persecution complex there

Strong deflection complex you have.

Deflection John?, isn't that exactly what you & everyone else here is doing to defend their position?, their Player?, their Coaches?
I like Russ, I ALWAYS have, but I also like the hell out of Pete Carroll, & think that putting one down to prop up the other is just as wrong, ESPECIALLY since there's NOT ONE bloke here on .NET that is end-all be-all expert.
NO ONE HERE knows what goes on behind the scenes, & wouldn't know exactly how to fix the slide that they have been going through, they might THINK they have all the answers, but, THEY DO NOT, ....So THEY CRITICIZE, because let's face it...THAT'S ALL THEY'VE GOT. :229031_shrug:

Deflection

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3ukft35r said:
John63":3ukft35r said:
Maelstrom787":3ukft35r said:
John63":3ukft35r said:
OKay, and Wilson has not and does not slightly hypocritical don't you think.

That's not what deflection is. I'm directly responding to your silly reply that suggests Russell (and, by extension, you - as your persona is wholly embodied by the defense of him) is unfairly persecuted or receives more criticism than is warranted.

Deflecting would be me changing the topic entirely.

Bless your heart.

Wrong again, the OP stated we should not kick PC while he is down all the while kicking Wilson while he is down. That is why I responded and you instead of replying to my or the OPs post tried to deflect to what does WIlsonhav to do with this. nice try deflect away.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":3q87mu62 said:
K.J WRIGHT":3q87mu62 said:
Pete should have been fired after not handing the ball to Lynch in the SB.

:roll: .......... Pete wasn't under center for that play.

PC allowed the play to be called and new it was called. he is the HC and has the final word on everything.

Jville

Reaction score
John63":l91qfd7z said:
Jville":l91qfd7z said:
K.J WRIGHT":l91qfd7z said:

PC allowed the play to be called and new it was called. he is the HC and has the final word on everything.

You've truly become unhinged 63.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":26iijd0i said:
John63":26iijd0i said:
Jville":26iijd0i said:
K.J WRIGHT":26iijd0i said:

LOl yeah to think the HC who said he knew the play and was good with it could not have changed it right. What's Unhinged is to think the HC did not know and could not have changed it. That unhinged.

Jville

Reaction score
John63":ze4bn12a said:
Jville":ze4bn12a said:
John63":ze4bn12a said:
Jville":ze4bn12a said:

LOl yeah to think the HC who said he knew the play and was good with it could not have changed it right. What's Unhinged is to think the HC did not know and could not have changed it. That unhinged.

If you slow down and work on your sentence structure, it would really help. All I'm hearing from you is unhinged rage.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":2ds8m68n said:
John63":2ds8m68n said:
Jville":2ds8m68n said:
John63":2ds8m68n said:

If you slow down and work on your sentence structure, it would really help. All I'm hearing from you is unhinged rage.

:pukeface:

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Great in his days, but it's time to take down the Teen Beat poster from the ceiling above your bed, respectfully.

Go Hawks

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":2tamb3cy said:
Maelstrom787":2tamb3cy said:
John63":2tamb3cy said:
Maelstrom787":2tamb3cy said:

That's not what deflection is. I'm directly responding to your silly reply that suggests Russell (and, by extension, you - as your persona is wholly embodied by the defense of him) is unfairly persecuted or receives more criticism than is warranted.

Deflecting would be me changing the topic entirely.

Bless your heart.

Wrong again, the OP stated we should not kick PC while he is down all the while kicking Wilson while he is down. That is why I responded and you instead of replying to my or the OPs post tried to deflect to what does WIlsonhav to do with this. nice try deflect away.

That's such a heinously inaccurate retelling of events that I'm beginning to think you're having trouble following what's going on.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
John63":knspdue3 said:
LTH":knspdue3 said:
TwistedHusky":knspdue3 said:
We gave him that. He had lots of rope. He just used every bit of it over time.

Trust me.

For years, it was clear he was leading us back to the fog of mediocre records.

(And do not forget the YEARS of terrible, godawful football we suffered before last year. Where for half a season we seemingly refused BY DESIGN to even attempt to score TDs in the 1st half. Even when we won, it was godawful, boring football permeated by the occasional moonshot. And the defense was bend, bend, bend, and hope for the other team to mess up.

I used to intentionally only watch the 2nd halves of games for years, sometimes only showing up to the stadium in the 2nd half - because I knew the 1st half was a weird pattycake game of field position with occasional FGs.)

He deserves credit for being a big part of building the Seahawks into winners. And then for years he coasted, made bad decisions, and squandered talent.

It was OK though because he brought this team a SB. But how many years do you make excuses for a guy that literally should not be in the chair?

Do you honestly believe he can turn this team around? Do you believe he even has enough time to rebuild?

Do you think he can even coach in the new NFL with his old ideas, and be competitive?

Pete was great when he had a great concept, built around it, found the players that fit it - and then took the NFL by surprise. But he only has that one idea, and everyone figured it out. He is Buddy Ryan after the 46 defense stopped working (Except Buddy was a better defensive mind) - but still trying to use his version of the 46 defense. And it will not work.

But he will not stop. Ever. Until he is kicked out of the HC office by whatever means. And every year he stays longer, the more his ridiculous trades and FO decisions hamstring us for the future.

First of all I don't see things the way you do...so that in its self is a difference of perception. I don't see the last several years as being a bad thing... I see it as being competitive in a league that the weak die in... and so for Carroll to have the record he has in my mind is an amazing accomplishment that very few coaches will have the luxury to enjoy...

do I think he can turn this ship around? I do think at some point in the season things will turn for the Hawks It's very difficult to understand what's really going on being that I do NOT feel like Carroll nor the players actually give true representation of what's actually happening... I think we get snippets of information and bland answers to a media that is prone to blow things out of proportion... so that is a huge factor...

I tend to think that Carroll will work out of it... I think that this year they have taken on a new O with a first time OC and they Have lost their starting RB as well lost Russ for several game. The O line has not had a chance to gel due to shuffling players around due to injury as well there has been issues with Russ adapting to the new O.

I think all these factors are the reason why this team is where they are. Reasonably I can't say that the coaching has been poor and the reason for the collapse. I also can't say that it's not the reason because I don't feel we have all of the information. all I have is what I read and my perception. both are subjective.

but I do know that Carroll is a Good man and has done a great deal in Seattle and I think regardless of how much his football team wins in the future I think he deserves respect for his accomplishments and what he has given to Seattle ... i have no problem with people having their own opinion but it irritates the hell out of me when I see Carroll dis respected because I don't think he is a piece of trash and I don't think he should be treated as such even if he does have a losing season...I don't see how ANY reasonable person could not have that view...

But that's just my opinion and I'm damn sure going to state it... and one more thing there is NOTHING wrong with having football hero's... My kids have hero's and I have hero's I'm not a shamed of that...

LTH

But yet again you have no problem kicking Wilson while he is down like I said hyporite

It's clear to me that you don't read my stuff. You hear what you want to hear because all I have said about Wilson is he is not going through anything that any other great QB has not gone through.... he just needs to make an adjustment I have never disrespected Wilson or any other player on the Seahawks nor any of the coaches. That is NOT what I am about nor will I ever... so calling me a hypocrite is NOT exactly accurate to say the least...

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
John63":2qlaaj4y said:
Jville":2qlaaj4y said:
K.J WRIGHT":2qlaaj4y said:

Yes, It is right up there being the worst play call in super bowl history... Pete made a mistake... it cost him several good players and I bet you a million dollars he wishes he could have that one back...

So, what's your damn point... do I respect him any less? why no I don't and I'll tell Ya why because that's life baby!! There are a couple of things in my life that I would really like to have back and for that reason I am NOT going to judge Pete.

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'd respect him if he'd step down like he should.

In my opinion, Pete pulls the wool over a lot of peoples eyes. He has always needed ultimate talent to be successful in his philosophy and schemes whether it was at USC or in the NFL. Problem is when he doesnt have it, he's stuck because he isnt a good enough coach to adapt. To his credit, he assembled a roster for the ages and won a SB, but it was hard to watch as he squandered away that talent just as fast as he put it together. The guy has been living off of a QB that could seemingly pull a rabbit out of the hat whenever it was needed for the past 6 years, but people seem to forget that and blame him for all of the teams ills instead of the guy he's been covering for forever. As fans, when do you quit giving passes to a guy that routinely gets outcoached and is unwilling and unable to change?

The guy who is getting kicked while he is down is #3, not the grey haired fossil.

toffee

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":m8bfnqtg said:

In my opinion, Pete pulls the wool over a lot of peoples eyes. He has always needed ultimate talent to be successful in his philosophy and schemes whether it was at USC or in the NFL. Problem is when he doesnt have it, he's stuck because he isnt a good enough coach to adapt. To his credit, he assembled a roster for the ages and won a SB, but it was hard to watch as he squandered away that talent just as fast as he put it together. The guy has been living off of a QB that could seemingly pull a rabbit out of the hat whenever it was needed for the past 6 years, but people seem to forget that and blame him for all of the teams ills instead of the guy he's been covering for forever. As fans, when do you quit giving passes to a guy that routinely gets outcoached and is unwilling and unable to change?

The guy who is getting kicked while he is down is #3, not the grey haired fossil.
All successful coaches need talents to win consistently, not just Pete. One could argue that in Pete's first 5 years, he led a gang of misfits to win Superbowl.

Russ was considered by experts to be too short, Earl too small, Bam to big, Sherm too slow, Beast too uncoachable, Angry so undraftable, One could argued that they became "talents" after they met Pete or Pete found them.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
toffee":15g6qfqx said:
pittpnthrs":15g6qfqx said:

All successful coaches need talents to win consistently, not just Pete. One could argue that in Pete's first 5 years, he led a gang of misfits to win Superbowl.

Russ was considered by experts to be too short, Earl too small, Bam to big, Sherm too slow, Beast too uncoachable, Angry so undraftable, One could argued that they became "talents" after they met Pete or Pete found them.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Maybe. Wonder why he cant do it now? One could almost argue he had the inside scoop on those players before choosing them. Oh thats right, he did.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1uknfv38 said:

LMAO!!! your so funny Pitt you make me laugh...

LTH

misfit

Reaction score
Imagine giving Pete a lifetime pass to drive this team into the dirt because we won a chip 8 years ago

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
misfit":5khtluyx said:
Imagine giving Pete a lifetime pass to drive this team into the dirt because we won a chip 8 years ago

That’s what LTH wants

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":plv32w49 said:
Jville":plv32w49 said:
K.J WRIGHT":plv32w49 said:

Guess one could say that it WAS >RUSSELL WILSON that threw that "DEFLECTION" interception, eh?
I mean IF Marshawn Lynch got the ball AND DIDN'T MAKE IT, you (as a Russell Wilson above all else fan) would have blown a gasket, saying that it should have been a sure thing with a WILSON pass for a TD.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
misfit":141ujaha said:
That's way the hell better than NO CHIP AT ALL, don't you think? :roll:

xray

Reaction score
Everyone in pro sports of any kind sees their time come and eventually go , including coaches . Lack of production in their position gets them the pink slip every time...including coaches . Past success is nice but shouldn't give anybody job security in the present .IMO

Latest posts