Just kick the man while he is down

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":13jrlrfa said:
misfit":13jrlrfa said:
Imagine giving Pete a lifetime pass to drive this team into the dirt because we won a chip 8 years ago

That’s what LTH wants

Yup but only PC gets the pass. Not any of the players or other coaches just PC. Hypocrite.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
LTH said:
I just think Pete Carroll has done so much for the city of Seattle on and off the field and he deserves every chance to make it right. I can say from my perspective that he has brought me years upon years of true enjoyment into my life... at some point he will get fired they all do because it's almost impossible to win all the time...

I will be the first one to admit that I'm a huge fan of Pete Carroll for damn good reason!! I will defend the man because he deserves respect and when deserved respect is not given then it doesn't make him look bad it makes you look bad...

The fact that some people just kick the man while he is down is just wrong people treat him like he is a piece of trash because he is having his second losing season in over 20 years I mean what does that say?...Pete Carroll is one of my hero's not just because of what happens on the football field but for what he brings in life...because he has made this world a better place and for that he deserves respect...

I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion about him but what I am saying is give the man the respect he deserves...

LTH[/quote
He's only as good as his last season and those seasons were not great. If he wanted to be a motivational speaker then great he has all the tools to do that but this is Football everyone wants to win the SB.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
onepicknick1":3g88vnfc said:
LTH":3g88vnfc said:
I just think Pete Carroll has done so much for the city of Seattle on and off the field and he deserves every chance to make it right. I can say from my perspective that he has brought me years upon years of true enjoyment into my life... at some point he will get fired they all do because it's almost impossible to win all the time...

I will be the first one to admit that I'm a huge fan of Pete Carroll for damn good reason!! I will defend the man because he deserves respect and when deserved respect is not given then it doesn't make him look bad it makes you look bad...

The fact that some people just kick the man while he is down is just wrong people treat him like he is a piece of trash because he is having his second losing season in over 20 years I mean what does that say?...Pete Carroll is one of my hero's not just because of what happens on the football field but for what he brings in life...because he has made this world a better place and for that he deserves respect...

I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion about him but what I am saying is give the man the respect he deserves...

LTH[/quote
He's only as good as his last season and those seasons were not great. If he wanted to be a motivational speaker then great he has all the tools to do that but this is Football everyone wants to win the SB.

and what part of my post suggests that you're not intitled to your opinion? you don't like him and want another coach fine that's your opinion but I ask you;

what is the point of my post? did you read it and think about it?

LTH

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":6hnpokjx said:
toffee":6hnpokjx said:
pittpnthrs":6hnpokjx said:
I'd respect him if he'd step down like he should.

In my opinion, Pete pulls the wool over a lot of peoples eyes. He has always needed ultimate talent to be successful in his philosophy and schemes whether it was at USC or in the NFL. Problem is when he doesnt have it, he's stuck because he isnt a good enough coach to adapt. To his credit, he assembled a roster for the ages and won a SB, but it was hard to watch as he squandered away that talent just as fast as he put it together. The guy has been living off of a QB that could seemingly pull a rabbit out of the hat whenever it was needed for the past 6 years, but people seem to forget that and blame him for all of the teams ills instead of the guy he's been covering for forever. As fans, when do you quit giving passes to a guy that routinely gets outcoached and is unwilling and unable to change?

The guy who is getting kicked while he is down is #3, not the grey haired fossil.
All successful coaches need talents to win consistently, not just Pete. One could argue that in Pete's first 5 years, he led a gang of misfits to win Superbowl.

Russ was considered by experts to be too short, Earl too small, Bam to big, Sherm too slow, Beast too uncoachable, Angry so undraftable, One could argued that they became "talents" after they met Pete or Pete found them.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Maybe. Wonder why he cant do it now? One could almost argue he had the inside scoop on those players before choosing them. Oh thats right, he did.

This^^^

Elemas

Reaction score
Good post LTH. I respect your opinion. Prior to this season, I would’ve never imagined feeling like I feel now. I feel as if most of our inefficiencies are due to a bit of stubbornness and surely a lack of adjustment. Specific examples can be found in almost every game…such as pounding the ball up the middle against Dallas (#2 run D) in the playoffs a few years back, recent games where we ran into a stacked box 13+ times, and even the dreaded pass against NE in the SB.

My feelings are changing towards RW too. He’s done great things for the city and I feel as if he has plenty of good years left but, if we were to get offered a package similar to what the Bears offered, I’d take it in a heartbeat. Russ has been my favorite player for years now but, I believe a rebuild is in order. I believe it would do justice for Russ (maybe another SB) and allow us to retool.

Long story short, as with Russ, I appreciate what Pete has done. I think he’s an incredible person and in my eyes, the best coach we’ve ever had. But, seasons change. Change is inevitable…especially in a competitive league like the NFL.

Apologies up front….I wasn’t trying to make this about Russ.

Good post…and .NET fans, we’re all wanting a successful team. Chaos is expected. Just something to keep in mind. Just pray our rebuild is more like an 80’s Niners rebuild and not like the current Dolphins rebuild (how many years has this been going on lol???).

toffee

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1dnysw1h said:
toffee":1dnysw1h said:
pittpnthrs":1dnysw1h said:

In my opinion, Pete pulls the wool over a lot of peoples eyes. He has always needed ultimate talent to be successful in his philosophy and schemes whether it was at USC or in the NFL. Problem is when he doesnt have it, he's stuck because he isnt a good enough coach to adapt. To his credit, he assembled a roster for the ages and won a SB, but it was hard to watch as he squandered away that talent just as fast as he put it together. The guy has been living off of a QB that could seemingly pull a rabbit out of the hat whenever it was needed for the past 6 years, but people seem to forget that and blame him for all of the teams ills instead of the guy he's been covering for forever. As fans, when do you quit giving passes to a guy that routinely gets outcoached and is unwilling and unable to change?

The guy who is getting kicked while he is down is #3, not the grey haired fossil.
All successful coaches need talents to win consistently, not just Pete. One could argue that in Pete's first 5 years, he led a gang of misfits to win Superbowl.

Russ was considered by experts to be too short, Earl too small, Bam to big, Sherm too slow, Beast too uncoachable, Angry so undraftable, One could argued that they became "talents" after they met Pete or Pete found them.

Maybe. Wonder why he cant do it now? One could almost argue he had the inside scoop on those players before choosing them. Oh thats right, he did.

Under your logic, when Pete is free of day to day coaching duties, if we would to have him to scout college kids, he could find more Sherms of the world? Under the same logic, our scouting department sucked because their collective efforts couldn't match Pete's eyes?

hawker84

Reaction score
F Pete Carroll. This is a what have you done for me lately business, and to my recollection he hasn't done shit since 2014. So ya, we're at the end of that rope, time for Carroll to get to steppin...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":2yt1cho7 said:
pittpnthrs":2yt1cho7 said:
toffee":2yt1cho7 said:
pittpnthrs":2yt1cho7 said:

This^^^

This is such a surface-level observation that is readily debunked with minimal research. If the whole "inside scoop" crap was really that huge of a factor, wouldn't it work that way for most coaches coming from college?

Odd, because it really rarely ever works out that way. Damn, that crazy inside scoop really changes the game.

One week it's "it was McCloughan," the next it's the "inside scoop," and the next it's a "lucky hit."

If anything, the luck one is the most plausible, and is totally the true one. Lightning in a bottle.

Vesuve

Reaction score
LTH":15j6a6my said:

LTH

I agree with you.

And also, it's time to move on after this year.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":gxqcn7jj said:
John63":gxqcn7jj said:
pittpnthrs":gxqcn7jj said:
toffee":gxqcn7jj said:

This^^^

This is such a surface-level observation that is readily debunked with minimal research. If the whole "inside scoop" crap was really that huge of a factor, wouldn't it work that way for most coaches coming from college?

Odd, because it really rarely ever works out that way. Damn, that crazy inside scoop really changes the game.

One week it's "it was McCloughan," the next it's the "inside scoop," and the next it's a "lucky hit."

If anything, the luck one is the most plausible, and is totally the true one. Lightning in a bottle.

What does that minimal research say about why the Seahawks have been so bad at drafting for the past several years now? Coincidence right?

misfit

Reaction score
scutterhawk":21pt99dm said:
misfit":21pt99dm said:
Imagine giving Pete a lifetime pass to drive this team into the dirt because we won a chip 8 years ago
That's way the hell better than NO CHIP AT ALL, don't you think? :roll:

Definitely. I think Pete was the perfect coach for the moment he came in for. He was close to college, his system worked at the time much better and was better to inspire a bunch of "chip on shoulder" guys with something to prove. But the game has passed him by, and he isnt the right coach to lead this team anymore. I'm grateful for the run he had but its time to move on.

John63

Reaction score
misfit":rs82dr1o said:
Definitely. I think Pete was the perfect coach for the moment he came in for. He was close to college, his system worked at the time much better and was better to inspire a bunch of "chip on shoulder" guys with something to prove. But the game has passed him by, and he isnt the right coach to lead this team anymore. I'm grateful for the run he had but its time to move on.

this^^^^

WmHBonney

Reaction score
See Green Bay and Mike McCarthy.
McCarthy has proven that he is still a bumbling fool while Green Bay is still a success. Seattle needs to jettison their McCarthy.

John63

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3dlswr2w said:
See Green Bay and Mike McCarthy.
McCarthy has proven that he is still a bumbling fool while Green Bay is still a success. Seattle needs to jettison their McCarthy.

THIS^^

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
ok then... this post wasn't meant to be about if Carroll was fired or not it was meant to be about giving him the respect he deserves... geeze...

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I don't think it's disrespectful to hope Pete bows out before things get a lot uglier or stay ugly for too long. It would actually help preserve some of his legacy imo. You never want to go "Full Coughlin"

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Who said it was disrespectful for wanting pete to bow out? Unfrigging believable... its like people cant read....thats ok just keep downing those beers and drink it better lmao