Let's address it...Ciara

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremiah

Reaction score
chris98251":3h067xby said:
jeremiah":3h067xby said:
hawks85":3h067xby said:
Ever since Wilson started dating this woman, his whole outlook has changed. All Ciara cares about is "her brand" and Wilson is strapped in for the ride. Before dating this woman Wilson was lot more hungry and focused. Wilson still is, but since Ciara is a Hollywood Celeb she has feed all this mumbo jumbo of Hollywood crap in his head. THE ONLY REASON Wilson choose the teams on his list is for "the Brand" which I have no idea what their is, is to promote their brand. If you think for 1 second that Wilson wants to go to the Bears and make them better LMFAO, NOPE!!! It's to Cater to "their brand" because of the market exposure. Think about this, if Wilson wasn't married to Ciara, would we even be having this discussion about Wilson.

I do not understand the Male need to have a woman/wife/mate, that is so strong that they lose their focus and mind.

Why buy something when you can lease it? That kind of attraction burns hot, then out. It devours, not builds. That is my motto.

Another truism about relationships is, if you are a celebrity or someone whose "candle burns bright", you settle down with a good person who wants nothing to do with that part of your life. IT IS THE ONLY WAY to have long term success. I cannot think of a single high profile couple that stayed together for 15 years let alone ten with both being in the public eye. Paul Newman, and his wife who was a very accomplished actress, but both shunned the spotlight, is as close as I can think of.

"Boys" get bedazzled by that Diamond gap, that is the long and short of it.

Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick another couple.

Yes, memorable, great at their craft and a rarity in those circles. I salute their commitment. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell too.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2fuyomvo said:
jamescasey1124":2fuyomvo said:
Hawkpower":2fuyomvo said:
jamescasey1124":2fuyomvo said:
How about you guys get the f*** out of their business!

Or we can start a new forum in here for talking about posters jobs, lacking in, experience, salary, wife and kids. God dam. It is sicken that people can just up and assume things about people they dont even know.

Typically I would agree with you, but do we get to claim that when they push this information out themselves?

Considering this, your response seems a bit strong.

They aren't exactly hiding the fact that they are trying to brand themselves, etc.

Is it hurting your family or lifestyle? Then why are you worried about others. I dont care if their on every ad from here to Japan. The post is specifically calling out people for being married to people who have no relation or affiliation or business speaking on them. Its trash.

I have no idea what you are even talking about anymore.

The OP is wondering (probably because its been reported several times over the years) what impact his wife's obvious desire to be elsewhere has on all of this. Its a legitimate question and certainly not out of bounds whatsoever.

How that devolved into you claiming people are trash is beyond me.Nobody is trashing on them, just openly wondering about where his motivation comes from

Bizarre take my friend :)

Not it's not. Reading comprehension. Why is op talking about someone elses wife insinuating non sense and assuming things outside of his own dam business. He should be worried about his own family, own self and what he can do better. Not what russ' wife is doing or putting out there. Specially since no one has any freaking idea. Speculations. Pointless. Get a life. If you have one...wife or kids....worry about your own shit. Simple.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":32f67lxe said:
Hawkpower":32f67lxe said:
Norcalhawklover":32f67lxe said:
Hawkpower":32f67lxe said:
Well we clearly see things differently regarding the reasons for the offensive struggles at times. And thats ok.

It doesnt change the fact that the teams he wants to go to are downgrades, and he has publicly (a few times now) stated his desire to be in a city with a brighter spotlight.

Makes it clear to me this isnt about football, but some of us hate Pete enough to put blinders to whats in front of them :)

I don’t hate Pete at all. I just see that we have a HoF quarterback in 2021 and a coach that wants him to play like it’s 1985. That is what is in front of me and I have no trouble seeing it. I guess you think Wilson signed a multi year contract with the intent of forcing a trade after a year or two. Blinders?

Claiming our coach is hamstringing our QB makes it clear where you think the problem lies.

Difference of opinion, thats all.

Peoples lives change. So yes its possible Russ signed and has since decided that he and his wife would rather be elsewhere. Hes been thinking about it out loud as far back as 2019.

Its pretty simple really. Seattle isnt for everyone.

To your first point, I believe it is obvious that Wilson is hamstrung because of the super conservative offense that is run for the first 3 quarters. If it doesn't work, the 4th quarter is a gunslinging free for all that only works if Wilson is perfection on a plate. It is my belief that if the coaching staff would allow for a more balanced offense throughout the game, our HoF quarterback would be more effective, happier, win more games, and be finishing his career right here.

To your second point, if he has truly been thinking about leaving since 2019 he signed a huge contract with the intent of voiding it and demanding a trade. This does not seem like the person that has been the face of our team since the day he arrived. You know, the guy who isn't quite enough of a bad boy to get the respect of some teammates.

Your first paragraph is a common fallacy that we Seahawk fans have thrown around for a while now but statistically has been proven to be at times untrue (if we define conservative with run/pass splits) Its one of those things that we have all repeated enough times it becomes believed without merit at times.
Morever, it could be argued that Russ himself is at times responsible for the slow starts with poor play. He has struggled over long stretches of both this year and last.

Your second paragraph is a non starter. I never claimed Russ signed it with the intention of voiding it and demanding a trade. Read it again :)

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":o64akta5 said:
Hawkpower":o64akta5 said:
jamescasey1124":o64akta5 said:
Hawkpower":o64akta5 said:
Typically I would agree with you, but do we get to claim that when they push this information out themselves?

They aren't exactly hiding the fact that they are trying to brand themselves, etc.

Is it hurting your family or lifestyle? Then why are you worried about others. I dont care if their on every ad from here to Japan. The post is specifically calling out people for being married to people who have no relation or affiliation or business speaking on them. Its trash.

The OP is wondering (probably because its been reported several times over the years) what impact his wife's obvious desire to be elsewhere has on all of this. Its a legitimate question and certainly not out of bounds whatsoever.

How that devolved into you claiming people are trash is beyond me.Nobody is trashing on them, just openly wondering about where his motivation comes from

Not it's not. Reading comprehension. Why is op talking about someone elses wife insinuating non sense and assuming things outside of his own dam business. He should be worried about his own family, own self and what he can do better. Not what russ' wife is doing or putting out there. Specially since no one has any freaking idea. Speculations. Pointless. Get a life. If you have one...wife or kids....worry about your own shit. Simple.

Touchy, touchy..

Hawkpower

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":37p0tf77 said:
Hawkpower":37p0tf77 said:
jamescasey1124":37p0tf77 said:
Hawkpower":37p0tf77 said:

Not it's not. Reading comprehension. Why is op talking about someone elses wife insinuating non sense and assuming things outside of his own dam business. He should be worried about his own family, own self and what he can do better. Not what russ' wife is doing or putting out there. Specially since no one has any freaking idea. Speculations. Pointless. Get a life. If you have one...wife or kids....worry about your own $h!t. Simple.

Haha ok you've clearly jumped the shark on this conversation. Agree to disagree. 8)

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":5nmwzi45 said:
Norcalhawklover":5nmwzi45 said:
Hawkpower":5nmwzi45 said:
Norcalhawklover":5nmwzi45 said:
I don’t hate Pete at all. I just see that we have a HoF quarterback in 2021 and a coach that wants him to play like it’s 1985. That is what is in front of me and I have no trouble seeing it. I guess you think Wilson signed a multi year contract with the intent of forcing a trade after a year or two. Blinders?

Claiming our coach is hamstringing our QB makes it clear where you think the problem lies.

Peoples lives change. So yes its possible Russ signed and has since decided that he and his wife would rather be elsewhere. Hes been thinking about it out loud as far back as 2019.

To your first point, I believe it is obvious that Wilson is hamstrung because of the super conservative offense that is run for the first 3 quarters. If it doesn't work, the 4th quarter is a gunslinging free for all that only works if Wilson is perfection on a plate. It is my belief that if the coaching staff would allow for a more balanced offense throughout the game, our HoF quarterback would be more effective, happier, win more games, and be finishing his career right here.

To your second point, if he has truly been thinking about leaving since 2019 he signed a huge contract with the intent of voiding it and demanding a trade. This does not seem like the person that has been the face of our team since the day he arrived. You know, the guy who isn't quite enough of a bad boy to get the respect of some teammates.

Your first paragraph is a common fallacy that we Seahawk fans have thrown around for a while now but statistically has been proven to be at times untrue (if we define conservative with run/pass splits) Its one of those things that we have all repeated enough times it becomes believed without merit at times.
Morever, it could be argued that Russ himself is at times responsible for the slow starts with poor play. He has struggled over long stretches of both this year and last.

Your second paragraph is a non starter. I never claimed Russ signed it with the intention of voiding it and demanding a trade. Read it again :)

Ok, enjoy the mediocrity that we will be in for a decade. Hope you are at least man enough to cheer when we suck again. Oh wait, without Wilson we will win the SB. Moron.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If Ciara wants to move from Seattle then Russell will move too, if Russell wants to move from Seattle then Ciara will too. My wife thinks a great deal of this can be fairly pointed at her, however, mostly it’s on Wilson. He’s speaking from both sides of his mouth, and pushing his agenda.

I suspect we’ve sadly seen the last game with Wilson as the Hawks QB, that’s for me disappointing aad sad, but the impetus to move is coming from Wilson. It’s easy to blame Pete when the desire and impetus to move on is coming from Wilson. Besides what has the team done to screw Wilson around, he got players he asked for Graham, got him, and Olsen. He wants, he gets, he wants to be traded, breaks the primary team rule and it’s looking like he’ll get his wish. He asked Seattle to love him, they did and paid him twice, and now, he’s said he wants to move on. The PR machine goes into high gear blaming everyone but him. It looks as if I’m going to have to find a new favourite player and RW can rot in Chicago.

In the end let’s assess who is actually pushing the agenda here. No single player is bigger than the team.

Jville

Reaction score
The NFL off season is the silly season for media and fans. Mostly idle noise filling an information void.

Meanwhile: Life goes on ..................................... [tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1370116903604084737[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/Wnyacademy/status/1370103457798000640[/tweet]

Own The West

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":38ul6j8i said:
Hawkpower":38ul6j8i said:
Norcalhawklover":38ul6j8i said:
Hawkpower":38ul6j8i said:

Ok, enjoy the mediocrity that we will be in for a decade. Hope you are at least man enough to cheer when we suck again. Oh wait, without Wilson we will win the SB. Moron.

I don't understand how anybody thinks Pete hamstrings anybody. Every free agent that comes here raves about what an open, collaborative environment Seattle is. If anything he's too lax, but I suppose that's why he's considered a players' coach and free agents want to come here. The only players I've ever heard complain about Pete Carroll are ones that were drafted here and don't know any different. They sound like spoiled children, probably for the same reasons too.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Wilson's play has regressed in terms of the "Eye of the Tiger" refuse to lose style of play ever since he got with her.

Maybe he's just getting old but I think there's a chance she just made him soft...

Imagine being the hardest guy in the NFL out of ANY QB. Then you marry some pampered spoiled baby girl, who is super left wing social activist... I can't imagine maintaining a killer instinct when your wife is literally a spoiled, biased, selfish, aggressively activist pillow puff woman.

I was saying this stuff 1-2 years ago, Wilson seems distracted to me. I don't want the Seahawks to lose him but at this point I'm not sure if he can win another Super Bowl the way he's been acting and playing...

The way he acts and plays seems directly related... He's just lost the "Eye of the Tiger"... imo.

John63

Reaction score
Tokadub":1gwu7azx said:
Wilson's play has regressed in terms of the "Eye of the Tiger" refuse to lose style of play ever since he got with her.

Maybe he's just getting old but I think there's a chance she just made him soft...

Imagine being the hardest guy in the NFL out of ANY QB. Then you marry some pampered spoiled baby girl, who is super left wing social activist... I can't imagine maintaining a killer instinct when your wife is literally a spoiled, biased, selfish, aggressively activist pillow puff woman.

I was saying this stuff 1-2 years ago, Wilson seems distracted to me. I don't want the Seahawks to lose him but at this point I'm not sure if he can win another Super Bowl the way he's been acting and playing...

The way he acts and plays seems directly related... He's just lost the "Eye of the Tiger"... imo.

:pukeface:

pmedic920

Reaction score
And of us that are married or a have a truly “significant” other know very well how much that wife/husband/other influences us in our decision making process.

Why should it be any different for Russ?

Edit.
Husky gets it.

getnasty

Reaction score
pmedic920":3my320w4 said:
And of us that are married or a have a truly “significant” other know very well how much that wife/husband/other influences us in our decision making process.

Why should it be any different for Russ?

Edit.
Husky gets it.

I don't think anyone has issue with that but if that's the case don't sign your long term contract to begin with and if you have a change of heart don't out your OL to get the drama started.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
"I'm tired if getting hit" somehow translates to "my wife says I need to play for a team with a bigger market to help our brand grow."

Hilariously pathetic jump.
Because Wilson plays in the PNW, his wife's ties to her hometown Atlanta are cut?
If she had that much of an influence, he would've named the Falcons as one of teams.

They have another home in Los Angeles. That second home doesn't help her be in close proximity with Hollywood?

What is it with bringing this guy's personal life into this? If he didn't want to be here he would've demanded a trade.
Some of you really want the guy gone and it shows.
He's given this team and fan base everything he's got. Leave his personal life alone ffs

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think it’s safe to say Ciara has influenced how he dresses and carries himself. He went from a dork to the playboy GQ dude. Maybe that would have happened on its own, but it’s easy to see how a little voice in the ear could have made a difference.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":3pyixa6y said:
Hawkpower":3pyixa6y said:
Norcalhawklover":3pyixa6y said:
Hawkpower":3pyixa6y said:

Now we are talking about mediocrity for a decade and my manhood?

Your arguments are all over the place. ;)

Whatever point it is you are trying to make, you win my friend lol. Take care

Hawkpower

Reaction score
nwHawk":2wlh7772 said:
I think it’s safe to say Ciara has influenced how he dresses and carries himself. He went from a dork to the playboy GQ dude. Maybe that would have happened on its own, but it’s easy to see how a little voice in the ear could have made a difference.

Good point.

He definitely carries himself differently.

Which is totally fine. But its also fine, considering the circumstances, to wonder if that influence is also affecting what may be the biggest impact to the organization ever.

That some people are saying its off limits to discuss on a message board is so strange to me. Nobody here is knocking on his door or sitting on his lawn. We are just random dudes talking on the internet :lol:

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":39fpr0ld said:
nwHawk":39fpr0ld said:

Good point.

He definitely carries himself differently.

Which is totally fine. But its also fine, considering the circumstances, to wonder if that influence is also affecting what may be the biggest impact to the organization ever.

That some people are saying its off limits to discuss on a message board is so strange to me. Nobody here is knocking on his door or sitting on his lawn. We are just random dudes talking on the internet :lol:
Maybe some were invited to the wedding??

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
How the guy at fault is escaping blame is beyond me.

We have fans twisting themselves into knots trying to find a way to pin the blame on everyone but the people that most of what we know indicates the blame falls on.

There is not a single piece of information leaked from a credible source that says 'Russ talked to Ciara and decided he needed to leave Seattle."

You don't need extra explanations.

We have plenty of evidence where Russ and Pete do not match on philosophies, goals, play style, etc.

We have plenty of evidence where Russ and Pete are in a power struggle.

We don't need some mystery 3rd party to pin blame on.

The club had a choice, keep Pete and lose Russ or keep Russ and get rid of Pete. For some reason that I still cannot fathom they chose Pete. Pete and Russ cannot coexist.

Now you can blame Russ for signing the extension knowing he couldn't continue with Pete, or you can blame Pete for stubbornly refusing to change as the entire NFL changes around him. But blaming Ciara is a weird stretch that makes little sense because you have to make up 75% of your backstory to support it.

You don't need new reasons. There are plenty staring you in the face. Pick a side, Russ or Pete and pin the blame where it belongs.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":zhlpbssz said:
How the guy at fault is escaping blame is beyond me.

We have fans twisting themselves into knots trying to find a way to pin the blame on everyone but the people that most of what we know indicates the blame falls on.

There is not a single piece of information leaked from a credible source that says 'Russ talked to Ciara and decided he needed to leave Seattle."

You don't need extra explanations.

We have plenty of evidence where Russ and Pete do not match on philosophies, goals, play style, etc.

We have plenty of evidence where Russ and Pete are in a power struggle.

We don't need some mystery 3rd party to pin blame on.

The club had a choice, keep Pete and lose Russ or keep Russ and get rid of Pete. For some reason that I still cannot fathom they chose Pete. Pete and Russ cannot coexist.

Now you can blame Russ for signing the extension knowing he couldn't continue with Pete, or you can blame Pete for stubbornly refusing to change as the entire NFL changes around him. But blaming Ciara is a weird stretch that makes little sense because you have to make up 75% of your backstory to support it.

You don't need new reasons. There are plenty staring you in the face. Pick a side, Russ or Pete and pin the blame where it belongs.

I'd rather not pick a side. Obviously things have been going bad behind the scenes for a while. Maybe Russ is more diva than we know of...maybe Pete is not willing to adapt or listen? The fact is something has caused the rift and the entire organization is going to feel it for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.