Lol Pete is so friggin dumb at situational football

strohmin

Reaction score
Trying to draw a team with actual discipline offside and ends up with a penalty. I bet he wished he was playing against the Seahawks defense. What ******* dumbass.

getnasty

Reaction score
There's no down side to trying. Plenty to complain about but this is not it.

GemCity

Reaction score
If stuffed, the SF momentum would’ve been off the charts.

cymatica

Reaction score
Nope that was the right call
Completely disagree. With Witherspoon out and facing one of the best offenses with the season on the line, you have to get aggressive and lean into your strength which is offense

rjdriver

Reaction score
Nope that was the right call
Respectfully disagree.

There is no way you are going to beat the best team in the NFL without being bold with play calling and taking some chances. In a war of attrition, you win against the Jets and Cards, not the Niners. As I'm typing, the Niners offense is already back to the spot of the punt.

LTH

Reaction score
They got the stop.. if you wouldn't have made it then you give the niners the ball on the 50 which would have resulted in a FG... absolutely the right call

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Respectfully disagree.

There is no way you are going to beat the best team in the NFL without being bold with play calling and taking some chances. In a war of attrition, you win against the Jets and Cards, not the Niners. As I'm typing, the Niners offense is already back to the spot of the punt.
Where would they have been if they started at the spot of 4th down and gained those yards?

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
OP knows more about situational football than a guy who has won championships at the college level and in the NFL. Good to know. It was the right call. Yeah sometimes you have to be bold.. but the line between stupid and bold is thin one.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Pete is SO GOOD at situational football, he forgets to coach which people are on the kicking teams, what to do in CERTAIN SITUATIONS on the field. At his age, processing information is slower. Believe me, I know being 70 myself. You still have it in your head, but it isn't quickly available, and new ideas take a backseat to experience. PC is done, if he were fired, who would hire him?