Mahomes & Wilson

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":33949dkz said:
Absolutely horrible job by Reid and Bieniemy to adjust. That's honestly worse than pretty much any failure to adjust from Seattle that I've seen going back to the 2018 WC vs. Dallas.

Nailed it. No adjustments at all from KC coming out of halftime. They just kept looking deep all game long. TB was beating your edges into oblivion and you don't adjust your game plan to try to help your blockers? Where was the Chiefs team that thrived on gimmicky misdirections and little dump-offs that get 50 YAC? It makes you wonder how much of the Britt Reid situation was looming over that team and Andy Reid.

Steve Hawk

Reaction score
The only time Russ has had a top 10 Oline they went to a couple superbowls.

Chapow

Reaction score
xray":1mhvbxet said:
This game wasn't about the best QB . It was about which team had the best lines on both sides of the ball .

This.

It wasn't about Brady or Mahomes. It was about the Bucs D line annihilating the Chiefs O line all game long. The Bucs D line was the MVP of that Super Bowl, and it wasn't close.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
LT Trent Williams, 2 time Super Bowl Champ who handled Aaron Donald LG Thuney, and All Pro Center Corey Linsley, all 3 players hitting Free Agency. Now you know why Schneider didn’t sign any Free Agents to long term deals last year!!! You have to look forward when planning your acquisition strategy. Seattle is in the best cap situation in 2021 because we don’t have any “must haves” to sign in 2021 & our top players are signed thru 2022. 2022 Seattle has the 5th most available cap space with their Franchise QB & Franchise Defensive player signed. The 4 teams above us don’t have a Franchise QB signed!! To figure out how much cap space we have available in 2021 you must look at 2022. If you use 185 million as a cap for both 2021 & 2022, Seattle can rearrange 98 million if you factor in final year contracts of Lockett, Brown, etc....

Don’t forget Seattle could tag CB Griffith for 10 million then trade him to NE for CB Gilmore or trade slot CB D.J. Reed for an outside CB with another team. Seattle has lots of trade able assets for picks or players. The Cap reduction will not only shrink the buyers market but it will increase the number of stars on the market & increase the number of young players who finished rookie contracts on teams who cannot resign them (Saints Trey Hendrickson 13.5 sacks & 25 QB hits in 2020).

In 2021 Seattle is sitting in a Prime Position that no team has had in the history of the league!!! Now you know why Schneider is in such high demand. Furthermore Schneider couldn’t leave because this is a once in a life time Free agent Market & RW being in last 3 years of his contract demands Seahawks “go for it” in FA.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Steve Hawk":2u1kw6wu said:

I'd say it's a pretty massive stretch to call the SB lines top 10.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2puqlmop said:
Maelstrom787":2puqlmop said:
Absolutely horrible job by Reid and Bieniemy to adjust. That's honestly worse than pretty much any failure to adjust from Seattle that I've seen going back to the 2018 WC vs. Dallas.

Nailed it. No adjustments at all from KC coming out of halftime. They just kept looking deep all game long. TB was beating your edges into oblivion and you don't adjust your game plan to try to help your blockers? Where was the Chiefs team that thrived on gimmicky misdirections and little dump-offs that get 50 YAC? It makes you wonder how much of the Britt Reid situation was looming over that team and Andy Reid.

Makes more sense than anything else, honestly. This is a staff known for adjusting to beat you in several ways, and they just... didn't.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Welshers":2p1nj6wx said:
Mahomes had no time to pass today and as a result looked the way Russ has. People saying Russ sucks just look at this game today. Even Patrick Mahomes couldn't score a TD with zero time in the pocket. And people will still consider him the best player in the Leauge. If anything this game just shows how important pass blocking is. We need to get better at it. It's not Russ and it was never Russ. He is still a top 5 player in the NFL if we can give him time to throw.

Watching the game yesterday I had exactly the same thoughts. The Hawks truly need to work on strengthening the interior OLine as it is the obliteration of the pocket that constantly forces RW to be on the move. As well D'd have learned to 'spy him' and be patient with their edge rush as he is somewhat predictable in how he try' to escape.

A lot of credit needs to go the Tampa's DLine who harassed Mahommes all game and he was constantly on the run..

Tinamedina

Reaction score
jerseyhawk":vtma33s3 said:
Yes Mahomes was running for his life and looked a lot like Russell last night...but that’s about the only similarity... and I love how the media just basically says Mahomes is the G.O.A.T already .... first Russ has been doing the same stuff all the crazy throws , running around spinning out of sacks way longer , but no love ever for Wilson ... But one thing I know for sure the biggest difference between Russ and Patty is there is no way in hell Russ wouldn’t at least of gotten one touch down or more and would at least of gotten us in a position to tie or win the game at the end ...

Thank you! I dont know WHAT these posters are talking about. It's like seahawks fans caught a case of amnesia. Russell Wilson would have trailed for 3 quarters and put it in OT by the 4th. And yall know that, especially since Russell has to make up for 2014.

John63

Reaction score
Steve Hawk":3047i3k0 said:

Actually they were top 10 in run blocking and bottom 10 in pass blocking.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":1ydlpzzy said:
Steve Hawk":1ydlpzzy said:

Actually they were top 10 in run blocking and bottom 10 in pass blocking.

So normal for Seattle under Carroll.

Wilson would have been much better operating under what Mahomes did, he throws on the run better, he is used to the scramble drill. He plays against good defensive lines 8 times a year minimum.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Off-season FA needs.

OL, OL and more OL.

DL

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That game looked VERY much like a Hawks game w/the QB running for his life.
Russ basically "sucks" when he has a game like that. By comparison, when Mahomes has a crap game, the excuses come out for him.
And no, I'm not saying Russ is as good as Mahomes. Mahomes is the best in the game imo.
But the double standards are ridiculous. Mahomes ran for his life and had one of his worst ever games. But he was still out there giving every last bit of what he had left. Sure looked a lot like what we have see from #3 here....
The Chiefs got dominated in the trenches, and the QB has zero help. We have seen that movie many times....

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Mahommes looked worse than Wilson operating under similar offensive line conditions. To me, that confirms Wilson is a better QB because he can do more with less.

hoxrox

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":b0xq8ekg said:
Russ basically "sucks" when he has a game like that. By comparison, when Mahomes has a crap game, the excuses come out for him.
And no, I'm not saying Russ is as good as Mahomes. Mahomes is the best in the game imo.
But the double standards are ridiculous. Mahomes ran for his life and had one of his worst ever games. But he was still out there giving every last bit of what he had left. Sure looked a lot like what we have see from #3 here....
The Chiefs got dominated in the trenches, and the QB has zero help. We have seen that movie many times....

Chiefs offense had a couple of bad games all season.

Hawks offense had a stretch of consistently bad games.

Apples and oranges.

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":1l6hhq62 said:
SoulfishHawk":1l6hhq62 said:

Chiefs offense had a couple of bad games all season.

Hawks offense had a stretch of consistently bad games.

Apples and oranges.

Ahh no its not, even on our offenses first bad game Wilson caught hell, Mahomes does it no problem. The reality is I do check other teams boards, Wilson is treated worse by his fan base than any other top QB. Its so bad other teams fans laugh at us about how we treat our own players.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":5d7xacwd said:

Russell is definitely and plays in the toughest division. Mahomes plays in the AFC bruh lol. What competition does he have? And the one game where he had serious competition, mahomes folded. Russell Wilson is better. And no, I dont wanna hear about stats.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3jze84th said:
Mahommes looked worse than Wilson operating under similar offensive line conditions. To me, that confirms Wilson is a better QB because he can do more with less.

THANK YOU!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Look, Russ is my favorite player in the league. But come on, he's not better than Patrick Mahomes at this point.
And that's fine, he's still top 5 in the league.

Latest posts