Marcus Mariota will be our starting QB next season.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":301rb7ih said:
TwistedHusky":301rb7ih said:
Carroll still seems to have an eye for great QBs.

Remember he was linked with wanting to get Allen, back when everyone thought he was crazy and Allen didn't even look that good?
Wasn’t Schneider that was really into Allen?

That was my understanding also. JS wanted to trade RW3 to the Browns and he was going to use their pick to get Allen. If you remember Wilson and his agent Rodgers started whining when JS went to Allen's pro day.

I agree with others in the thread that the Seahawks have been linked with the better prospects coming out. JS was really high on Mahomes for example. Personally I thought Boykin was actually a good player but clearly not right mentally.

I still have this feeling Mariota is going to be involved with the Seahawks somehow.

flv

Reaction score
There will be a significant number of the #25 - #48 range QBs available in March. Whether the QBs are top or bottom of that range largely depends on which system they're in and what talent they have around them. Marriota is a Wilson-like downgrade. If he was cheap enough he's be an upgrade over Smith, but I don't see him being cheap, or being durable enough to be a full-time starter.

Here's an idea. Ask the OC what system he wants to run, figure out what talent you have in that system and add a QB that fits with said system/talent.

toffee

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3ofesd4s said:
Seahawk_Dan":3ofesd4s said:
TwistedHusky":3ofesd4s said:

Remember he was linked with wanting to get Allen, back when everyone thought he was crazy and Allen didn't even look that good?

That was my understanding also. JS wanted to trade RW3 to the Browns and he was going to use their pick to get Allen. If you remember Wilson and his agent Rodgers started whining when JS went to Allen's pro day.

I agree with others in the thread that the Seahawks have been linked with the better prospects coming out. JS was really high on Mahomes for example. Personally I thought Boykin was actually a good player but clearly not right mentally.

I still have this feeling Mariota is going to be involved with the Seahawks somehow.

Browns would have been a powerhouse if that trade did happen, Brown with Wilson would be unstoppable.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Mariota will have numerous teams willing to gamble for a starter. We never have and never will gamble that for a backup.

We're looking at more Minchew/Trubinsky quality. Of which I prefer the latter if Russ decides to move and/or a new contract is extended. Either or makes this probability very likely.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":7zdh24c6 said:
Seahawk_Dan":7zdh24c6 said:
TwistedHusky":7zdh24c6 said:

Lol, I remember that!

Wilson’s Agent to Schneider at Josh Allen’s Pro Day: “What’s your deal?”

Wilson’s Agent Mark Rogers so butt hurt!

Should have made that trade!

Josh Allen is built, can throw and has wheels!

Would have been a great trade for Seattle!

Greenhell

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":101xy0dg said:
UK_Seahawk":101xy0dg said:
Seahawk_Dan":101xy0dg said:
TwistedHusky":101xy0dg said:

Lol, I remember that!

That would have been a great trade! Seattle would be playing this weekend for sure.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Greenhell":35on4g9j said:
TheLegendOfBoom":35on4g9j said:
UK_Seahawk":35on4g9j said:
Seahawk_Dan":35on4g9j said:

Lol, I remember that!

That would have been a great trade! Seattle would be playing this weekend for sure.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What that last guy said. I remember the stories, and I was stoked about the idea of moving away from RW and getting a inexpensive and young future start. The death of teams is easy to chart, by the rising of the salaries for the QB.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jeremiah":jec5yrkf said:
What that last guy said. I remember the stories, and I was stoked about the idea of moving away from RW and getting a inexpensive and young future start. The death of teams is easy to chart, by the rising of the salaries for the QB.

Wonder what Buffalo will do when Allens rookie deal is up?

Most SB winning teams have a well paid QB.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
toffee":1b7y9c8b said:
Anyone knows enough Mariota to pin point his weaknesses? Was it lack of accuracy in his throws? Decision making like taking too many chances? happy feet or lousy footwork? Lack of poise in the pocket? Problem reading defense?

In Walsh's book, he drafted Montana based on his poise, footwork and confidence; not arm strength, speed, or measurables. Here, from system QB's own mouth:

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/hall-fa ... ft-profile
He's a super poor man's version of Russell. He's much worse in every facet of the position except running and he's taller. That's about it.

Elemas

Reaction score
Just bring back the Teddy Bridgewater nonsense instead of this..,

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Speaking of poor man's game managers, Tannehill throws a pick on the first play of the game against the Bengals.

Auspicious start.

LTH

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2urhvj1y said:
I dropped some tea leaves onto my pack of tarot cards and they slipped onto my crystal ball which rolled off the table and knocked me on the head. Whilst unconscious I heard an Hawaiin ukelele player whisper in my ear.

Felt inclined to let you all know our starting QB for next season.

WOW!!! :shock: :shock: Thats incredible that that happened to you!

LOL

LTH

Latest posts