Me3 for OC?...

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Do you like go routes and deep fades to the sideline? Do you like your playbook to look like it came out of techmo?

flv2

Reaction score
I don't think he's done playing, but i'm not sure what sort of salary he'll be offered if/when he's released by the Broncos. His ego might reject a sub $20M per season offer.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I don't think he's done playing, but i'm not sure what sort of salary he'll be offered if/when he's released by the Broncos. His ego might reject a sub $20M per season offer.
Aren’t the Broncos paying him regardless (ie offsets)? Russ can take the minimum and play ‘good guy who just wants to win‘.

The intriguing angle will be if he’s looking for more than one year and what type of money is built into the subsequent year(s), player vs team options, etc.

flv2

Reaction score
Russell Wilson playbook:
1) Improvise left.
2) Improvise right.

Aren’t the Broncos paying him regardless (ie offsets)? Russ can take the minimum and play ‘good guy who just wants to win‘.

The intriguing angle will be if he’s looking for more than one year and what type of money is built into the subsequent year(s), player vs team options, etc.
I don't see Wilson playing for free. The Broncos should be able to claw back whatever he earns from 2024 due to offsets if he plays. However, he can play for minimum wage with a guaranteed roster bonus in 2025 in lieu of 2024 salary. The bottom line is if any team is prepared to pay him $40M over 2 seasons the Broncos would trade him as paying the contract difference would be cheaper than cutting him. If he's cut it's a clear sign he isn't worth $20M per season. That would set the FA market. Until something happens it's all just guesswork.

WarHawks

Reaction score
And it would specialize in throwing interceptions in the end zone.