Me3 vs vikings

knownone

Reaction score
The Broncos are +12 in T/O in their four-game winning streak, and they've only scored 22 points per game during that stretch. Russ can perform at an elite level in certain situations but is below average in most other areas. And he's in for serious regression when those turnovers dry up.

Since the current strawman is calling analysis of Russ emotional, it's worth noting some of us predicted this outcome at the start of the year and defended Russell's play.
Regardless of the circumstances, Russ played well today. The fact that the Bronco's defense gave up such ridiculous numbers to Fields—maybe the worst QB in football—is the real problem for them. They are probably a fringe .500 team with a semi-competent defense.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
God damn when will our obsession with Russ ever end?

I can barely remember a guy who meant so much to a fanbase, ending up so largely hated by said fanbase after moving on. Perhaps there is another example?

I just don't get it, those feelings of Hatred for Russ, and how folks just keep stoking those fires years later.

I probably have more leftover hatred for the Donks for the AFC years rivalry than I ever did resentment for Russ.

I guess I never did get why Wilson evokes such strong emotion in the first place.
Oh wait, I DO recall another similar situation; when PayRod left the Mariners for the Yankees, OMG we were ON FIRE with hatred of that guy. IDK why so much, but anyway, it was quite similar...

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
God damn when will our obsession with Russ ever end?

I can barely remember a guy who meant so much to a fanbase, ending up so largely hated by said fanbase after moving on. Perhaps there is another example?

I just don't get it, those feelings of Hatred for Russ, and how folks just keep stoking those fires years later.

I probably have more leftover hatred for the Donks for the AFC years rivalry than I ever did resentment for Russ.

I guess I never did get why Wilson evokes such strong emotion in the first place.
I think it's a different case then your thinking. A lot of that hate started a couple years before he left. It's not hate that he left. Moreno how and that started 2 years at minimum before he left for a lot of people

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Or he had one bad year under a ton of pressure, the Broncos were gutted with injuries, Hackett was terrible(and is this year with the jets too) and the wheels just fell off. This Russ is so limited and so arrogant take is a gross exaggeration. The dude had a decade of playing fantastic football and one horrible year and it’s driven some weird takes. Russ was always a good football player and a lot of things just went wrong (and some self induced on his part) that lead to a shit year. I still think a lot of emotion drives some of the odd Russ hate and bad takes. Maybe I’m wrong though
You most definitely are

knownone

Reaction score
Nice.

We need a Russell Wilson Apologist Form since he's 10-17 with the Broncos, is leading a bottom-20 offense for the second straight season, and has worse stats over that stretch relative to his replacement.

Xxx

Reaction score
is it really that big of a deal? kinda weird you would go out of your way to whine about something like that. I put it in here because the thread is partly about Russ and I expect the convo to go on after game day as it usually does. Of course you just want something to whine about, don't you?
It’s funny how people complain about placement of threads, I get the reasoning, and I try to make sure I do it right, but beyond that who cares, unless it’s intentional I guess

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Nice.

We need a Russell Wilson Apologist Form since he's 10-17 with the Broncos, is leading a bottom-20 offense for the second straight season, and has worse stats over that stretch relative to his replacement.
Ran across this interesting tidbit. By the eye-test things have been trending better. FWIW

Last edited: