Me3 vs vikings

olyfan63

Reaction score
Okay. Whatever works for you. If Seattle makes back-to-back playoffs, and you think it's strictly a result of the other teams' misfortune, more power to you.
We did "win our way there" last year, just didn't fully control our own destiny on the final day, other than needing to beat the Rams, IIRC. Any ticket to the dance is a valid ticket. Just ask the 2011 Giants.

knownone

Reaction score
We did "win our way there" last year, just didn't fully control our own destiny on the final day, other than needing to beat the Rams, IIRC. Any ticket to the dance is a valid ticket. Just ask the 2011 Giants.
Yeah. I don't get the sentiment he's expressing at all. If the Seahawks make the playoffs, they deserve to be there, as far as I'm concerned.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
That never happened. I’d bet money on it.
You could be right, but there has been a lot of smoke on it. I'll link you a interesting article about Wilson's selfishness in case you never saw it.

"LEADING UP TO an October 2019 game at the Atlanta Falcons, Wilson's fast start had made him one of the prime early-season contenders for MVP, an award he badly wanted to win. He threw two touchdowns as the Seahawks jumped out to a 24-0 halftime lead but attempted only five passes in the second half.

Afterward, according to a source who spoke with the quarterback, Wilson was livid at how Carroll had taken his foot off the gas, believing it had cost him a chance to grab hold of the MVP race."

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't buy it. Not a single teammate has come out and said he was wired that way. Again I see why people are mad at why and how he left but to say he was a shitty teammate who only cared about himself is ridiculous. Anyone who's watched him play know that's not the case. That guy is possibly the best I've ever see at fighting until the end of the game no matter what the score is and it lead to a ton of come from behind or improbable wins. Green Bay NFFC game, Carolina playoff game they eventually lost and they were down 30 at half only to almost win because he never gave up. Lynch in his latest interview was critical of Russ not being a friend but said he was a warrior who always wanted to win and was one of the best teammates he's ever had to go to battle with.

I'm not telling anyone to change their mind I just think its odd that's all.

Weadoption

Reaction score
His podium game was cringe free yesterday too, maybe a little wordy but clearly the “you ain’t kissing babies” comment from Payton has sunk in on some level.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like Payton is actually coaching and has him buying in. Meh, it's the Bronco's, not that important. But he clearly is playing a lot better than last year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Anyone who says me3, seachickens etc I’ll never understand, it’s goofy.

Russ with another game winning touchdown and is the best QB in the league in the red zone. Keep hating
Yup, childish stuff to say the least. Still dwelling on a guy who has been gone since March of 2022. The gift that keeps on giving.
This is fun.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
God damn when will our obsession with Russ ever end?

I can barely remember a guy who meant so much to a fanbase, ending up so largely hated by said fanbase after moving on. Perhaps there is another example?

I just don't get it, those feelings of Hatred for Russ, and how folks just keep stoking those fires years later.

I probably have more leftover hatred for the Donks for the AFC years rivalry than I ever did resentment for Russ.

I guess I never did get why Wilson evokes such strong emotion in the first place.

knownone

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you think Russ is great or terrible. Projecting emotions onto others—because you disagree with them—is disingenuous. That's bad faith argumentation.

NINEster

Reaction score
His podium game was cringe free yesterday too, maybe a little wordy but clearly the “you ain’t kissing babies” comment from Payton has sunk in on some level.

I noticed his on field interview after the game was quite different than Wilson of past. Far less cringey.

Nice job, only took a decade.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I noticed his on field interview after the game was quite different than Wilson of past. Far less cringey.

Nice job, only took a decade.
Payton set him straight. No more "kissing the babies" No more Team3 office in the building, no more QB coach that isn't employed by the Denver.

Now he's just an expensive game manager doing what Payton wants.

strohmin

Reaction score
Payton set him straight. No more "kissing the babies" No more Team3 office in the building, no more QB coach that isn't employed by the Denver.

Yup Payton deserves alot of credit. He realized that the mental game is not Wilsons strength and simplified the offense for him to minimal reads. The defense is playing grat. Their run game is really good. All Russell has to do is let his team make most of the plays for him and maybe make 2 to 3 key plays in the game and credit to Russell for doing that. However it took him a humiliating season and a coach who put the hammer down for him to come back to earth and play winning football. He lost weight that he shouldnt have gained in the first place. His social media posts have gone down. Hes playing with much less mistakes taking more of the checkdowns and what the defense is giving him. However hes not playing anywhere near how he made it sound during his press conference last year so I do hold that against him.

Fade

Reaction score

Game managers don't put up the numbers he puts up in the red zone.

They also play him deep every chance they get. Game managers are not given as much respect as he sees.

He's a unique player, that has deficiencies, but he is far more than a game manager.

He also has PTSD from all of the sacks, and hits he's taken over his career. There are some David Carr moments for him in games over the last few years.

Threedee

Reaction score
2010 Seahawks were fun to watch in the WC round. One of the most enjoyable experiences, as I was partying in Belltown, with low expectations that our 7-9 team would upset the champion Saints.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Russ needed the year he had in 2022. It was the only thing that'd get him to accept the role that he actually succeeds in - which is as a low volume passer that lets the ball get moved through the run game, allowing him the freedom to take higher quality attempts that aren't forcing him to do the things he's bad at. Backs the pass rush off, lets him take his time and move around before uncorking it because the pressure isn't on him to move the chains. He wasn't gonna accept that here. It took total annihilation to bring him to reason.

Now, he's himself again. 2018 Russ.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Or he had one bad year under a ton of pressure, the Broncos were gutted with injuries, Hackett was terrible(and is this year with the jets too) and the wheels just fell off. This Russ is so limited and so arrogant take is a gross exaggeration. The dude had a decade of playing fantastic football and one horrible year and it’s driven some weird takes. Russ was always a good football player and a lot of things just went wrong (and some self induced on his part) that lead to a shit year. I still think a lot of emotion drives some of the odd Russ hate and bad takes. Maybe I’m wrong though

hoxrox

Reaction score
Game managers don't put up the numbers he puts up in the red zone.

They also play him deep every chance they get. Game managers are not given as much respect as he sees.

He's a unique player, that has deficiencies, but he is far more than a game manager.

He also has PTSD from all of the sacks, and hits he's taken over his career. There are some David Carr moments for him in games over the last few years.
Denver is 21st in redzone scoring % so not sure what you're basing the info on.

They are 24th in pass yards per game, with 191 air yards per game.

They are 17th in pass yards per attempt.

These are game manager type stats, ie, he doesn't have to carry the team on his back. He just needs to be efficient, which is reflected in his passer rating. However, taking sacks by holding the ball too long, does not reflect in his passer rating...

Russ isn't playing horrible this season, but Payton is making his job much easier.