Me3 vs vikings

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah, still glad we're not paying his current contract, but Russ has been considerably better than Geno the past like six weeks.
It’s not even close either.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Anyone who says me3, seachickens etc I’ll never understand, it’s goofy.

Russ with another game winning touchdown and is the best QB in the league in the red zone. Keep hating
sorry but it cracks me up. It's mostly in jest I don't have any real ill will towards Russ. But I do think he is a very, very selfish person so I like to poke fun at him. The story about him throwing a fit because Pete didn't let him throw when we were winning by 30 to run up his stats for his MVP campaign says it all.

knownone

Reaction score
Oof, that was a rough game to watch. Thankfully, the Broncos won, so we have some wiggle room in the WC picture.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Russ has 600 less yards passing than Geno but 6 more TD passes. Telling story for this Seahawk offense.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I usually root for the Vikes. Partly an underdog thing (4 lost superb owls) and partly cuz the purple unis are snazzy and awesome...

This time I rooted for Russ, I mean I hate the donks, but I'm not mad anymore. It's cool to see him be clutch.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
That's an interesting response to my comment.
Well it's true. You got the Eagles and 49ers, then Dallas, which is only half a good team. If we get in it will be because nobody else was mediocre enough.

One thing that's almost a given, we will end up with a VERY poor divisional record, and that will hurt us.

knownone

Reaction score
Well it's true. You got the Eagles and 49ers, then Dallas, which is only half a good team. If we get in it will be because nobody else was mediocre enough.
It's neither relevant nor accurate. Also, what about the 8-2 Lions? Mediocre?

If we get in, it's because we deserve to get in—bottom line. Rationalize it however you want.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
It's neither relevant nor accurate. Also, what about the 8-2 Lions? Mediocre?

If we get in, it's because we deserve to get in—bottom line. Rationalize it however you want.
We beat them once, but I wouldn't bet on twice. I guess the Lions, IMO are about 3/4 of a good team. Goff turns the ball over too much and they won't get past the juggernaut teams of the NFC...

I could really see us in the same position this year as last, getting a playoff berth only dependent on the misfortune of other teams, not because we "won our way there".

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I actually think we could turn it around. I give it about a 33% chance. I don't see us beating the 49ers at all, but I could see, by some miracle, going 2-2 at best over the next four. They're gonna have to do at least that before I'll put any faith in this team again. I'll be watching, can't ever give up my team, but not with a lot of hope until I see meaningful progress.

If Lock starts next week, he better get some reps in. I doubt he'll be as bad as he was today, but I definitely have no faith in the offense with him under center.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Oof, that was a rough game to watch. Thankfully, the Broncos won, so we have some wiggle room in the WC picture.
You didn’t cheer on the beat red zone QH in the league when he threw a game winning touchdown? Weird.

Ozzy

Reaction score
sorry but it cracks me up. It's mostly in jest I don't have any real ill will towards Russ. But I do think he is a very, very selfish person so I like to poke fun at him. The story about him throwing a fit because Pete didn't let him throw when we were winning by 30 to run up his stats for his MVP campaign says it all.
That never happened. I’d bet money on it.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Russ with another game winning touchdown and is the best QB in the league in the red zone. Keep hating
I watched the whole game. Outside the winning TD, Russ wasn't that impressive TBH. Needed two turnovers given up by the Vikings to even be in that position to win. Good on him though.

knownone

Reaction score
We beat them once, but I wouldn't bet on twice. I guess the Lions, IMO are about 3/4 of a good team. Goff turns the ball over too much and they won't get past the juggernaut teams of the NFC...

I could really see us in the same position this year as last, getting a playoff berth only dependent on the misfortune of other teams, not because we "won our way there".
Okay. Whatever works for you. If Seattle makes back-to-back playoffs, and you think it's strictly a result of the other teams' misfortune, more power to you.

olyfan63

Reaction score
That was classic vintage game-manager Russell.
The winning TD throw was also classic Russell too. He still doesn't truly read defenses, but he read the coverage and the receiver position and knew the favorable matchup, and he had decided pre-snap that's where he was going, to his Dawg, Cortland Sutton, and that he'd throw him a jump ball he knew his guy would win.

Other classic clutch Russell:
1) 2013 NFCCG vs 49ers, 49ers jump, Russell and the receivers recognize the automatic 4-verts route adjustment and all do it, Russell hits Kearse for a 45 yard TD.
2) 2014 NFCCG vs Packers, OT, Russ recognizes Zero Blitz by GB, gets just enough time, and hits Kearse for the walkoff TD.

olyfan63

Reaction score
RE: the location of this thread: Personally, I prefer this discussion being right where it is in the NFL Nation forum, and would find Broncos/Me3 game posts incompatible with a Seahawks game posts on the same Sunday. Not a hill to die on for me, just a preference.