Meh. One Of Those Seasons

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They were due, period. Let's win some games this year and get this crap season over with. Sometimes it's just not your year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BocciHawk":1vde9dhj said:
Sgt. Largent":1vde9dhj said:
The only thing I'm nervous and worked up about now is our ownership.

We know better than any fanbase that if you have a bad owner, you'll never turn things around. I'm not saying Jody Allen's a bad owner, but she is an silent absentee owner.

She's not at games, she's not on the sidelines, she's not taking interviews and easing our minds as fans that she's 100% fully engaged in doing whatever it takes to win like Paul was.

That's the concerning part of this equation for me, not that we suck now and the wheels are coming off. It's that we literally have no idea if we have the ownership in place to fix it. That's a scary prospect.

Actually a lot of that isn't true.

She definitely comes to games. Paul didn't hang around on the sidelines, either. There is an owner's suite and at home games that's where she'd be. She's attended several away games in the last 18 months as well.

Paul was involved in some great things and I have massive respect for the man, but honestly, as a owner, he did the best possible things -- he got some good football people, and he let them run the organization. When he made a mistake (Jim Mora) he acted quickly to rect** it. He was never a Jerry Jones or a Dan Snyder thankfully.

Jody is smart -- Paul thought Jody was smarter than him, which is kind of funny to think about, but it's a good realization, as a fan. Also good to know that Jody was involved with Vulcan for years before Paul passed.

In short, this is all media garbage. I don't see Jody making a lot of changes quickly, and I know she has every resource at her disposal. I know she cares, and I know she's smart. That's enough for me.

(Many owners are money grubbing, and/or dumb, and/or meddle... with Jody I don't have to worry about any of that.)

Paul would routinely walk the sidelines before games.

https://twitter.com/JenTalksSports/stat ... 8391962624

Please show me ANY shred of evidence that Jody's at the games or engaged publicly with the Hawks.

Doesn't mean that she's not paying attention, but that's my point. We need to hear her talk.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":gxfgsph2 said:
BocciHawk":gxfgsph2 said:
Sgt. Largent":gxfgsph2 said:

We know better than any fanbase that if you have a bad owner, you'll never turn things around. I'm not saying Jody Allen's a bad owner, but she is an silent absentee owner.

She's not at games, she's not on the sidelines, she's not taking interviews and easing our minds as fans that she's 100% fully engaged in doing whatever it takes to win like Paul was.

That's the concerning part of this equation for me, not that we suck now and the wheels are coming off. It's that we literally have no idea if we have the ownership in place to fix it. That's a scary prospect.

She definitely comes to games. Paul didn't hang around on the sidelines, either. There is an owner's suite and at home games that's where she'd be. She's attended several away games in the last 18 months as well.

Paul was involved in some great things and I have massive respect for the man, but honestly, as a owner, he did the best possible things -- he got some good football people, and he let them run the organization. When he made a mistake (Jim Mora) he acted quickly to rect** it. He was never a Jerry Jones or a Dan Snyder thankfully.

Jody is smart -- Paul thought Jody was smarter than him, which is kind of funny to think about, but it's a good realization, as a fan. Also good to know that Jody was involved with Vulcan for years before Paul passed.

In short, this is all media garbage. I don't see Jody making a lot of changes quickly, and I know she has every resource at her disposal. I know she cares, and I know she's smart. That's enough for me.

(Many owners are money grubbing, and/or dumb, and/or meddle... with Jody I don't have to worry about any of that.)

Please show me ANY shred of evidence that Jody's at the games or engaged publicly with the Hawks.

Doesn't mean that she's not paying attention, but that's my point. We need to hear her talk.

No, you want to hear her talk as do others, would be nice, but I think we will have to wait a few more weeks, I don't think she like Paul gets too mixed up in things and goes public unless there is a catastrophe. As of now it's is just a mess and doesn't look good and the behind the scenes is probably a lot of questions being asked and possibly preparations for what to do next. How Paul did stuff I expect her way also, get info make a plan, then execute it. Not react and go public and then have to do damage control.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":1a6vt6in said:
Sgt. Largent":1a6vt6in said:
BocciHawk":1a6vt6in said:
Sgt. Largent":1a6vt6in said:

Paul was involved in some great things and I have massive respect for the man, but honestly, as a owner, he did the best possible things -- he got some good football people, and he let them run the organization. When he made a mistake (Jim Mora) he acted quickly to rect**** it. He was never a Jerry Jones or a Dan Snyder thankfully.

No, you want to hear her talk as do others, would be nice, but I think we will have to wait a few more weeks, I don't think she like Paul gets too mixed up in things and goes public unless there is a catastrophe. As of now it's is just a mess and doesn't look good and the behind the scenes is probably a lot of questions being asked and possibly preparations for what to do next. How Paul did stuff I expect her way also, get info make a plan, then execute it. Not react and go public and then have to do damage control.

I never said I want her to go public with anything, other than get her face out there and let us know she gives a crap.

Or give a public statement through the press. Anything to ease our worries that she's just an absentee owner perfectly willing to let this organization run into the ditch.

I don't think that's too much to ask.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17xr0177 said:
chris98251":17xr0177 said:
Sgt. Largent":17xr0177 said:
BocciHawk":17xr0177 said:

Paul was involved in some great things and I have massive respect for the man, but honestly, as a owner, he did the best possible things -- he got some good football people, and he let them run the organization. When he made a mistake (Jim Mora) he acted quickly to rect****** it. He was never a Jerry Jones or a Dan Snyder thankfully.

I never said I want her to go public with anything, other than get her face out there and let us know she gives a crap.

Or give a public statement through the press. Anything to ease our worries that she's just an absentee owner perfectly willing to let this organization run into the ditch.

Well she did raise the flag last year, so she's not totally absent.

Tzr 130148 780x501

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3pdqsvb9 said:
chris98251":3pdqsvb9 said:
Sgt. Largent":3pdqsvb9 said:
BocciHawk":3pdqsvb9 said:

Paul was involved in some great things and I have massive respect for the man, but honestly, as a owner, he did the best possible things -- he got some good football people, and he let them run the organization. When he made a mistake (Jim Mora) he acted quickly to rect**** it. He was never a Jerry Jones or a Dan Snyder thankfully.

Well Jerry likes to talk a lot, maybe you want that kind of owner, not me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":3uuc9pi2 said:
Sgt. Largent":3uuc9pi2 said:
chris98251":3uuc9pi2 said:
Sgt. Largent":3uuc9pi2 said:

Well Jerry likes to talk a lot, maybe you want that kind of owner, not me.

You keep taking this conversation to extremes.

There's a happy medium between Jerry Jones and an owner no one's ever seen at a game or even knows what she sounds like talking.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Unless they plan on firing Pete within the next 5 weeks, I don't think it's appropriate for the owner to come out and start making statements about the team until the season is over.

While it might be nice to hear something from the owner every now and then, it's certainly not a requirement in order for me to have confidence in the direction of our franchise and I won't lose confidence just because ownership is silent. Actions, or inactions, speak louder than words.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rv9aky4 said:
BocciHawk":1rv9aky4 said:
Sgt. Largent":1rv9aky4 said:

You might need her to talk

rjdriver

Reaction score
Tokadub":2c3ixy88 said:
RiverDog":2c3ixy88 said:
It's more than just "one of those seasons"

I agree, this is WAYYYY more than "one of those seasons".

We just traded 2 first round picks + a 4th round pick for Jamal Adams (+ Mcdougal).

We have NO FIRST ROUND PICK NEXT DRAFT. We also owe Jamal Adams over $28,000,000 in dead money STARTING NEXT SEASON???????????????????????????????????????

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/seattle-seahawks/

The dead money with Wilson is I think 26 million this off season? So that would explain why we didn't spend any money we will STILL OWE $13 million if we cut him (including our saving 13 million).

We are stuck with a defense that allows practically the worst in the league in yards allowed this season. We are paying Jamal Adams as if our defense wasn't bottom 1-3 in yards allowed... (+ draft picks + dead money)...

IT is REALLY hard to justify ANYTHING this team has done since the Jamal Adams trade, they are total garbage in every way in my opinion.

BUT NOW WE HAVE A YEAR WHERE WE GAVE UP EVERYTHING FOR JAMAL ADAMS BUT YET WE ARE SITTING ON $13,000,000 + OVER $10,000,000 (IF WE RESTRUCTURED WILSON'S CONTRACT)...

THE FACT WE WENT ALL IN ON JAMAL ADAMS AND WE HAD A CHANGE OF HEART... GAME OVER MAN.

Well Crap...

Don't ever go into therapy Tok!

Latest posts