Meh. It Is What It Is.

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":2aj5sc75 said:
Shanegotyou11":2aj5sc75 said:
Fade":2aj5sc75 said:
Shanegotyou11":2aj5sc75 said:
http://archive.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2014/10/the_end_of_incompetence_the_patriots_dominance_in.html

Pete Carroll could never win 11 games in a season with a backup QB, sorry if that hurts your feelings.

It doesnt hurt my feelings at all. You are super dense is all and think you are smarter then you really are.

And i forgot pete is 2 and 3 without Russ in the playoffs. He made it 3 times. If you think Pete could not win in the AFC East, then even i give you too much credit. Lol.

The AFC East with Tom Brady and Bill all had sub .500 records during their run. What does that tell you? Soft division.

So Pete's gonna take the Seahawks back to the promised land, huh?

Just has to push Wilson out? Keep missing on his draft picks, and continue to overpay JAGS in free agency? Keep Norton onboard, too. That is a must. :D :D

I have no idea what you're even arguing anymore. Pete couldn't finish with a winning record in the worst division in NFL history while having his starter healthy most of the year.

Pete is one of the worst coaches in the NFL right now, and going forward. That is the reality, sorry.

What is the point you're trying to make?

This is nothing new... People have been putting down Carroll his entire career, certainly the last 12 years... they have been saying the exact same thing... Carroll has made a career at proving people wrong... what's your point?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
nanomoz":1rhe5ne6 said:
Shanegotyou11":1rhe5ne6 said:
Fade":1rhe5ne6 said:
Shanegotyou11":1rhe5ne6 said:
http://archive.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2014/10/the_end_of_incompetence_the_patriots_dominance_in.html

Pete Carroll could never win 11 games in a season with a backup QB, sorry if that hurts your feelings.

It doesnt hurt my feelings at all. You are super dense is all and think you are smarter then you really are.

And i forgot pete is 2 and 3 without Russ in the playoffs. He made it 3 times. If you think Pete could not win in the AFC East, then even i give you too much credit. Lol.

The AFC East with Tom Brady and Bill all had sub .500 records during their run. What does that tell you? Soft division.

Would someone care to explain to me how Shanegotyou11 calling Fade "super dense" skirts the rule of attack the post, not the poster?

This is name calling. And Shanegotyou11 seems convinced he's the smartest guy in the room. And we all looooooove that kind of dude.

Pro tip: the dude who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room is typically the most useless person in the room. You know, the sort that doesn't actually listen to anyone else. They're just waiting for their next turn to speak.

I got attacked too in other post. And you just called me useless. You also passive aggressively called me dumb. No the person who thinks he is the smartest is more along the line of Fade.

I at least provided stats behind my reasoning.

But do u.

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":37seo87s said:
Fade":37seo87s said:
Shanegotyou11":37seo87s said:
Fade":37seo87s said:

Just has to push Wilson out? Keep missing on his draft picks, and continue to overpay JAGS in free agency? Keep Norton onboard, too. That is a must. :D :D

I have no idea what you're even arguing anymore. Pete couldn't finish with a winning record in the worst division in NFL history while having his starter healthy most of the year.

Pete is one of the worst coaches in the NFL right now, and going forward. That is the reality, sorry.

This is nothing new... People have been putting down Carroll his entire career, certainly the last 12 years... they have been saying the exact same thing... Carroll has made a career at proving people wrong... what's your point?

USC he had the advantage of superior talent due to location and school history, Seahawks he had a great insight the first few years on draft prospects and took advantage of it, he also had Scot Mccloughan in the front office who ran scouting. That was the difference, Scot left, Pete's insider knowledge waned, front office Scouting department guys hired elsewhere.

We have won, we have not dominated since 2014, the decline began the next year as we unloaded salary and players that had lost faith in his direction and mantra. You trend up or down, we were trending down after the Super Bowl loss and using smoke and mirrors to stay winning without infusion of top tier players, not for lack of trying but for trying to trap lighting in a bottle the way we did it the first time.

The league adapted and countered, those types of players were not there for the taking like the first few years and harder to find. Especially without Scot and Pete's intimate knowledge of the players.

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":2gbs3wto said:
LTH":2gbs3wto said:
Fade":2gbs3wto said:
Shanegotyou11":2gbs3wto said:

USC he had the advantage of superior talent due to location and school history, Seahawks he had a great insight the first few years on draft prospects and took advantage of it, he also had Scot Mccloughan in the front office who ran scouting. That was the difference, Scot left, Pete's insider knowledge waned, front office Scouting department guys hired elsewhere.

We have won, we have not dominated since 2014, the decline began the next year as we unloaded salary and players that had lost faith in his direction and mantra. You trend up or down, we were trending down after the Super Bowl loss and using smoke and mirrors to stay winning without infusion of top tier players, not for lack of trying but for trying to trap lighting in a bottle the way we did it the first time.

The league adapted and countered, those types of players were not there for the taking like the first few years and harder to find. Especially without Scot and Pete's intimate knowledge of the players.

well i guess there is truth in the fact your only as good as the people around you... I would say that most teams trend down after 2 SB appearances due to parity in the league... I would say that the Seahawks have done a pretty good job of staying competitive... maybe that was the mistake maybe they should have tanked it after the 2015 season and got a top 5 draft...

LTH

onepicknick1

Reaction score
getnasty":2ow7czey said:
Fade":2ow7czey said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1452844738579550208[/tweet]
200w.webp

Comments like this are pointless. There's literally not a coach in this league that succeeds without a good quarterback. Zero.

The guy is giving Russ credit like he always has.

Trent Dilfer wasn't a good QB how about Mark Rypien or Brad Johnson they all won a Superbowl and I wouldn't consider them a good QB.

Fade

Reaction score
LTH":k7dx8te3 said:

How's Geno going to perform against the Jaguars? I enjoy your analysis on upcoming games. ;)

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":vkf98xce said:
LTH":vkf98xce said:

How's Geno going to perform against the Jaguars? I enjoy your analysis on upcoming games. ;)

Yeah... i'm sure you do... LOL

I think he is going to do just enough to win the game...I think it will be the same type of offense probably... run heavy, but I do think Geno can take some shots down field so probably 1 or 2 big gainers... I see a low scoring game 24 -20 or 20 -17 something like that... Geno, 15 for 25 for 230 1 td 0 int That would be a solid game for Geno... Clearly he is not comfortable as way to many delay of game penalty's... well see. I don't think Carroll is going to lean to much on him... Just as long as he takes advantage of his open opportunities, and doesn't turn the ball over... again its about 3 solid phases of the game ..

Edit: The one x factor is Schotty, not sure what to think about that one...

What are your thoughts on Geno?

LTH

Latest posts