Meh. It Is What It Is.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Fade":hxwrephr said:
Shanegotyou11":hxwrephr said:
http://archive.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2014/10/the_end_of_incompetence_the_patriots_dominance_in.html

Pete Carroll could never win 11 games in a season with a backup QB, sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Cassels numbers career wise were a lot like Bledsoe. That was the QB for Pete where he led a non Russ team to the playoffs twice.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I am 100% on board with Pete being fired after this year. He has lost this team and they have such little talent it’s painful. Unless they win out this team is done. I don’t think they can beat a single team in the nfl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fade

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3db8tr0q said:
Fade":3db8tr0q said:
Shanegotyou11":3db8tr0q said:
http://archive.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2014/10/the_end_of_incompetence_the_patriots_dominance_in.html

Pete Carroll could never win 11 games in a season with a backup QB, sorry if that hurts your feelings.

It doesnt hurt my feelings at all. You are super dense is all and think you are smarter then you really are.

And i forgot pete is 2 and 3 without Russ in the playoffs. He made it 3 times. If you think Pete could not win in the AFC East, then even i give you too much credit. Lol.

The AFC East with Tom Brady and Bill all had sub .500 records during their run. What does that tell you? Soft division.

So Pete's gonna take the Seahawks back to the promised land, huh?

Just has to push Wilson out? Keep missing on his draft picks, and continue to overpay JAGS in free agency? Keep Norton onboard, too. That is a must. :D :D

I have no idea what you're even arguing anymore. Pete couldn't finish with a winning record in the worst division in NFL history while having his starter healthy most of the year.

Pete is one of the worst coaches in the NFL right now, and going forward. That is the reality, sorry.

What is the point you're trying to make?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I think Pete resigns at this point . Did you see that press conference Pete basically conceded he only has a job because of Russell Wilson's greatness. Can Russ continue to play at the level he has going forward not on this team he can't.

getnasty

Reaction score
Fade":3dmu53xh said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1452844738579550208[/tweet]
200w.webp

Comments like this are pointless. There's literally not a coach in this league that succeeds without a good quarterback. Zero.

The guy is giving Russ credit like he always has.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
getnasty":1gcqomts said:
Fade":1gcqomts said:
200w.webp

Comments like this are pointless. There's literally not a coach in this league that succeeds without a good quarterback. Zero.

This era is over . Doesn't matter how you want to assign blame it's just over. Ownership has to clean house at the end of the season hopefully Russ stays . That's the deal.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Aros":1ilzs9vv said:
I would have been so thrilled had they decided to have Adams shadow Kamara on every single play. Or double, triple team his ass. Because clearly we had no answer for their most obvious offensive weapon all night. Our coaches are stealing pay checks at this point.

Yeah I agree, it was embarrassing as hell how we couldn't cover essentially their only play maker in this game...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401326435

According to the Rush and Pass Completions listed on ESPN.com:

Kamara had a combined 30 rush attempts and receptions, (10 for 11 on receptions) OUR ENTIRE OFFENSE HAD 40???

WTF??? How do they win a game going 30 successful (he got the ball) plays to the same guy but our best 2 players had barely any touches???

Kamara rush attempts + receptions = 30

DK METCALK rush attempts + receptions = 2

Tyler Lockett rush attempts + receptions = 2

KAMARA HAD NEARLY 10 times more plays where he had the football in his hand than DK METCALF AND TYLER LOCKETT COMBINED??????????????????????????????????????????????

WTF?

nwHawk

Reaction score
We’ll, Geno sucks for staters…

snowleopard

Reaction score
There are no instant fixes here.
The Seahawks basically have to start again and build a team from scratch. That is what took them to successive NFC championships. The team now has too many highly paid has-beens in it. Wilson has to go first of all and then start by rebuilding the lines. It will be a three year process and it will be a painful three years. The Seahawks have been butting band aids on the cracks for a few years now and they are all coming off at once. Time to start again.

getnasty

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3gombqy6 said:
getnasty":3gombqy6 said:
Fade":3gombqy6 said:
200w.webp

This era is over . Doesn't matter how you want to assign blame it's just over. Ownership has to clean house at the end of the season hopefully Russ stays . That's the deal.

Do you really think ownership is gonna clean house? If Pete leaves it's because he steps away i don't see him getting fired for going 8-9 and his quarterback missing 4 games.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Yeah i mean you go into the game as pete Carrol right, and he’s supposedly a defensive minded guy. So all week long what exactly were he and Norton talking about? Inflation? The signing of the Atlantic Charter? No i mean i really, truly want to know. Why did it take basically 2 quarters of gameplay for us to realize that taking Kamara out of the picture would be a good idea? How is that actually possible given our coach is ALWAYS mentioned as a defensive minded coach? It’s almost so impossible that it then becomes not only possible but probable in the alternate universe, not in a million years kind of a way.

I couldn’t even name another player on their offensive roster outside of crab legs.

It’s not just that Kamara had a good game. Good players evade the best of schemes. It’s AK catching pass after pass after pass with the nearest Hawk 5 yards away, and AK is sprinting forward while the defender is literally on his heels.

Completely, utterly inexcusable but there’s no ultimate accountability anywhere other than to wait it out until PC just voluntarily goes i guess.

Peteball invokes the fondest memories of my football viewing life but also sadly the greatest reminder that change is constant and you have to evolve rapidly or you become a dinosaur in this league.

Pete is literally already fossilized and we’re just stuck in the mud watching the wind blow the dirt around his once glorious monument.

RVA_311

Reaction score
Very small potatoes compared to the array of major issues facing this team but...anyone else ready for the Freddie Swain punt returning experiment to end? The dude calls for a fair catch EVERY. DAMN. TIME. His final return opportunity last night he had what looked to be nearly 10 yards of space between himself and the gunners as the ball was falling to him (in a game where we desperately needed field position given our offensive ineptness)...but had already called for the fair catch so it didn't matter.

No area of this roster really inspires confidence right now :(

Optimus25

Reaction score
rva82":1jfb0yzm said:
Very small potatoes compared to the array of major issues facing this team but...anyone else ready for the Freddie Swain punt returning experiment to end? The dude calls for a fair catch EVERY. DAMN. TIME. His final return opportunity last night he had what looked to be nearly 10 yards of space between himself and the gunners as the ball was falling to him (in a game where we desperately needed field position given our offensive ineptness)...but had already called for the fair catch so it didn't matter.

Let’s just say anytime Swain has more touches than Lockett Pete should have his nuts kicked by Jason Myers.

Fortunately for him Myers will miss at least 1 of every 2 attempts.

RVA_311

Reaction score
Optimus25":athfosbe said:
rva82":athfosbe said:

Let’s just say anytime Swain has more touches than Lockett Pete should have his nuts kicked by Jason Myers.

Fortunately for him Myers will miss at least 1 of every 2 attempts.

:irishdrinkers: Amen!

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
This team feels very Jim Mora esque from the 2009 season. A veteran QB that gets hurt, an aging MLB, and holes at virtually every position otherwise. More dumb penalties again this game with a nonsensical Al Woods encroachment and continued WASTED timeouts. How Pete can never learn and manage timeouts 10+ years in his tenure is unbelievable. This team desperately needs a reboot with a new coach similiar to what Pete did his first year and the 150+ (?) transactions we had in that offseason.

Also you don't think Bevell and Schotty want to stick it to Pete and win next week? Just wait until we lose to the Jags.

BASF

Reaction score
HawkinNY":7i1cuupa said:
I am 100% on board with Pete being fired after this year. He has lost this team and they have such little talent it’s painful. Unless they win out this team is done. I don’t think they can beat a single team in the nfl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching the team lose sucks, but please let's not get into this kind of hyperbole. We are two missed field goals away from being 4-3. We are one botched interception from being 5-2. We are snake bit this season and Carroll will finally be gone at the end of it, but c'mon.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":1jzg2zrz said:
What was it, 7? 9? rushing plays in a row that went absolutely nowhere?

Bang head against rock, man.

That was so ugly to watch. The game has passed Pete by to a sickening degree, on prime time, no less.. Without Russ he was exposed.

It was 9 plays in a row, and the 8th play was so obvious a HS team could have stuffed it.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":15rmrpb0 said:
Fade":15rmrpb0 said:
Shanegotyou11":15rmrpb0 said:

It doesnt hurt my feelings at all. You are super dense is all and think you are smarter then you really are.

And i forgot pete is 2 and 3 without Russ in the playoffs. He made it 3 times. If you think Pete could not win in the AFC East, then even i give you too much credit. Lol.

The AFC East with Tom Brady and Bill all had sub .500 records during their run. What does that tell you? Soft division.

Would someone care to explain to me how Shanegotyou11 calling Fade "super dense" skirts the rule of attack the post, not the poster?

This is name calling. And Shanegotyou11 seems convinced he's the smartest guy in the room. And we all looooooove that kind of dude.

Pro tip: the dude who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room is typically the most useless person in the room. You know, the sort that doesn't actually listen to anyone else. They're just waiting for their next turn to speak.

Hyak

Reaction score
It's time for a reset. The real question that I think has always been vague is how much of the personnel decisions are Carroll vs Schneider. In addition, if Schneider has been the main driver, how much is impacted by the system requirements dictated by Carroll?

I certainly could see a world where Pete retires, Schneider stays and hires the coach, and they build around Russell and other core players still around. Especially given the ownership group.

As for the coaching, it's abysmal that they constantly have self inflicted mistakes and are outcoached and out executed. Across all 3 units.

The sad thing is that if they had their shit together, they could be 4-3 or 5-2 right now WITH all of the problems.

Fade

Reaction score
JTB":19kgjq3t said:
It's time for a reset. The real question that I think has always been vague is how much of the personnel decisions are Carroll vs Schneider. In addition, if Schneider has been the main driver, how much is impacted by the system requirements dictated by Carroll?

I certainly could see a world where Pete retires, Schneider stays and hires the coach, and they build around Russell and other core players still around. Especially given the ownership group.

As for the coaching, it's abysmal that they constantly have self inflicted mistakes and are outcoached and out executed. Across all 3 units.

The sad thing is that if they had their $h!t together, they could be 4-3 or 5-2 right now WITH all of the problems.

Yes. I'm glad you're highlighting this. They should be 5-2 with the same roster if they weren't so horribly coached.

They are not that far away from being contenders. They will have about $60M in cap space next off-season, they can retool things very quickly. I wouldn't blow things up, instead take a swing with a new regime first.

The 2015 Chip Kelly Eagles were a laughing stock. Two years later they were Super Bowl Champions with a new Head Coach. (Doug Pedersen)