Miami Trade DB Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers

Seymour

Reaction score
Osprey":rl9dvm57 said:
And now, my bubble is burst:
http://seahawksdraftblog.com/why-a-minkah-fitzpatrick-trade-to-seattle-might-be-unlikely

Agree that a slot isn't worth a 1st, but is a multi-tool who could provide competition for Blair at FS worth a 2nd?

Their entire supposition is based on playing him as a nickle (where he stated he is not best suited for) and that is dumb to base this on. They would need and likely want him to play the FS position, so I'll disagree with that article being valid for coming here.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":120iix73 said:
Osprey":120iix73 said:
I thought he was 6'1 , looks at least 9' in that pic. :0190l:

He's sneaky nimble for his size.

If all the Dolphins are asking for is a 2nd? I'l pull a hamstring shaking their hands if i was Schneider for Fitzpatrick.

He's a perfect fit here, versatile at CB or safety and just signed a very reasonable four year contract, so we'd have control for three years at 4M per year?

DO IT!

He is a first round pick so they could control him the 5th year also. Plus he is 22 years old.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":auhg2kxc said:
Osprey":auhg2kxc said:
http://seahawksdraftblog.com/why-a-minkah-fitzpatrick-trade-to-seattle-might-be-unlikely

Agree that a slot isn't worth a 1st, but is a multi-tool who could provide competition for Blair at FS worth a 2nd?

Their entire supposition is based on playing him as a nickle (where he stated he is not best suited for) and that is dumb to base this on. They would need and likely want him to play the FS position, so I'll disagree with that article being valid for coming here.

I'd argue that 4M a year for a very good nickel is just as valuable as a safety, especially if the plan is for Blair to take over the FS position, if he can ever stay healthy.

We were lucky to have Coleman for two years holding down the nickel CB.......and with Ugo hurt, it's going to be even worse.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1az9bj3b said:
Seymour":1az9bj3b said:
Osprey":1az9bj3b said:

I'd argue that 4M a year for a very good nickel is just as valuable as a safety, especially if the plan is for Blair to take over the FS position, if he can ever stay healthy.

We were lucky to have Coleman for two years holding down the nickel CB.......and with Ugo hurt, it's going to be even worse.

He doesn't want to play that position....did you read that?? :177692:

Also this thread title is wrong....they are not shopping him. He requested to talk to other teams.
A Dolphins official told ESPN they are not actively shopping Fitzpatrick, but did not deny that they have given permission to Segal to discuss a trade with teams.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2cudfbgt said:
Sgt. Largent":2cudfbgt said:
Seymour":2cudfbgt said:
Osprey":2cudfbgt said:

He doesn't want to play that position....did you read that?? :177692:

Also this thread title is wrong....they are not shopping him. He requested to talk to other teams.
A Dolphins official told ESPN they are not actively shopping Fitzpatrick, but did not deny that they have given permission to Segal to discuss a trade with teams.

I missed that part, but it makes sense for him. You're never going to get paid as a nickel corner like you would at safety or CB.............and allowing players to talk to other teams is the same as shopping him.

Seymour

Reaction score
It also doesn't make sense to use a 1st round pick for a player that plays less than 50% of the D snaps.

northseahawk

Reaction score
He is the biggest missing piece and I would give our first rounder for him all day.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":bidtksee said:
It also doesn't make sense to use a 1st round pick for a player that plays less than 50% of the D snaps.

Well for as bad as the Dolphins are, Fitzpatrick is playing behind Reshad Jones who is a great safety, made the Pro Bowl in 2017.

So it makes sense that he'd like to move on to somewhere he can start and not be used at a position he doesn't like.

Osprey

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3uqlr2ig said:
You're never going to get paid as a nickel corner like you would at safety or CB.............
After Coleman's deal I wonder if the Slot CB isn't hitting the tipping point like Guards did back in the day salary wise. Still not CB money (just like Guard isn't Tackle money), but significantly more than in the past.

Seymour

Reaction score
If Blair is the better choice, then possibly replacing Flowers at DB2 would be wise? He was lit up like a NY Christmas tree on Sunday! :pukeface:

Give them Toast Thompson and a 2nd.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
You know JS has reached out to Miami. Why? Because Pete said JS will look at every available player. Shoot, we even reached out to Antonio Brown!

But, it’s not just about draft picks.

Miami asked Fitz to seek trade partners, so I have to assume Fitz has named teams he would play for.

Are we on his short list? If not. No chance.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":32m7zyax said:
Osprey":32m7zyax said:

For Blair, and for Hill, and for Amadi, and for Taylor...eventually you have to wonder whether we already have enough people. I think we do.

When you look at the recent play of Thompson and Flowers we may have "enough" people, but we sure dont have "good enough" people.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Osprey":qqy3ph5h said:
Sgt. Largent":qqy3ph5h said:
You're never going to get paid as a nickel corner like you would at safety or CB.............
After Coleman's deal I wonder if the Slot CB isn't hitting the tipping point like Guards did back in the day salary wise. Still not CB money (just like Guard isn't Tackle money), but significantly more than in the past.

For sure, but it's still nowhere near what a defensive back can make as a front line CB or safety.

But I agree with you, it's a position that is only going to become more valuable as the game evolves (or devolves depending on your opinion).

IMO this has as much to do with Minkah not wanting to play for a loser organization for the next three years minimum, than it does what position he's playing.

Player's aren't stupid, they see their GM tanking. Who wants to be a part of that?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":1755g1uh said:
MontanaHawk05":1755g1uh said:
Osprey":1755g1uh said:

For Blair, and for Hill, and for Amadi, and for Taylor...eventually you have to wonder whether we already have enough people. I think we do.

When you look at the recent play of Thompson and Flowers we may have "enough" people, but we sure dont have "good enough" people.

Would they be better with better safety help though?

Investment with those draft picks may need to.go elsewhere to see more efectivessness

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":wah5zkyg said:
Seymour":wah5zkyg said:
MontanaHawk05":wah5zkyg said:
Osprey":wah5zkyg said:

Investment with those draft picks may need to.go elsewhere to see more efectivessness

Not sure but Blair is a health risk with a thin build and big hitter. So even if he is great, and good backup FS / starting DB2 may end up useful in the long run.

Sub-par FS already cost us 7 points in week 1.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Pretty sure that we are all in on this year. May as well give a 1st for a guy who has know 1st round talent.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":2t7iw13v said:
Uncle Si":2t7iw13v said:
Seymour":2t7iw13v said:
MontanaHawk05":2t7iw13v said:

Not sure but Blair is a health risk with a thin build and big hitter. So even if he is great, and good backup FS / starting DB2 may end up useful in the long run.

Sub-par FS already cost us 7 points in week 1.

That's what I'm saying... isn't Fitzpatrick a NCB? I know the dolphins move him but apparently thats why he wants out

Latest posts