Miami Trade DB Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers

warden

Reaction score
Steelers acquired Fitzpatrick with their 2020 first round pick

CPHawk

Reaction score
Have to assume that the Steelers 1st will be a top 10 pick. Tough for Seattle to beat that.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Utterly strange pay by Pitt. Unless they somehow believe they are in contention this year I don't see the value in this, for them.

Would have been fantastic value for us in exchange for our first, imo, but if I am Miami I pretty confidently wager on Pitt's #1 being much much higher than ours. And if I am JS, I don't give away more than our #1 for him. Nothing equivalent to the value Pitt surrendered, for certain.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3ili3lj2 said:
Utterly strange pay by Pitt. Unless they somehow believe they are in contention this year I don't see the value in this, for them.

Would have been fantastic value for us in exchange for our first, imo, but if I am Miami I pretty confidently wager on Pitt's #1 being much much higher than ours. And if I am JS, I don't give away more than our #1 for him. Nothing equivalent to the value Pitt surrendered, for certain.
I would guess the stealers see the value as him being cheap for 3 more years and this is a move with next season and 2021 in mind moreso than this season.

rcaido

Reaction score
At least it wasn't to the Cowboys or Packers. He stays in the AFC. If we couldn't get him its best he goes to the Stealers. I wonder if he plays against the 49ers this week.

Still dumb of the Dolphins trading him. He still got a lot of years left, its not like he has any leverage.

massari

Reaction score
I'm confused why some of you want him for a 1st when they already used a 2nd on Blair? You want to trade a 1st for a nickel? And you'd be getting 1 less year of a rookie deal for a guy who apparently has looked bad everywhere he's played but nickel.

Hopefully they try finding a shutdown CB and finally use a high pick with that 1st to do it. Or pass rusher.

Fade

Reaction score
It's not really all that strange for Pittsburgh to acquire him.

They have had secondary problems for years, and they will control his rights for 3 seasons, plus a team option after that. He can help Pittsburgh for the next 4 years, he is no rental.

What is strange is they could surrender a top 10 pick. They are already 0-2 and playing with a backup, and he has to stay healthy, or they will be playing with literal garbage at QB, and before you know it you're surrendering a top 5 pick.

I am glad DAL or PHI didn't get him. He stayed out of the NFC.

getnasty

Reaction score
I am out for a first. What the hell is Pittsburg doing? You might get lucky and somehow go 10-4 and make the playoffs but more then likely your going 4-10 and that's a top 10 pick you just traded. I don't get it.

rcaido

Reaction score
Even though we didnt get him, he was big difference maker today to get the win. We didnt even have to trade anyone to go ahead of the Rams.

Ok Stealers you can start losing now.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
EmbattleTheeHawks":1bhkjwyx said:
Well worth the 1st given up by Pittsburgh, Fitzpatrick is playing really well for them :cry:
Who is number 28? That guy made some timely diving pass defenses vs the Rams, including the one that led to Minkah’s game sealing pick.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1m3igkn6 said:
EmbattleTheeHawks":1m3igkn6 said:
Well worth the 1st given up by Pittsburgh, Fitzpatrick is playing really well for them :cry:
Who is number 28? That guy made some timely diving pass defenses vs the Rams, including the one that led to Minkah’s game sealing pick.

Joe Haden, I believe.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
Fitzpatrick would have made our secondary great again....but I understand the price was too high.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":2fgvqhhk said:
Fitzpatrick would have made our secondary great again....but I understand the price was too high.

Since the trade he's had 5 INTs one for a TD, a forced fumble/recovery for a TD and 8 PDs!