Miami Trade DB Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers

TreeRon

Reaction score
I've seen reports that they'll want two picks, prob a 2nd and a 4th.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
jmahon316":2y6q56p8 said:
Bobblehead":2y6q56p8 said:
I"m guessing, even if we give up a first for him.. there will be a lot of happy posters on Seahawks.net..

Imo if we use him as our FS of the future then yes, I'd be ecstatic. If not, then no -- I wouldn't be comfortable giving a 1st round pick for a NCB
I"m pretty sure if Hawks get him, it's for this year, the next and into the future. We wouldn't be getting him to fill a role cheaply like we got Clowney.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1955i0ls said:
jmahon316":1955i0ls said:
Bobblehead":1955i0ls said:
I"m guessing, even if we give up a first for him.. there will be a lot of happy posters on Seahawks.net..

Imo if we use him as our FS of the future then yes, I'd be ecstatic. If not, then no -- I wouldn't be comfortable giving a 1st round pick for a NCB
I"m pretty sure if Hawks get him, it's for this year, the next and into the future. We wouldn't be getting him to fill a role cheaply like we got Clowney.

I meant to say if we exclusively used him as a FS instead of in the slot when we have more than enough depth at that position.

A-Dog

Reaction score

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Earl dropped down to 196 pounds to run a 4.37 at the Texas pro day (obviously unofficial). He never played that light and was always more quick than he was fast. I still remember Sherman running by Earl to get the tackle on a WR running down the field in 2015. Long strider over distance vs short strider in a short area. Two different things.

hawk45

Reaction score
Earl >>>> Tedric. That said, we just need an adequate FS to shore things up. Glad we didn't pay Earl, the injury history and age recommended against it. But we need something better than Tsquared and I'm guessing Pete sees it.

hawk45

Reaction score
vin.couve12":a0yuhv7w said:
FS tomorrow will be Lano Hill who ran an official 4.47 at 216 pounds. Officially...

Should be fine. As long as he doesn't make a catastrophic mis-timed jump on a deep ball.

I'd be petrified at the prospect of Ben ripping apart our secondary if I thought the Cincy game was representative of what we can expect this year.

Flowers had better pull his head out, and we'd better put a nickel corner out there instead of hoping Kendricks can cover wideouts.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawk45":rvajmyj7 said:
vin.couve12":rvajmyj7 said:
FS tomorrow will be Lano Hill who ran an official 4.47 at 216 pounds. Officially...

Should be fine. As long as he doesn't make a catastrophic mis-timed jump on a deep ball.

I'd be petrified at the prospect of Ben ripping apart our secondary if I thought the Cincy game was representative of what we can expect this year.

Flowers had better pull his head out, and we'd better put a nickel corner out there instead of hoping Kendricks can cover wideouts.
Sounds like you didn't listen to the Pete press conference.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TreeRon":2bpr6omr said:
I've seen reports that they'll want two picks, prob a 2nd and a 4th.

ESPN has been reporting that they want a 1st.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I’ve seen 12 different teams linked to this guy. Rather surprised somebody like the Chiefs or Cowboys didn’t seal the deal by now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1kmkv5nv said:
I’ve seen 12 different teams linked to this guy. Rather surprised somebody like the Chiefs or Cowboys didn’t seal the deal by now.
Cowboys want to low ball teams in trades, not get into a bidding war. They also don’t value the safety position as much as other teams, just ask their fanbase. The trade they made with the Raiders last year was the exception not the rule.

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1173746344143589376[/tweet]

A 1st? Nah thanks

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well that does it. we'll have to throw in another pick, else he goes to WSH or Pitt.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm surprised to see the Chiefs in the mix. Didn't they sign Mathieu to a big contract in the offseason? I think they are bluffing to raise the price. If the Cowboys have dropped out, then the only serious trade partner remaining is Seattle (just my opinion). That would be awesome if the Seahawks can get Fitzpatrick. He's versatile enough to play multiple positions in the secondary but a McDougald/Ftizpatrick duo at safety is top 5 material.