Mina Kimes on the NFC West

Own The West

Reaction score
Mina Kimes, national treasure, on the NFC West. She starts with the Seahawks (of course!)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. What a ridiculous statement. All from the couch, while she's on tv making a great living. Does it bother you that a woman is successful?

Spohawks

Reaction score
Exactly. What a ridiculous statement. All from the couch, while she's on tv making a great living. Does it bother you that a woman is successful?
Not at all. Can you tell me honesty that when hired, that she was the most qualified of any person? If the answer is no, than there was some fishy hiring going on.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Not at all. Can you tell me honesty that when hired, that she was the most qualified of any person? If the answer is no, than there was some fishy hiring going on.
Can you say she wasn't? You can say that about literally every skinny white girl on TV. Ever. Gtfoh.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yeh, it's kinda bullshit that they didn't even run it by you for your approval before hiring her azz. LOLOLOL
You can't make this sh*t up.

JPatera76

Reaction score
seems this thread is beginning to be more suited for the shack or something lol I think shes fine at her job, and ESPN saw potential in her back in 2014 and since then she's been just fine. And ive read a lot of her previous work too, She's more qualified than half the dipshits that report on teams and her journalism resume/career is far more impressive than most of what we see on TV.

and compared to the literal shit journalism everywhere, shes a breath of fresh air. Other than you don't like you what has she said or done, that has you dislike her?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure what we want.

She knows sports. She has some takes I agree with, some I don't but she makes good cases about why. She supports her stances.

She is a Wilson fan but so are plenty of Seahawk fans.
She clearly loves football. Is passionate about it. And is not afraid to go on a limb to make a call, she doesn't just make safe takes.
She can debate when needed, doesn't come off as an asshat, and generally doesn't veer off into political directions that have little to nothing to do with the subject.

And she is clearly a Seahawk fan and does not hide it.

Not sure what there is to be so upset about. I would take her over a lot of other options.

She seems solid to me.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
I really tried to listen but, for the first 3 minutes, I only heard her rehashing the very stale news of 'Baker to the Panthers', so I tuned out.

rjdriver

Reaction score

No. But I can honestly say that that you probably weren't either.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm in the "She's okay" camp. She has some good stuff, but the occasional face plant. Like begging on TV for Pete to draft Malik Willis in the 1st round! I've heard her make some very educated comments, so I was stunned that she would think Malik was worth a high 1st round pick.

And ESPN hires attractive women, as they should. It brings in viewers, which = $$$

Still, ESPN has gone way overboard on some stuff, getting away from sports, and trying to push political opinions. It's why people have left there in droves.

They went from being ESPN to being MTV.

Considering all of that, I still like Mina Kimes. She's cute, has does a pretty good job at reporting sports. BUT, most importantly! She's a Seahawks fan on TV! :)

Spohawks

Reaction score
If I were to correct myself I would just be a little more accurate and say she was an affirmative action hire that pushes the hiring of pretty women.

I hear some whining but no one has yet to say she was the most quailfied at the time of hiring so my statement is a fact and the simps should calm down.

I get that looks plays a role but they could have found a much more attractive candidate if that is what they were hiring for.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
I retried listening...not easy...Mina and Klassen have decided Geno starts.
Fant was the only TE I heard mentioned, but Dissly's still here, and I also heard Drew Lock say "Colby is a freakish athlete"(if his foot is OK now).
I'm in the "She's okay" camp. She has some good stuff, but the occasional face plant. Like begging on TV for Pete to draft Malik Willis in the 1st round! I've heard her make some very educated comments, so I was stunned that she would think Malik was worth a high 1st round pick.

And ESPN hires attractive women, as they should. It brings in viewers, which = $$$

Still, ESPN has gone way overboard on some stuff, getting away from sports, and trying to push political opinions. It's why people have left there in droves.

They went from being ESPN to being MTV.

Considering all of that, I still like Mina Kimes. She's cute, has does a pretty good job at reporting sports. BUT, most importantly! She's a Seahawks fan on TV! :)
I never saw Mina begging for Willis, but a Seahawk fan on reddit claimed that Willis is unlikely to play this year, and clearly behind Logan Woodside, who's apparently looking decent behind Tannehill,
Other Titan podcasters I've seen are hoping that Willis will be included in trick plays.

slateman77

Reaction score
If I were to correct myself I would just be a little more accurate and say she was an affirmative action hire that pushes the hiring of pretty women.

I hear some whining but no one has yet to say she was the most quailfied at the time of hiring so my statement is a fact and the simps should calm down.

I get that looks plays a role but they could have found a much more attractive candidate if that is what they were hiring for.
And yet no one said she was the least qualified either...See how that works...SMDH

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
The classic Lock hasn’t shown anything. Oh the guy that was in a system that changed coaches and coordinators every year. A team that hasn’t help develop a QB ever. Cutler is pretty much the only one with success in between Elway and a broken down Manning. The team that drafted the likes of Tebow and Paxton Lynch. Lock quite possibly could show he he is the current narrative but personally I think he has a lot more capability. Even if he’s just mediocre while extending drives instead of 3rd and 1 throwing 40 yard sideline routes will pay huge dividends.