Mina Kimes on the NFC West

BlueTalon

Reaction score
You: Hi Doctor, can I ask you a couple of questions before you start my heart surgery?
Doctor: Sure
You: Did your school rank in the top 100 for heart surgery education?
Doctor: HAHAHA no, but I am really cute.
You: Have you ever done heart surgeries before?
Doctor: Nope, zero experience...but I wrote a paper on it.
You: Well lets get down to business Doc, you are Dot Net certified!
Because obviously journalism and heart surgery share so many skillsets... :rolleyes:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think Mina is hot and doesn't really know football.
I believe she is just a mouth piece reading from a
script..It's my opinion and really it can't be proved
either way.
Who am I going to believe?Shannon Sharpe or Mina?
When it comes to football.
I really would rather look at Mina speaking for Sharpe.

chrispy

Reaction score
this is a shit thread, and at this point Isn't even "Seahawk" related, its been derailed, hijacked and turned into some bullshit dislike thread by spohawk, where he goes full John63 to dislike her and refused anyone's input and responds with bullshit "just waiting..." "still waiting..." Those who have posted here have given some reason or another why she's not bad, could be worse, and if qualified. It should be either moved to the shack, or other sub forums.

PS Corbin Smith, is a crybaby b**** and is worse than her. He literally whines and throws tantrums.
Agree

Tical21

Reaction score
ESPN is in the entertainment business. She's an outstanding entertainer in this era of media.

A hiring manager's job is to wade through qualified candidates and find the best fit. I've been the best qualified candidate for basically every job I've ever applied for, and only got a small fraction of them, because the hiring manager thought someone else was a better fit.

I don't think Mina knows very much about sports. But she's fun enough that it doesn't matter. She and Pablo Torre together are the best watch in sports media. And you don't understand life.

Ozzy

Reaction score
this is a shit thread, and at this point Isn't even "Seahawk" related, its been derailed, hijacked and turned into some bullshit dislike thread by spohawk, where he goes full John63 to dislike her and refused anyone's input and responds with bullshit "just waiting..." "still waiting..." Those who have posted here have given some reason or another why she's not bad, could be worse, and if qualified. It should be either moved to the shack, or other sub forums.

PS Corbin Smith, is a crybaby b**** and is worse than her. He literally whines and throws tantrums.
I want to like Corbin but man him getting upset anytime someone disagrees with his political posts is beyond enjoying. He’s get along great in the political forum though were it’s the same 6 guys for the past 4 years

fullquartpress

Reaction score
What'd you all think of the article though???

*ETA, Video..I'm am idiot.
Apparently, I was the only one who listened to ANY of it, and Mina is only 1/2 of the article. Derrik Klassen's opinions are 50%, or more, of the content.
They do agree that McBride on Arizona is a threat.
Also, remarkably, Mina seemed surprised that Trey Lance last year wasn't able to bulldoze through NFL defenses, as she'd seen him run vs UNA and Butler(for example).
Did anyone else listen to any of this?(even Own The West?)

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Twisted, I usually TRY to refrain from generalizations, but dude seems to be a general garden variety racist sucka from Spokane. I know a few of them, and boy I tell you there seems to be something in the water over there in that region of the northwest. Omak, Spokane, IDAHO has been the residence of some of the most simple minded racists that I have ever known or worked with. They need to do better.
It’s why I drink bottled water! 🤣🤣

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Still waiting for someone to put their credibility on the line and say she was the most quailfied candidate for the job.

All of this crying and for what? A statement of fact that you don't like.

They can hire whomever they like and thats fine. But when they hire a lesser qualified person, don't be shocked when the candidate/ownership gets called out a little.
FYI, the most qualified candidates don’t always get the job. I spent many years interviewing and hiring people. Sometimes the “most qualified “ just don’t have what it takes for the hiring organization. If you are talking about “most qualified “ in terms of simply filling a position based on education, experience etc, you might be leaving out personality, demeanor and in some cases looks. Not sure if you haven’t been paying attention but when was the last time you saw someone with questionable looks in a major on screen job? Sometimes when hiring it comes down to 2-3 people and then you have to just make a decision regardless of on paper qualifications. Some people interview well and some don’t. Hiring people is often a leap of faith.

OP
OP
Own The West

Own The West

Reaction score
Apparently, I was the only one who listened to ANY of it, and Mina is only 1/2 of the article. Derrik Klassen's opinions are 50%, or more, of the content.
They do agree that McBride on Arizona is a threat.
Also, remarkably, Mina seemed surprised that Trey Lance last year wasn't able to bulldoze through NFL defenses, as she'd seen him run vs UNA and Butler(for example).
Did anyone else listen to any of this?(even Own The West?)
I listened to it and found it entertaining and informative, that’s why I posted it. The fact that so many people took it as an opportunity to rail against women was also entertaining and informative, but for different reasons.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
I listened to it and found it entertaining and informative, that’s why I posted it. The fact that so many people took it as an opportunity to rail against women was also entertaining and informative, but for different reasons.
Thanks, and I found her advertiser(the 3rd of 3 sponsors, I think) selling foam footwear, but haven't bought any yet.
Derrik Klassen seemed equivocal. and admitted, "I don't know.", often.
Derrik's words at ~11 minutes, describing how he knows exactly where "top QBs'
are 'going with the ball' reminded me of the 3 play tragic ending for poor old Mahomes,, whose season ended with:
1. crowd gasping incompletion lobbed over Hendrikson, to Robinson
2. game ending INT, DROPPED by Eli Apple
3. succesful INT to(forgot which Bengal...2 or 3 of them had a chance)
Maybe the Bentals' defense had become prescient, as Derrik claims to be.
Do you agree that 'top QBs' should want defenders to "know exactly where they're going with the ball?"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Own The West

Own The West

Reaction score
Thanks, and I found her advertiser(the 3rd of 3 sponsors, I think) selling foam footwear, but haven't bought any yet.
Derrik Klassen seemed equivocal. and admitted, "I don't know.", often.
Derrik's words at ~11 minutes, describing how he knows exactly where "top QBs'
are 'going with the ball' reminded me of the 3 play tragic ending for poor old Mahomes,, whose season ended with:
1. crowd gasping incompletion lobbed over Hendrikson, to Robinson
2. game ending INT, DROPPED by Eli Apple
3. succesful INT to(forgot which Bengal...2 or 3 of them had a chance)
Maybe the Bentals' defense had become prescient, as Derrik claims to be.
Do you agree that 'top QBs' should want defenders to "know exactly where they're going with the ball?"
I took Derrik's point to be that when you review the tape, you see where the read should be and that the QB makes it and hits the open man. The defenders may disguise their coverages to force a bad read to bait the QB into a bad decision, but obviously that's the chess match that goes on every down.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
I took Derrik's point to be that when you review the tape, you see where the read should be and that the QB makes it and hits the open man. The defenders may disguise their coverages to force a bad read to bait the QB into a bad decision, but obviously that's the chess match that goes on every down.
For me, film examples by JT O'Sullivan, Brian Baldinger, Tim Jenkins, and...Shane Waldron are more educational.
Interestingly, Derrik said, "no defined process...I feel like I said the same thing about Kenny Pickett." Apparently, Mike Tomlin and (retired GM) Kevin Colbert were able to see a Pickett 'defined process' that wasn't as obvious to Derrik.
Pickett was Tim Jenkins' 2022 choice for 'processing' skills but was criticized for other flaws(e.g., too much zip on a short pass to a RB).
Until further evidence, I trust all of the film guys named above, over Derrik.