Mina Kimes on the NFC West

Spohawks

Reaction score
And yet no one said she was the least qualified either...See how that works...SMDH
Least quailfied? How is that even relevent? All that matters for my point was that their were more quailfied candidates for the position (canidates with decades of reporting that would love that job) and she got it due to shady hiring.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Funny how I don't hear complaints about Kyle Brandt, he's a loudmouth idiot. But wait, he's a man so he's probably way more qualified.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I get that looks plays a role but they could have found a much more attractive candidate if that is what they were hiring for.

I assume what they were going for was an extremely smart and bright journalist/writer that had a passion for sports, and was charismatic enough to be on TV.

You know, like most of ESPN's hosts and panelists.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
At ~8 minutes, Mina states her total dedication.
At 8:20, she admits('revelation') that she didn't watch much Geno Smith last year.
Then she claims she 'went back and watched some Drew Lock, because there's a QB competition?"
Neither Mina, nor Klassen, define any specific plays, in any specific games.
It would have helped if she(or he) had referred to any specific play(s).
She refers to an unspecified deep ball to Tim Patrick...not sure which game...and she squeaks "what he did to the Chiefs' defense...Holy C+++...the Chiefs' defense!"
Is she referring to Lock's 2 TD runs? I don't know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Own The West

Own The West

Reaction score
Least quailfied? How is that even relevent? All that matters for my point was that their were more quailfied candidates for the position (canidates with decades of reporting that would love that job) and she got it due to shady hiring.
She graduated Yale with honors, then worked for Forbes and Bloomberg as a journalist before joining ESPN. If your point is that there were more qualified candidates, then you're point is wrong.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is odd.
For years, people here complained that so many ESPN panelists were Steeler fans. We had all kinds of posts about East Coast bias and us being in 'Egypt'.

Now we get someone that is clearly a Seahawk fan but with a national audience...and we are trying to poke holes in her.

Not even sure why. You might not like her take here or there (or any of them?) but is that really a big priority considering all this team needs to address or all the ? s we still have to figure out about it?

The big concern isn't a completely new defense, or figure out what our offense will look like with an unknown QB, or at least 10+ other unknowns....but some ESPN talking head who is a Seahawk fan but may not care about our current QBs?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
If I were to correct myself I would just be a little more accurate and say she was an affirmative action hire that pushes the hiring of pretty women.

I hear some whining but no one has yet to say she was the most quailfied at the time of hiring so my statement is a fact and the simps should calm down.

I get that looks plays a role but they could have found a much more attractive candidate if that is what they were hiring for.

Tell me PRECISELY how anyone other than the hiring manager for Mina's position knows who was or wasn't the most qualified at the time of her interview? If your statement is such a fact, do us all a favor and post the qualifications and headshot of the person who was overlooked for the position that Mina got. Keep in mind that the lady didn't start out as an analyst. She obviously worked her way up to the position.

Until you complete those tasks, PLEASE shut your retarded ass up.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Twisted, I usually TRY to refrain from generalizations, but dude seems to be a general garden variety racist sucka from Spokane. I know a few of them, and boy I tell you there seems to be something in the water over there in that region of the northwest. Omak, Spokane, IDAHO has been the residence of some of the most simple minded racists that I have ever known or worked with. They need to do better.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Twisted, I usually TRY to refrain from generalizations, but dude seems to be a general garden variety racist sucka from Spokane. I know a few of them, and boy I tell you there seems to be something in the water over there in that region of the northwest. Omak, Spokane, IDAHO has been the residence of some of the most simple minded racists that I have ever known or worked with. They need to do better.
Way to generalize spokane.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I tried my hardest not to.
I mean that would be like saying Spokane is more accepting of gay people then Seattle. Yes, this is back in 2013 but Spokane has 92.3 FM which is for non straight people.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is sad when you see people targeting people for gender, race, decisions with lifestyle that hurt nobody else, political viewpoints, and even where they live ect.
I would hope nobody here does that.

I am of the opinion we should be able to hate all people equally.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
She graduated Yale with honors, then worked for Forbes and Bloomberg as a journalist before joining ESPN. If your point is that there were more qualified candidates, then you're point is wrong.
Mina's Bloomberg and Forbes work may have required a different type of 'film study'.
Meanwhile, please tell me what Mina was trying to say(at 10:17) about the KC defense.
Also, what was your honest opionion of Mina's podcast title: "Shall we Lance?"

WarHawks

Reaction score
This may be the worst thread I've ever read on here.

OP
OP
Own The West

Own The West

Reaction score
Mina's Bloomberg and Forbes work may have required a different type of 'film study'.
Meanwhile, please tell me what Mina was trying to say(at 10:17) about the KC defense.
Also, what was your honest opionion of Mina's podcast title: "Shall we Lance?"

Here's her wikipedia page so you can learn about what an accomplished journalist she is.

I also googled "kansas city broncos game" for you as well, so you can solve the 10:17 mystery.

As for "Shall we Lance?" I imagine it is a reference to SF QB Trey Lance who was also a subject of her NFCW podcast.

Happy to help!

Spohawks

Reaction score
Still waiting for someone to put their credibility on the line and say she was the most quailfied candidate for the job.

All of this crying and for what? A statement of fact that you don't like.

They can hire whomever they like and thats fine. But when they hire a lesser qualified person, don't be shocked when the candidate/ownership gets called out a little.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Also, attack the post not the poster! This is what seperates the fourms. Follow the rules or get to steppin son!