My Condolences to 9ers Fans, Trey Lance Won't Last

Fade

Reaction score
Just ignore how he played for a moment and think about the amount of avoidable hits he took in this game. Taking linebackers head on. There is no way he will hold up. He got beat to all hell out there today. On top of that he isn't an NFL QB yet, Kyle has to have a highschool level playbook due to his inexperience to get him on the field. They spent THREE 1st rd picks to select… THIS and run the triple option?! Good god.

Scattershot accuracy, poor mechanics, the vets are going to be chanting Jimmy before too long, if not already.

Deebo has a huge pooch gut as a side note, and it is effecting his burst and overall speed. What a damn mess.

9ers fans thought they were going to be one of the best teams in the NFL this year and they were going to make another deep playoff run. Not even close. Kyle Shanahan is lining himself up for another losing season unless they go to Jimmy stat. Jimmy can salvage their season and make them respectable, but management and Kyle will look like morons if they have a quick hook, so they have no choice but to keep rolling with the kid and go down with the ship. I'd hate to be a fan of that team.

He will get injured though, and Jimmy will be starting eventually, the question is when, not if.

toffee

Reaction score
But Tre Lance was ranked and graded way above Geno and Lock, not even close. One can at least understand why Geno and Lock were graded where they were, but Lance? How did the experts justify their grading logic?

toffee

Reaction score
Folks on webzone are celebrating Lance's big arm and long bomb. Blaming zebras for being unfair. All is wll there.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Did they trade Buckner for him? The Colts fleeced the 9ers.

Makes sense why they kept Jimmy G though.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Folks on webzone are celebrating Lance's big arm and long bomb. Blaming zebras for being unfair. All is wll there.
Good, let them keep believing Lance is the truth while the rest of us don't believe in Candy Mountain

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
But Tre Lance was ranked and graded way above Geno and Lock, not even close. One can at least understand why Geno and Lock were graded where they were, but Lance? How did the experts justify their grading logic?
Kyle Shanahan is really good at designing an offense, with Lance being the #3 overall pick. Benefit of the doubt is always given to high draft picks until they flop.

Geno & Lock were duds on their original teams and have done nothing in the NFL since to change that perception.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
They didn’t. It’s fodder for geeky 49er fans that think Trey Lance is better than Mahomes and Allen. Ask any 49er fan they’ll tell you Trey Lance is better than Mahomes. Hilarious how much they hyped Lance up

Marvin49

Reaction score
So alot more than one thing can be equally true...

1) Trey had a few flashes of both looking good and looking bad. That's pretty much what you'd expect and anyone paying attention would know i've been saying I expect him to struggle early. What odd tho is where he struggles is in short passing. He seems fine on mid and long range (tho he did miss a TD throw).

2) Despite that, he's not the reason they lost. You could make the accusation that he didn't elevate the team to overcome mistakes, but he's really not why they lost. They lost primarily because of ill-timed penalties that extended Chicago drives. This isn't blaming the refs BTW. Some of the calls were bogus but the most damaging ones were legit. Those penalties happened on third downs. One in particular would have ended the Chicago drive and extending the drive resulted in the 51 yard broken play for Chicago's first TD. They got REALLY sloppy and let Chicago back into the game.

3) Trey really made one BAD error. The INT. That throw put the Bears into scoring position and put them down by 2 scores.

4) The weirdest thing (and this is no excuse, they deserved to lose yesterday): Right when they NEEDED to throw the ball the most, the freakin' heavens opened up into torrential downpour. Right at the moment that Trey was asked to make a difference, mother nature stepped in and made it nearly impossible. This is not to excuse it. Rather, I don't think we learned anything from that point on. 2 clear drops, the ball clearly slipping from his hand...just insane weather that would have affected anyone. He was missing guys all game, but his comp% really went to hell at the end of the game.

Basically, for me, it wasn't that big a deal. He is inexperienced and he looked like it. SOOOO many errors made all over the field and he was no exception. Here's the thing tho. I don't take issue with him making mistakes. I expected them. I'll take issue if he REPEATS those mistakes. That's what Jimmy has done.

Honestly my biggest issue with him is that it feels at times like he's moving too slowly. It looks like it isn't natural too him yet.

Last edited:

Marvin49

Reaction score
They didn’t. It’s fodder for geeky 49er fans that think Trey Lance is better than Mahomes and Allen. Ask any 49er fan they’ll tell you Trey Lance is better than Mahomes. Hilarious how much they hyped Lance up
That's just completely false. He's not better than any of those guys. Signed - "Any" Niner fan.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Blame the OL: 12 pressures with ZERO BLITZING,
Blame the weather: torrential downpour,

Trey Lance is still the savior on Webzone.
Its funny to me...

SOOOO many Niner fans have been preaching patience and said that they expected him to struggle early. I myself have said exactly that on THIS forum. Then when it happens the sky is falling as if that wasn't the expectation from the start.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Just ignore how he played for a moment and think about the amount of avoidable hits he took in this game. Taking linebackers head on. There is no way he will hold up. He got beat to all hell out there today. On top of that he isn't an NFL QB yet, Kyle has to have a highschool level playbook due to his inexperience to get him on the field. They spent THREE 1st rd picks to select… THIS and run the triple option?! Good god.

Scattershot accuracy, poor mechanics, the vets are going to be chanting Jimmy before too long, if not already.

Deebo has a huge pooch gut as a side note, and it is effecting his burst and overall speed. What a damn mess.

9ers fans thought they were going to be one of the best teams in the NFL this year and they were going to make another deep playoff run. Not even close. Kyle Shanahan is lining himself up for another losing season unless they go to Jimmy stat. Jimmy can salvage their season and make them respectable, but management and Kyle will look like morons if they have a quick hook, so they have no choice but to keep rolling with the kid and go down with the ship. I'd hate to be a fan of that team.

He will get injured though, and Jimmy will be starting eventually, the question is when, not if.
LOL.

OK, so some things I agree with...

1) WAY, WAY to many avoidable hits.
2) Accuracy and mechanics comments are fair. Also expected.

What I disagree with...

1) Deebo looks the same as ever. LOL.
2) Shanahan is not running a high School level playbook for Lance. He's running the exact same offense he ran with Jimmy. Difference is he has another option to let the QB run.
3) As you are making fun of the offense, fact is they ran for 176 yards using it and three of their runners averaged over 6 yards per carry in the game. IT WORKS.

49ers fans knew they had one of the best rosters in the NFL, but ALSO knew Trey would have bumps in the road. He wasn't playing horribly till the weather shifted and they HAD to throw the ball. No doubt he was a bit scattershot early, the rain late was just ludicrous.

He's also not why they lost. The PENALTIES at worst possible times were why they lost. Trey made one critical error. The INT. That put the game out of reach.

On to Seattle. :)

toffee

Reaction score
Its funny to me...

SOOOO many Niner fans have been preaching patience and said that they expected him to struggle early. I myself have said exactly that on THIS forum. Then when it happens the sky is falling as if that wasn't the expectation from the start.
Patience is key when it comes to young QB, and the weather was bad, highlighted by both teams ran a lot. The OL might be questionable, but Lance didn't suffer too many sacks, not like Stafford.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
LOL.

OK, so some things I agree with...

1) WAY, WAY to many avoidable hits.
2) Accuracy and mechanics comments are fair. Also expected.

What I disagree with...

1) Deebo looks the same as ever. LOL.
2) Shanahan is not running a high School level playbook for Lance. He's running the exact same offense he ran with Jimmy. Difference is he has another option to let the QB run.
3) As you are making fun of the offense, fact is they ran for 176 yards using it and three of their runners averaged over 6 yards per carry in the game. IT WORKS.

49ers fans knew they had one of the best rosters in the NFL, but ALSO knew Trey would have bumps in the road. He wasn't playing horribly till the weather shifted and they HAD to throw the ball. No doubt he was a bit scattershot early, the rain late was just ludicrous.

He's also not why they lost. The PENALTIES at worst possible times were why they lost. Trey made one critical error. The INT. That put the game out of reach.

On to Seattle. :)

1) Deebo does have a pooch gut.

2/3) Not doubting Shanny's effectiveness designing an offense. But I am doubting Trey's ability to survive an NFL season running QB Power, and the Triple option.

Trey didn't do enough to win that's for sure.

Before the season I thought the 9ers would blow the Seahawks out in this game. Now after seeing Trey Lance show no progression from last season, I think they have a shot. Trey Lance gives me hope that he can screw it up at least.

Marvin49

Reaction score
1) Deebo does have a pooch gut.

2/3) Not doubting Shanny's effectiveness designing an offense. But I am doubting Trey's ability to survive an NFL season running QB Power, and the Triple option.

Trey didn't do enough to win that's for sure.

Before the season I thought the 9ers would blow the Seahawks out in this game. Now after seeing Trey Lance show no progression from last season, I think they have a shot. Trey Lance gives me hope that he can screw it up at least.

Didn't say he had no gut. I said he looks no different than before. He's always had one.

Again, Trey isn't the reason they lost. You can fault him for not elevating the team to overcome mistakes, but he's not the reason they lost.

As for this weekend...guess what? Rain.

Its a curse. LOL.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Didn't say he had no gut. I said he looks no different than before. He's always had one.

Again, Trey isn't the reason they lost. You can fault him for not elevating the team to overcome mistakes, but he's not the reason they lost.

As for this weekend...guess what? Rain.

Its a curse. LOL.
How did that beer taste watching the Hawks win on Monday night? Bitter? Thought so