My Condolences to 9ers Fans, Trey Lance Won't Last

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
How did that beer taste watching the Hawks win on Monday night? Bitter? Thought so
Pre Monday night, "oh no we got Geno", Tuesday morning "we winning the super bowl". Still have 16 games to go and I for one am not convinced Geno isn't going to Geno.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Pre Monday night, "oh no we got Geno", Tuesday morning "we winning the super bowl". Still have 16 games to go and I for one am not convinced Geno isn't going to Geno.
We’re not winning the Super Bowl this year but we can win some games and possibly make the playoffs. We don’t geek out that bad guy. Eat humble pie guy. You said we were losing to your Russ and we beat him butty

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
We’re not winning the Super Bowl this year but we can win some games and possibly make the playoffs. We don’t geek out that bad guy. Eat humble pie guy. You said we were losing to your Russ and we beat him butty
You should read comments without your blue and green glasses.

Hate RW, always have, always will. Always thought he was fake AF.

Without LOB, he was nadda!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Just ignore how he played for a moment and think about the amount of avoidable hits he took in this game. Taking linebackers head on. There is no way he will hold up. He got beat to all hell out there today. On top of that he isn't an NFL QB yet, Kyle has to have a highschool level playbook due to his inexperience to get him on the field. They spent THREE 1st rd picks to select… THIS and run the triple option?! Good god.

Scattershot accuracy, poor mechanics, the vets are going to be chanting Jimmy before too long, if not already.

Deebo has a huge pooch gut as a side note, and it is effecting his burst and overall speed. What a damn mess.

9ers fans thought they were going to be one of the best teams in the NFL this year and they were going to make another deep playoff run. Not even close. Kyle Shanahan is lining himself up for another losing season unless they go to Jimmy stat. Jimmy can salvage their season and make them respectable, but management and Kyle will look like morons if they have a quick hook, so they have no choice but to keep rolling with the kid and go down with the ship. I'd hate to be a fan of that team.

He will get injured though, and Jimmy will be starting eventually, the question is when, not if.
dayum...nostrodamus

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Came a little quicker than expected, but there it is...

GemCity

Reaction score
Deebo…is still Deebo…cmon now.

Edit…just noticed WHEN you posted this. Good stuff Fade.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Shades of the Alvin Mack injury that ended his career..Lance won't play again. Damn we had a shot at this game if he didn't get hurt.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Deebo…is still Deebo…cmon now.

Edit…just noticed WHEN you posted this. Good stuff Fade.
House call on that long run if he was in better shape. And thx for recognizing when I originally posted.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Damn, gloating about a guy getting injured. How very dot net of you. Grow up man. This kid is out for the season.

Marvin49

Reaction score
House call on that long run if he was in better shape. And thx for recognizing when I originally posted.
Deebo doesn't have that kind of speed. He's not Tyreek. he's a 4.45-4.5 guy being chased by DBs.

He's elusive and he breaks tackles. What he's NOT and never has been is a speed demon.

Deebo looks no different physically than any other season.

nanomoz

Reaction score
27-7 (and it wasn't that close). How'd that taste?
Like runny poo. Thanks. :)

But those of us who live in the real, honest-with-themselves world weren't surprised.

Do you think the Niners will be better with Jimmy G? It seems to be a point of contention among Niner fans. Or, it was. Now, with the injury, the issue can kind of be put to be for a while.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Like runny poo. Thanks. :)

But those of us who live in the real, honest-with-themselves world weren't surprised.

Do you think the Niners will be better with Jimmy G? It seems to be a point of contention among Niner fans. Or, it was. Now, with the injury, the issue can kind of be put to be for a while.
Just FYI...that answer was just for FrodosFinger. :). I'm usually not one to talk sh*t, but he had that one coming. :)

I think its a complicated question.

I think the 49ers are likely better RIGHT NOW with Jimmy, but I don't think that would have been the case for the entire season. Trey NEEDS REPS. That was a part of the 49ers calculus. They knew he would make mistakes early but the goal was to get him in there and get those much needed reps to improve and be better later THIS SEASON.

I was at the game yesterday and I can say 100% I saw some Jimmyisms already. Its frustrating. I've always liked Jimmy but he is certainly limited.

Players on the team tho LOVE the guy. So glad they kept him, but what happens next offseason will probably be much more dramatic than this offseason was.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
House call on that long run if he was in better shape.

Deebo doesn't have that kind of speed. He's not Tyreek. he's a 4.45-4.5 guy being chased by DBs.

He's elusive and he breaks tackles. What he's NOT and never has been is a speed demon.

Deebo looks no different physically than any other season.
He was huffin' & puffin'.

Anyways, how do you feel about Kyle running Trey between the tackles and ruining Lance's career?

Marvin49

Reaction score

Anyways, how do you feel about Kyle running Trey between the tackles and ruining Lance's career?

I'm not a fan of QBs running between the tackles. I think it was a freak thing the way he got hurt and he's right that a number of teams run their QBs like that (Buffalo, Baltimore, etc), but I'm not a fan of it.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
San Fea

Lance could never live up to the billing in a million years. Not for three first rounders. They drafted a project that has performed poorly. He’s a bust with a capital B.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of QBs running between the tackles. I think it was a freak thing the way he got hurt and he's right that a number of teams run their QBs like that (Buffalo, Baltimore, etc), but I'm not a fan of it.
There are a variety of ways a QB can run between the tackles. When Russell did it, he did it while still trying to protect himself. The key thing I've noticed with both RGKnee and Lance is that Shanahan runs them like they are nearly indestructible Autobots. Severe injury was inevitable for both of them. With Wilson it felt like more of a "try to get yards, but be careful, and just avoid taking a loss". Watching Lance and RGKnee run, it looked like they had orders to try and break off the big TD run no matter where they were on the field every single time, by comparison. Shanahan has got to be reined in regarding this nasty tendency of his.

Also, nice prediction, Fade. :)