My god what a terrible sport weekend!

Rainger

Reaction score
Hope I don't jinx the Hawks.
My Brisbane Lions lost in the Grand Final by 4 points in last 2 minutes.
Brisbane Broncos lost bt 2 points in last 2 minutes of game when leading by 16.
The East Tigers lost to the Sydney Rabbitohs in the States final.
The Queensland women's team lost to NSW in the women's rugby Championship.
AND finally the Mariner's were eliminated from the playoffs today.
What Fuc*ked weekend.
Go Hawks please dont let it be every one of my teams to lose.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Imagine if you will the Hawks losing the super bowl the mariner's losing the world series the Kraken missing the playoffs and your 2 top NCAA teams losing in their bowl games all on the same weekend!

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Rainger - I feel a bit of your pain! I barrack for Carlton in the AFL, but my first [local] sporting love: Sturt (Double Blues) lost the SANFL Grand Final to Glenelg, a week ago. Now I'm at least glad we had a great season, and went deep into Finals, but it's too early to expect you to recover quickly from such an indeed s**t of a sporting weekend for you.

Such a fantastic AFL Grand Final; sincerely neither team "deserved" to lose.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Imagine if you will the Hawks losing the super bowl the mariner's losing the world series the Kraken missing the playoffs and your 2 top NCAA teams losing in their bowl games all on the same weekend!
You know what's worse than losing 2 championships? Being amongst the worst team in 3 different leagues, then losing one team to relocation at the end of the season, and 2 college football teams whose only FBS win was when one team beat the other in triple overtime.

You may be hurting now, but it is nothing compared to Washington sports in 2008.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
You know what's worse than losing 2 championships? Being amongst the worst team in 3 different leagues, then losing one team to relocation at the end of the season, and 2 college football teams whose only FBS win was when one team beat the other in triple overtime.

You may be hurting now, but it is nothing compared to Washington sports in 2008.
I live through all that. I lived in Seattle from 1958 to 1971. I have been to 3 Rose Bowls of the Huskies. I follow Washington sports.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Hope I don't jinx the Hawks.
My Brisbane Lions lost in the Grand Final by 4 points in last 2 minutes.
Brisbane Broncos lost bt 2 points in last 2 minutes of game when leading by 16.
The East Tigers lost to the Sydney Rabbitohs in the States final.
The Queensland women's team lost to NSW in the women's rugby Championship.
AND finally the Mariner's were eliminated from the playoffs today.
What Fuc*ked weekend.
Go Hawks please dont let it be every one of my teams to lose.
sorry about your teams. both grand finals looked absolutely epic though. Nathan Cleary's performance will be remembered as legendary

Welshers2

Reaction score
also me3 won which makes it even worse. If Seattle loses tomorrow it will have been a horrific couple of days in sports

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
I went to a Final at Lords where my team was bowled out for a record low Final score of 57. Afterwards in a Bar near the stadium, a number of the players from the winning team walked in.