3. Philadelphia Eagles
4. Miami Dolphins
5 KC Chiefs
6. Buffalo Bills
7. Jacksonville Jaguars
8. Baltimore Ravens
9. Cincinnati Bengals
10. Seattle Seahawks

TBH I'm not sure we earned the 10 spot, maybe a bit of wishful thinking...

Last edited:

ivotuk

Reaction score
I like it. There are some on here that won't, but their world is either slowly dying, or about to careen in to a Black Hole, depending on what day of the week it is.

RiverDog

Reaction score
1. Detroit Lions
2. SF 49ers
3. Philadelphia Eagles
4. Miami Dolphins
5 KC Chiefs
6. Buffalo Bills
7. Jacksonville Jaguars
8. Baltimore Ravens
9. Cincinnati Bengals
10. Seattle Seahawks

TBH I'm not sure we earned the 10 spot, maybe a bit of wishful thinking...
I'm still putting the Niners on top. Despite playing poorly, Purdy still led the team on what should have been a game winning drive but that their FG kicker choked. It was one game, and they've all had their boners.

And as discussed in another thread, we gotta give some love to the Browns. Oh, wait! Is that the Cleveland Browns I just mentioned? Never mind.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Niners on top.

We aren't in the top 10. Neither are the Bengals.

Lions are somewhere between the Chiefs and Bills. Not on tier w Fins, Eagles, or Niners yet.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
After watching the Jags-Saints game last night, I don't think that the Jags belong in the top 10, either.
Pretty much every team has significant issues to the point were it is difficult to find 10 teams for the top 11 but here is my list (based on performance to date this season so not looking at things like potential impact of injuries in future games): I would only rate the top 5 as "Top 10 teams") With 6 teams in the next tier.
1. 49ers Comfortable won every first 5 games including a demolition of the highly rated Cowboys,
2. Chiefs Not been particularly dominate against a bunch of weak teams since losing to the Lions but have been grinding out the Ws
3. Lions Win in Kansas must count quite a bit, after they lost to us been winning comfortably though not playing any contenders
4. Dolphins Been blowing away weak teams but got thrashed by the Bills
5. Eagles Unconvincing as they got to 5-0 I wasn't that surprised they lost to the Jets
6. Bills
7. Browns (Probably the best D in the league)
8. Jags
9. Cowboys
10. Ravens
11. Seahawks

RiverDog

Reaction score
Pretty much every team has significant issues to the point were it is difficult to find 10 teams for the top 11 but here is my list (based on performance to date this season so not looking at things like potential impact of injuries in future games): I would only rate the top 5 as "Top 10 teams") With 6 teams in the next tier.
1. 49ers Comfortable won every first 5 games including a demolition of the highly rated Cowboys,
2. Chiefs Not been particularly dominate against a bunch of weak teams since losing to the Lions but have been grinding out the Ws
3. Lions Win in Kansas must count quite a bit, after they lost to us been winning comfortably though not playing any contenders
4. Dolphins Been blowing away weak teams but got thrashed by the Bills
5. Eagles Unconvincing as they got to 5-0 I wasn't that surprised they lost to the Jets
6. Bills
7. Browns (Probably the best D in the league)
8. Jags
9. Cowboys
10. Ravens
11. Seahawks
There's a general consensus with the top 5-6 teams, and I suspect with the bottom 6-8 teams. It's that 2nd tier where differences arise. Personally, I think that the Rams deserve to be in that 2nd tier. They lost to 2 very good teams, ie the Niners and Eagles, like us lost a cliffhanger to the Bengals, and they drubbed us at home and without Cooper Kupp.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Fair enough.

1 - Santa Clara. It will be interesting to see if Shanahan misses a beat with
Darnold. They are firing on all cylinders, problem is, most of their competition has yet to hit their stride. They could look a lot less dominant down the stretch when injuries and fatigue take their toll, and other teams start playing to their own potential.

2 - KC. A bit of a lackluster start for them, but they are doing just enough to hold onto the spot. They really haven’t started playing their best football yet. When they do…
i
3 - Detroit. Like the Niners, they are playing at thei top of their potential. Perhaps peaking too early. Down the stretch, it won’t look so easy for them.

4 - Miami. Probably the best pure running game in the league right now. Feels like they are playing above their potential, and will come back to earth by season’s end.

5 - Philly. Like KC, they aren’t playing up to their potential. Down the stretch, I bet both teams will look a lot more dominant.

6 - Buffalo. A conundrum. Stats say their record should be better. The eye test says it’s about right. For now, they can hold the 6, but I think they fade down the stretch.

7 - Baltimore. Still need a good running back to move up in the rankings. If they can get it together, they will make a deep run.

8 - Cleveland. Best defense in the NFL, and defenses tend to sustain throughout the season. Let’s be honest, though. How long can the Browns offense do just enough?

9 - Cincinnati. Terrible start to the season. They are putting the pieces together now. I see them moving up the charts as they blossom.

10 - Jacksonville. Quietly looking good. Finished the Saints when they needed to. Kind of like the Niners Browns game Could have gone either way, but Jags did just enough.

11 - Tampa. Not much to say. Their losses are to Philly and Detroit, which seems about right.

12 - Seattle. Just a QB away from being in the top 5. Geno is just a clutch player, if by clutch you mean he slips and disengages when under stress.

13 - NYJ. Such a shame they lost Rodgers. Probably be in the top 5 with him.

14 - Dullass. Probably not even this good, but their record gets them the nod. The offense is the most over rated thing in the NFL, second only to their entire team.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Fair enough.

1 - Santa Clara. It will be interesting to see if Shanahan misses a beat with
Darnold. They are firing on all cylinders, problem is, most of their competition has yet to hit their stride. They could look a lot less dominant down the stretch when injuries and fatigue take their toll, and other teams start playing to their own potential.

2 - KC. A bit of a lackluster start for them, but they are doing just enough to hold onto the spot. They really haven’t started playing their best football yet. When they do…
i
3 - Detroit. Like the Niners, they are playing at thei top of their potential. Perhaps peaking too early. Down the stretch, it won’t look so easy for them.

4 - Miami. Probably the best pure running game in the league right now. Feels like they are playing above their potential, and will come back to earth by season’s end.

5 - Philly. Like KC, they aren’t playing up to their potential. Down the stretch, I bet both teams will look a lot more dominant.

6 - Buffalo. A conundrum. Stats say their record should be better. The eye test says it’s about right. For now, they can hold the 6, but I think they fade down the stretch.

7 - Baltimore. Still need a good running back to move up in the rankings. If they can get it together, they will make a deep run.

8 - Cleveland. Best defense in the NFL, and defenses tend to sustain throughout the season. Let’s be honest, though. How long can the Browns offense do just enough?

9 - Cincinnati. Terrible start to the season. They are putting the pieces together now. I see them moving up the charts as they blossom.

10 - Jacksonville. Quietly looking good. Finished the Saints when they needed to. Kind of like the Niners Browns game Could have gone either way, but Jags did just enough.

11 - Tampa. Not much to say. Their losses are to Philly and Detroit, which seems about right.

12 - Seattle. Just a QB away from being in the top 5. Geno is just a clutch player, if by clutch you mean he slips and disengages when under stress.

13 - NYJ. Such a shame they lost Rodgers. Probably be in the top 5 with him.

14 - Dullass. Probably not even this good, but their record gets them the nod. The offense is the most over rated thing in the NFL, second only to their entire team.
Detroit is getting curb stomped by the Ravens. I didn't think they were the 3rd best team in the NFL prior to today and definitely believe they aren't by today's showing so far. They are vastly overrated by the media. I think there are Super Bowl contending teams (Tier 1)- SF, Philly, and KC then the Tier 2 - Bills, Dolphins, Ravens, Cincy, Seattle, Lions, Cowboys, Browns, and Jets.

James in PA

Reaction score
Bills are not tier 1. Too inconsistent. I'm done getting tricked by the Bills. The horrible Patriots are beating them in the 4th.

Weadoption

Reaction score
If my life was on the line somehow with having to win a single football game, Im going with Josh Allen at qb.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Lions hit their kryptonite, and Ravens made it look easy. Already we see a reversion to the mean for both teams. Ravens had just enough in their running tank to keep the defense honest, so they could be picked apart through the air. Baltimore won't have the same success against a team with a secondary that can force them to work the ground.

I feel like I have the NYJ ranked too low, but I just can't bring myself to put them in the top 10, where their performance to date says they belong. Just imagine if Rodgers was healthy.

1 - SF
2 - KC
3 - Phil
4 - Mia
5 - Bal
6 - Detroit
7 - Cleveland
8 - Cincinnati
9 - Buffalo
10 - Jacksonville
11 - Seattle
12 - NYJ
13 - Tampa
14 - Dallas

RiverDog

Reaction score
Following last night's game, I'm dropping the Niners down a number of pegs. It's the 2nd straight game they've lost to an inferior opponent, and the second straight poor performance turned in by Brock Purdy. Here's my top 10:

1. Eagles
2. Chiefs
3. Ravens
4. Niners
5. Fins
6. Browns
7. Cowboys
8. Seahawks
9. Jags
10. Lions

James in PA

Reaction score
People are overthinking that #1 spot or just having KC fatigue. KC is clearly the best team. Best coach, best QB, great RB, good young defense.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Performance to date had me unwilling to give the top spot to KC. They have been lethargic all season, a bit like Niners were last week, and again last night.

After last night’s game, I would give them the top spot.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
1. Chiefs
2. Eagles
3. Ravens
4. 49ers
5. Dolphins
6. Seahawks
7. Lions
8. Cowboys
9. Browns
10. Jaguars

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
1. Chiefs
2. Eagles
3. Ravens
4. 49ers
5. Dolphins
6. Seahawks
7. Lions
8. Cowboys
9. Browns
10. Jaguars

Similar - swap the 9ers with the Ravens (until I see two consecutive games from the proclaimed and overhyped second coming of Michael Vick, I can't put the Ravens higher); Seahawks and Lions at 11, 12 (Lions 11, Hawks 12)

actually after the top 5 you can just put the teams into a bag and mix, randomly pick, and that should work for that week - I mean, really, you could do this with all of these teams - the only reason I say Chiefs at one is they are consistent and haven't really played anyone (besides Detroit) noteworthy - and they've had plenty of calls go there way for obvious reasons -

I can get with the top 5 being where they are and shuffled week to week for the time being (with the NFL darling KC at 1, although I don't think they are the best team, or maybe the NFL is setting them up so the Eagles can take em down this time around, for good sport and conspiracy theories); then 5-12 you can do the same. I think this season is going to come down to which teams can pull out more ugly wins - and one thing I do know is that the Hawks LOVE ugly wins.