Nail in the Coffin

LTH

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1ckss2wo said:
If you're suggesting the questions about Russell's future in Seattle are put to rest, I'm afraid you're mistaken.

When a player says its not about the money, Its about the money... Mike Holmgren said that about two weeks before he left Seattle to go to Cleveland.... when it was about the money... LOL OMG... the IRONY its killing me!! LMAO!!!!

LTH

John63

Reaction score
LTH":2n2vvave said:
Hawkstorian":2n2vvave said:
If you're suggesting the questions about Russell's future in Seattle are put to rest, I'm afraid you're mistaken.

When a player says its not about the money, Its about the money... Mike Holmgren said that about two weeks before he left Seattle to go to Cleveland.... when it was about the money... LOL OMG... the IRONY its killing me!! LMAO!!!!

LTH

Ahh holmgren was a coach not a good example when we are talking about a player. When someone tries to act like they know what someone else I thinking they are rally just trying to push a narrative.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":1331nmej said:
Hawkstorian":1331nmej said:

LTH

Holmgren was doing radio before he went to Cleveland. What are you going on about?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This right here ^^^

He went to Cleveland way after coaching in Seattle. His final season here was 2008, his final game as a coach was in December of 2008. He went to the front office in Cleveland in December of 2009. He didn't leave Seattle to go to Cleveland.
He was told he was being replaced and coached in 2008. He did some radio for a season THEN went to Cleveland almost a full year after coaching his last game in Seattle :?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Russell went to the Superbowl
Russell got jealous watching Tom Brady win another ring with the team of his choosing
Russell got jealous of watching Tom Brady have more input and control of the Bucs offense
Russell thinks of himself as great and on the same level as Tom Brady
Russell then decided that he was unhappy with the lack of respect he's given by Pete and John in regards to the Hawks offense and how it's constructed and ran.
Russell told his agent to go public with said unhappiness and to float the trade scenario to the four teams of his choosing
Russell saw the bad backlash and tried to walk back the trade talk (that HE initiated)
Russell came to town last week and did a terrible job of double speaking and circular logicing what went down

The End

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":27u2719m said:
LTH":27u2719m said:
Hawkstorian":27u2719m said:

LTH

Holmgren was doing radio before he went to Cleveland. What are you going on about?

The point IS it's about the money, period... If the Seahawks pay Wilson he will stay . If they dont, someone else will and he will be gone...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I have no doubts there was some friction. Big deal, this is nothing new with QB's and their teams.
It was handled badly on both sides, move on.......

Doesn't matter what he does or says, many have made up their minds about the guy. Congrats.......
What an absolute waste of energy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1eh3s762 said:
Doesn't matter what he does or says, many have made up their minds about the guy. Congrats.......
What an absolute waste of energy.

As long as Russell keeps playing at an elite level? He can say whatever he wants.

But he IS a terrible podium speaker and explainer. Lots of double talk, platitudes and cliches once he gets going. But again, I don't really care other than it being mildly annoying listening to his try to explain his way out of something HE initiated.

Three years left on his deal, say whatever you want Russell, you're stuck in Seattle for at least that long, even longer if you play well enough to warrant being franchised.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, on to September and the 2021 season. This constant obsession w/Russ bashing and/or evaluating every last thing he says is so tired.....

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1wwy6omn said:
Meh, on to September and the 2021 season. This constant obsession w/Russ bashing and/or evaluating every last thing he says is so tired.....

I'm all for moving forward as well.

I'm still upset about the way he handled the off-season but who cares.
What matters is that his teammates and coaches move on. I'd hate to see Duane Brown intentionally whif on a block to send a message to Wilson

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
rjdriver":1edm2dch said:
If your ever want to get really wasted, play this game......

Watch Russell interviews and drink whenever he says "obviously".

You won't last 30 minutes.

That same outcome applies to drinking whenever John Clayton says "put it this way" in an interview.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jerhawk":5vht3ce6 said:
. I'd hate to see Duane Brown intentionally whif on a block to send a message to Wilson

This was probably the most wince inducing thing Russell talked about in his presser, when he basically said "yeah I called out my linemen, but I also said I need to play better...........we need to play better."

He's Russell Wilson, he can say just about anything he wants, he's the franchise. But it was a dumb thing to say publicly, and not sure he can walk that one back with his lineman. My guess is the original statement didn't go over well with them, and his walk back probably induced some eye rolls with them as well.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The guy is here for at least this next season.

He has to be both the face of the franchise and the team leader.

Nobody should be shocked that he would try to tamp down the flames from a likely legit concern/issue earlier. Regardless of the issue, he still has to perform, lead, and represent this team.

That is hard to do with the perception you have one foot out the door. So yes, you address it.

Nothing should be that surprising about it.

We will go through this season, and if we miss the playoffs or get bounced before the conference game - you will likely hear about him agitating to go somewhere else. If we make it, then maybe he ends up OK with staying.

But nobody could reasonably expect him to go out and play this season without appearing to put the concerns a few months ago to bed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He wasn't wrong. The O Line was brutal in pass blocking, quite often. And he DID say he needs play better and/or get rid of the ball quicker.
Sure it could have been done behind closed doors. But for someone who really hasn't put his foot in his mouth for his entire career, it's kind of ridiculous how much people are taking this personal.

IF this was the norm, like it is with Lord Rodgers, I could see it. People just can't let it go, and never will. Have at it.
It was a dumb comment, big deal. Again, BOTH sides didn't handle it well.
But, who is under center in 2021? Russel Wilson, even though he supposedly wanted out, hates Seattle blah blah blah.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Simple explanation for this no team was willing to trade a kings ransom for Wilson like Wilson hoped for so Wilson back peddled and got humbled by it.

It doesn’t mean Wilson wouldn’t have wanted to be traded.

Wilson will go wherever he believes is his best suitor.

No one wanted Wilson, Wilson became humbled.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And you have proof of this?
NONE of us know what was truly offered and/or what went on behind closed doors. But fans sure think they know.
Oh well, doesn't matter one bit. He's under center in 2021, and I hope it bothers of a lot of people. Especially those who told anyone who would listen that he was gone.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":k8ig99i0 said:
Russell went to the Superbowl
Russell got jealous watching Tom Brady win another ring with the team of his choosing
Russell got jealous of watching Tom Brady have more input and control of the Bucs offense
Russell thinks of himself as great and on the same level as Tom Brady
Russell then decided that he was unhappy with the lack of respect he's given by Pete and John in regards to the Hawks offense and how it's constructed and ran.
Russell told his agent to go public with said unhappiness and to float the trade scenario to the four teams of his choosing
Russell saw the bad backlash and tried to walk back the trade talk (that HE initiated)
Russell came to town last week and did a terrible job of double speaking and circular logicing what went down

The End
This!!!The whole story is right here. :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":11bkf6kw said:
He wasn't wrong. The O Line was brutal in pass blocking, quite often. And he DID say he needs play better and/or get rid of the ball quicker.
Sure it could have been done behind closed doors. But for someone who really hasn't put his foot in his mouth for his entire career, it's kind of ridiculous how much people are taking this personal.

IF this was the norm, like it is with Lord Rodgers, I could see it. People just can't let it go, and never will. Have at it.
It was a dumb comment, big deal. Again, BOTH sides didn't handle it well.
But, who is under center in 2021? Russel Wilson, even though he supposedly wanted out, hates Seattle blah blah blah.

How did the Seahawks not handle it well? They didn't say anything, which was the right way to handle it.

Pete and John knew Russell had, and still has no leverage to demand anything with three years left on his deal. He's the one that came off looking dumb with going public, not them.

Same with Rodgers, he also has no leverage to demand a trade. You really think he's going to give up 35M by sitting out the season? Nope, you watch.......he's going to magically make nice as soon as August comes around and he sees that the Packers aren't going to trade him.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm going to audibly chortle if we end up right back where we were next year and the trade talk resumes.

Buuuut even if we do, I'm sure the denial bots will still have some fascinating filtration system in place that leaves the rest of us (once again) in wonderment at the power of confirmation bias.