Nail in the Coffin

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Probably will. But in the meantime, I'm ready for the 2021 season. We have NO control over any of this crap.
It's all good, we all look at it how we want to. Same crap every day on here, especially when it comes to that guy. So many stars get a pass w/much of this fanbase. And with stuff WAY worse than a comment in an interview.
I wasn't a fan of the comments, but are people really this sensitive?

Isn't it time to get over it at some point?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":21pjthsd said:
The guy is here for at least this next season.

He has to be both the face of the franchise and the team leader.

Nobody should be shocked that he would try to tamp down the flames from a likely legit concern/issue earlier. Regardless of the issue, he still has to perform, lead, and represent this team.

That is hard to do with the perception you have one foot out the door. So yes, you address it.

Nothing should be that surprising about it.

We will go through this season, and if we miss the playoffs or get bounced before the conference game - you will likely hear about him agitating to go somewhere else. If we make it, then maybe he ends up OK with staying.

But nobody could reasonably expect him to go out and play this season without appearing to put the concerns a few months ago to bed.

Luckily for him, his play will ultimately decide how far we are able to go.

So he's in control....if staying here and winning here is really what he wants long term

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You could say that about any franchise QB. The team success is based on the QB's play.
If he wants to win here? Very few guys in the history of the league are more obsessed with winning than that guy.
And he absolutely does have to play better down the stretch.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ljf0j7h3 said:
I have no doubts there was some friction. Big deal, this is nothing new with QB's and their teams.
It was handled badly on both sides, move on.......

Doesn't matter what he does or says, many have made up their minds about the guy. Congrats.......
What an absolute waste of energy.
Ya know what I find amazing?

90% or so of this board had issues and complaints, now that this board is speculating that Russ had some complaints 90% or so of this board are faulting Russ for complaining.

This is a general statement not directed @ you.

Elite, great, good, average, or below average, the QB of any NFL is going to be limited by, or only as good as his supporting cast members.

Russ over the years has taken plenty of blame that wasn’t technically his.
He’s not perfect, he has his faults.

I’m just going to take his statements at face value.

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3akw52li said:
This right here ^^^

He went to Cleveland way after coaching in Seattle. His final season here was 2008, his final game as a coach was in December of 2008. He went to the front office in Cleveland in December of 2009. He didn't leave Seattle to go to Cleveland.
He was told he was being replaced and coached in 2008. He did some radio for a season THEN went to Cleveland almost a full year after coaching his last game in Seattle :?

The Seahawks offered Holmgren a contract before they hired Carroll... Holmgren turned it down to go to Cleveland for more money.. Now the part that I don't remember is if this was public knowledge.. Im pretty sure it was...

LTH

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
LTH":a20eyfbe said:
The Seahawks offered Holmgren a contract before they hired Carroll... Holmgren turned it down to go to Cleveland for more money.. Now the part that I don't remember is if this was public knowledge.. Im pretty sure it was...
LTH

You'll need to provide some support for this bit of "history" otherwise, I call total B.S.

LTH

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2adag8ny said:
LTH":2adag8ny said:
LTH

You'll need to provide some support for this bit of "history" otherwise, I call total B.S.

ok... believe what u want i could care less...

edit: ok ill bite send Sando an email he knows...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
the reason Holmgren turned it down was because he could not have total control but the money Cleveland offered was better anyway...

LTH

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
LTH":3u6xj0z0 said:
ill bite send Sando an email he knows...

LTH

So your source is you want me to e-mail Mike Sando? Because he's been sitting on this story for 11 years?? Obvoiusly you believe this for a reason, just share what that reason is without asking anyone else to look it up for you.

BASF

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2q1ucfn1 said:
BOTH sides didn't handle it well.

How exactly could the other side handled it better? Anything other than taking the high road, which is what the front office did, would have done nothing to abate the rampant speculation. If they had said anything, it would have been spun as damage control.

LTH

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1hvxom5m said:
LTH":1hvxom5m said:
ill bite send Sando an email he knows...

LTH

So your source is you want me to e-mail Mike Sando? Because he's been sitting on this story for 11 years?? Obvoiusly you believe this for a reason, just share what that reason is without asking anyone else to look it up for you.
your absolutely right... i should site a source,,, i cant do that so i guess you caught me! Darn, cant get away with anything... good job mod!

Edit:

actually....

https://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/post/ ... -cleveland

"The fact that he would rather start over in Cleveland than return to Seattle on the team's terms says plenty about the relationship between Holmgren and the Seahawks." Mike Sando

LTH

Throwdown

Reaction score
Pretty sure we’ll be back with the stupidity next year.

This has been Russ’ thing the last two off seasons, and I’m sick of him.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Throwdown":dykbpvkl said:
Pretty sure we’ll be back with the stupidity next year.

This has been Russ’ thing the last two off seasons, and I’m sick of him.

I actually commend Russ for opening his mouth. Changes obviously needed made and they seem to be slowly happening finally.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, took 9 years. Wish he would have spoken up much sooner. He gets blasted for being too robotic and boring. Then he speaks up, finally, and he gets blasted for actually bringing up the truth. Again, he can't win with much of this fanbase. :yawn:
The double standards are laughable. Quarterbacks have voiced their concerns for decades. Why is is not ok for a guy who has been nothing but class and a winner? Again, he can play a lot better down the stretch. He can get rid of the ball quicker. He has said as much himself. The guy is a future HOF, been to back to Super Bowl's, won a title, all kind of records for most wins first 9 seasons etc. Yet, people hate the guy and want him gone. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Oh well, fan how you want. It's like clapping w/one hand trying to talk about this stuff w/people who refuse to budge, even a little bit. I think I've pretty much said all I can on this subject. :irishdrinkers:

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":168kd6kr said:
Exactly, took 9 years. Wish he would have spoken up much sooner. He gets blasted for being too robotic and boring. Then he speaks up, finally, and he gets blasted for actually bringing up the truth. Again, he can't win with much of this fanbase. :yawn:
The double standards are laughable. Quarterbacks have voiced their concerns for decades. Why is is not ok for a guy who has been nothing but class and a winner? Again, he can play a lot better down the stretch. He can get rid of the ball quicker. He has said as much himself. The guy is a future HOF, been to back to Super Bowl's, won a title, all kind of records for most wins first 9 seasons etc. Yet, people hate the guy and want him gone. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Oh well, fan how you want. It's like clapping w/one hand trying to talk about this stuff w/people who refuse to budge, even a little bit. I think I've pretty much said all I can on this subject. :irishdrinkers:

Just add him to the list...last year it was Carroll and Norton... :D we should have a pool to see who its going to be this year... How about SW... seems like a good target LMAO!!!

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pmedic920":2vi9edel said:
SoulfishHawk":2vi9edel said:
I have no doubts there was some friction. Big deal, this is nothing new with QB's and their teams.
It was handled badly on both sides, move on.......

Doesn't matter what he does or says, many have made up their minds about the guy. Congrats.......
What an absolute waste of energy.
Ya know what I find amazing?

90% or so of this board had issues and complaints, now that this board is speculating that Russ had some complaints 90% or so of this board are faulting Russ for complaining.

This is a general statement not directed @ you.

Elite, great, good, average, or below average, the QB of any NFL is going to be limited by, or only as good as his supporting cast members.

Russ over the years has taken plenty of blame that wasn’t technically his.
He’s not perfect, he has his faults.

I’m just going to take his statements at face value.

Soulfish always takes any and all criticism towards the players or coaches as a personal attack.

No one's allowed to complain or criticize the Hawks, it's always Sunny in Hawkland for Soulfish.

I love Russell, I'm glad he's our QB. Dude's a top 5 QB, but he's also a corny bonehead that has an over inflated opinion of his football acumen and damage control skills. If we left the off season up to Russell, we'd trade away and spend all of our resources on idiots like Antonio Brown and other scrap heap has beens that Russell's buddies with.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wrong. Nothing wrong with criticism. Nice try though. I criticize the team plenty. Especially the swiss cheese O Line.
Pete Carroll and his stubborn coaching and/or horrific time management. The Defense the first half of the season. The predictable play calling on offense, along with the blatant refusal to adjust to the opponent.
All of it. Personal attack? Funny. But yeah, feel free to call me out........couldn't care less.
As far as Antonio Brown goes, Tom Brady had the dude LIVING AT HIS HOUSE. :roll:

Would love to just come on here and talk football. Clearly too much to ask.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The job of a HC is to put his players and team in the best position to win.

Carroll does not do that. He puts them in the best position to get a good regular-season record but at the cost of being ready for the playoffs. And then his decisions in the playoffs actually hamstring the effectiveness of our team.

So as long as his HC is failing his QB, expect the QB to be frustrated by it, start calling it out, and looking for a change of scenery if there is no change in how his HC delivers.

There is nothing wrong with a QB calling out a HC that is underproducing and hurting his team with poor decisions. The alternative is continuing to endure those decisions while spending valuable years in a finite football career being hamstrung by your own FO.

But if he is already on the boat and in the water, with the season starting, he has to move forward and win with what he has. That is what Wilson is doing. Putting the offseason distractions behind him and moving forward.

It isn't even close to the nail in the coffin though.

hoxrox

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3vs87j20 said:
So as long as his HC is failing his QB, expect the QB to be frustrated by it, start calling it out, and looking for a change of scenery if there is no change in how his HC delivers.

There is nothing wrong with a QB calling out a HC that is underproducing and hurting his team with poor decisions. The alternative is continuing to endure those decisions while spending valuable years in a finite football career being hamstrung by your own FO.

Ehh, however you want to spin it, Russ never called out the HC. Fans do that all the time, but let's not get it twisted.

Fact of the matter is that in his most recent presser, Russ reiterated that he also needs to play better. So now that the FO upgraded the line some, got him some weapons, got him a new OC, who is implementing a brand new offense, the ONUS now is really on Russ to produce, and to perform up to his contract, and also up to his own standard he has set for himself.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":k0hilm3n said:
There is nothing wrong with a QB calling out a HC that is underproducing and hurting his team with poor decisions. The alternative is continuing to endure those decisions while spending valuable years in a finite football career being hamstrung by your own FO..

What about calling out his own teammates publicly?

Russell has every right to be angry and frustrated at whoever he wants to be angry and frustrated with, but he shouldn't have taken it public. Throwing his O-line and WR's under the bus by saying the organization hasn't put enough pieces around him?

That's crap. Keep it in house, that's the golden rule with sports.

But that's not the modern prima donna athlete anymore, they can't help themselves. It's all about them. Who cares if my statements undermine my own teammates and coaches trust in me, as long as I get what want right?