NFC WEST...2019

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't think you can count on the Cards to do much this year. Their defense has slipped badly, they have a first year coach and you can't expect first year QB's to carry a bottom dwelling team to the playoffs. That said, if they do get to the playoffs, they're one and done as almost every team that has had a rookie QB has done in the last 25 years.

Niners have the most potential for upward mobility. With their DL additions and Garappalo coming back, they will be a tough out. That said, Jimmy G. is still unproven really. There are also secondary concerns and they still seem weak on the outside skill positions. Their backfield is above average but not considered great.

Rams are still the team to beat. I'd have questions about their DL, OL and RB's and some small Safety issues (who knows how much Weddle has left in the tank) but they're still the team to beat. That said, 13 wins is tough to repeat and they are the most likely to return to the mean as they had a lot of lucky breaks last year.

Seahawks have questions in the Secondary, WR's, TE's and DL. We also have some minor OL questions, I'd like to see Iupati stay healthy and they will be pretty good. If our skill positions pan out, I think we'll be even better on offense with another year in the offense. Both Rams games were close last year, meaning if we split one, sweep the Cards again and split with the Niners we just might take the division. We'll likely be tied for the best divisional record.

All this os barring injuries to all the teams involved of course.

Latest posts