Nr 1 deep passer in the league..well well...

toffee

Reaction score
OMG, team 3 will congratulate Geno, at the same time, reminds Geno that Wilson is still the king of moon balls.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Scheme might play a part in that also. 😊

Scheme definitely gives the opportunities, but it takes two other important factors for deep ball success

1) A WR who can either get open or catch the ball in coverage (or both)
2) A QB who can throw deep with confidence and precision

We happen to have all these aspects in Seattle, which coupled with an explosive RB(s) makes for a helluva fun offense to watch.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Scheme definitely gives the opportunities, but it takes two other important factors for deep ball success

1) A WR who can either get open or catch the ball in coverage (or both)
2) A QB who can throw deep with confidence and precision

We happen to have all these aspects in Seattle, which coupled with an explosive RB(s) makes for a helluva fun offense to watch.
been a while since this level of anticipation has been seen for the team. Good times.

GGotskill

Reaction score
been a while since this level of anticipation has been seen for the team. Good times.

Disagree. Pretty much every single season at 2012 this team has had huge expectations, leading to high anticipation for fans. The problem was they just didn't live up to them outside of one or two seasons.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Disagree. Pretty much every single season at 2012 this team has had huge expectations, leading to high anticipation for fans. The problem was they just didn't live up to them outside of one or two seasons.
Agree to disagree. The past several seasons have seen our talent diminish and with it the intrigue. As many have said, feels like 2012-2013.

I look forward and get excited for Week 1 every year...but the sum of all parts is creating a bigger buzz compared to the past several seasons.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. The past several seasons have seen our talent diminish and with it the intrigue. As many have said, feels like 2012-2013.

Outside of last year, when Hawks traded Russ and everyone counted them out, they were perennial top 10 in super bowl odds, usually in the top 5. Fan expectations were literally super bowl or bust for a solid decade.

Team talent definitely slid backwards but that didn't really temper most fans anticipation.

I look forward and get excited for Week 1 every year...but the sum of all parts is creating a bigger buzz compared to the past several seasons.

I think probably the difference here being the past several seasons we have had a lot of behind the scenes drama occuring, that put a damper on how the dynamics of the team were perceived. I don't know many people who didn't still bank on the Seahawks winning a bunch of games and making a playoff run.

I bet you could back to old "expectation" posts on this very message board and see most people had major anticipation.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Outside of last year, when Hawks traded Russ and everyone counted them out, they were perennial top 10 in super bowl odds, usually in the top 5. Fan expectations were literally super bowl or bust for a solid decade.

Team talent definitely slid backwards but that didn't really temper most fans anticipation.

I think probably the difference here being the past several seasons we have had a lot of behind the scenes drama occuring, that put a damper on how the dynamics of the team were perceived. I don't know many people who didn't still bank on the Seahawks winning a bunch of games and making a playoff run.

I bet you could back to old "expectation" posts on this very message board and see most people had major anticipation.
perspectives are like (fill in the blank here)...everyone's got one. I personally haven't felt this way about the team for 5+ years. Again, I look forward to each season and each game...but I haven't thought we have dominance potential for a long time. I don't think I'm alone.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
perspectives are like (fill in the blank here)...everyone's got one. I personally haven't felt this way about the team for 5+ years. Again, I look forward to each season and each game...but I haven't thought we have dominance potential for a long time. I don't think I'm alone.

I agree. I go into even the worst of seasons looking forward to each and every game and excited to root for our Seahawks. Last year was no different. What was different for me last year from the "let's call it the RW era) is that I didn't expect a playoff berth or even a winning season.

This offseason has been very different for me. I've seen so much to be excited for in this coming year. I'm still holding off on having any sort of championship expectations until I can see them play as a unit, but unlike last offseason, I actually have high hopes that I will have those expectations before the 1st game of the regular season and that excites me.

GGotskill

Reaction score

Sure, I get it. I think people that have been paying close attention have seen the decline in recent years and subsequently lose some of that anticipation. I just don't think that's anywhere near the majority.

strohmin

Reaction score
I dont know about you but I stopped having expectations beyond 1 and done since 2017. I am actually very excited for this year.