Oh Oh Titans Vikings face COVID

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is at least a chance that if the games do not get rescheduled, the Titans forfeit.

They cannot be around each other or in the building until Saturday.

Meanwhile, the Steelers have been told they can/should practice like normal as if the game was a given.

One team can practice and another cannot?

That is a huge advantage for the Steelers and likely not worth the injury risk for the Titans. How many of the Titans LBs will even be able to play if they were around this player? What about all the players that shared that same plane?

Do they quarantine the LBs? Play the entire game with backup or 3rd string/PS LBs with no practice time?

Forfeit seems the more reasonable option.

Another issue is the reporting that a Titans coach knew a player tested positive and let that player play in the game.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":ovy5duj3 said:
There is at least a chance that if the games do not get rescheduled, the Titans forfeit.

Meanwhile, the Steelers have been told they can/should practice like normal as if the game was a given.

That is a huge advantage for the Steelers and likely not worth the injury risk for the Titans. How many of the Titans LBs will even be able to play if they were around this player? What about all the players that shared that same plane?

Do they quarantine the LBs? Play the entire game with backup or 3rd string/PS LBs with no practice time?

Another issue is the reporting that a Titans coach knew a player tested positive and let that player play in the game.

That's why the NFL is fining coaches for not wearing masks on the sideline. That's why they have such strict protocol with distancing and masks when not actually practicing/playing.

To guard against a wide spread outbreak.

rcaido

Reaction score
Why not have a week 18 for the games that have to be postponed? Im sure this will happen a couple more times to other teams, so why not have an extra week at the end of the season.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
At a minimum, if one team cannot practice the other should not be able to.

The Steelers are getting a gift-wrapped W if the NFL does not move this game.

Will even be worse if not being able to practice results in an injury that impacts the Titans in another game(s).

Erebus

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1qjvx3ak said:

If that last part is true, there needs to be severe consequences, like forfeiting a game or draft pick(s).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It was tweeted that it was a LB coach that knew and allowed the player to still play. The stance is that Vrabel did not know? No idea if it was a LB but seems most likely.

Now, if the player tested and played....why? Must have been an important player and since LBs play by not social distancing, it is likely they contacted other opposing players. Maybe why the Vikings had test so many.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point right there. Clayton said this morning that the Vikes had no positive tests today. But if the Titan's played guys knowing this ahead of time? They better damn well get some consequences for it. The rest of the league is doing a damn solid job so far.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":175cxboz said:
Good point right there. Clayton said this morning that the Vikes had no positive tests today. But if the Titan's played guys knowing this ahead of time? They better damn well get some consequences for it. The rest of the league is doing a damn solid job so far.

Would be strange considering they had already left a few people behind because of the covid protocols.

RCATES

Reaction score
chris98251":3aez8k6n said:
Uncle Si":3aez8k6n said:
chris98251":3aez8k6n said:
I would be more worried about Miami and the Governor dropping Covid restrictions in bars Restaurants and other major gathering places before we show up and going into a petri dish down there.

Hotels and Lounges would be a part of that restriction drop.

They test the players before games and sequester..

There is a incubation period you know, they tested Titans and Vikings I assume before their game also and yet somehow there was an infection. We go East early to acclimate a bit before a game also. So that's two or three days total in a Hotel with little bugs and people running all over because of a stupid Governor.

Let me guess. You live in Fear.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Haven’t there been teams in the past that have had multiple players out with a “bug” or flu before?

Regardless of the position or “importance” of player/s, why should this be handled any different ?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Players have missed games due to the flu. Covid is more of a "scarier" thing for what has happened here. So to me its "well they just should miss the game."

Now another thing is i did hear that the NFL rented out hotels for all of Feb.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2dtpph2w said:
Players have missed games due to the flu. Covid is more of a "scarier" thing for what has happened here. So to me its "well they just should miss the game."

Now another thing is i did hear that the NFL rented out hotels for all of Feb.

Very much this. The NFL is treating these like injuries for now.

Shutting down a complex is trickier. Interesting to see where that goes.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2zfhski9 said:
Haven’t there been teams in the past that have had multiple players out with a “bug” or flu before?

Regardless of the position or “importance” of player/s, why should this be handled any different ?

Quite a few in the latter weeks of 2019. Like the Patriots, who tried loading up players with flu in one plane and the healthy ones in another plane. (Didn't work well).

Teams have always contended with the annual flu but since this thing kills about 10x as many people (might not be them but could be staff or staff/player families) they had to do something.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":15o98sjn said:
pmedic920":15o98sjn said:

Quite a few in the latter weeks of 2019. Like the Patriots, who tried loading up players with flu in one plane and the healthy ones in another plane. (Didn't work well).

Teams have always contended with the annual flu but since this thing kills about 10x as many people (might not be them but could be staff or staff/player families) they had to do something.

10x ?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":u75k0661 said:

Coach is on record saying "no excuses" and the team's going to be there for the game against Steelers practice or no.

Steelers are saying they'll practice as usual.

Tell me in what world that's proactive for your team.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Just read that the league could move either of the two games to Monday night.

LTH

Reaction score
At one point I was considering placing a futures bet on the Hawks... But my wife is a nurse and she says covid is absolutely on the rise. She thinks we are going to see another wave... so I decided not to make the bet...

what do you guys think is going to happen?

Is the covid thing going to kill the season?

Are the NFL protocols enough? Going into Miami where covid is ramped..

If I were the Hawks I would be placing extreme limitations ...

Thoughts?

LTH