Oh Oh Titans Vikings face COVID

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":a73d3r3y said:
chris98251":a73d3r3y said:
I would be more worried about Miami and the Governor dropping Covid restrictions in bars Restaurants and other major gathering places before we show up and going into a petri dish down there.

Hotels and Lounges would be a part of that restriction drop.

Seriously...for those of us who live in WA (especially King County) having had to live in the shutdown longer than just about anyone else in this country and then looking over at Florida showing beach parties and ragers every other weekend while cases continue to rise...I can't just help but think screw you guys.

Except the inner San Francisco Bay Area. Ours happened March 16 and i believe yours was 3/22. Nyah nyah

OP
OP
M

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Looks like Titans-Steelers postponed to later in the year. 13 Titans employees affected including 6 players.

No Vikings affected yet but the league has tightened testing restrictions in cases of known exposure. Masks and gloves for everyone but QB's throwing hand. No in person meetings. Two tests a day including a point of care rapid test.

Let's hope the bug doesn't start up in Vikings land.

OP
OP
M

Mad Dog

Reaction score
And now Newton is COVID positive. Uggh. This season is getting messy in a hurry.

rcaido

Reaction score
NFL should just postponed the season for 3weeks and reboot. Have more strict testing/bubble.

I dont want a canceled season.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
LTH":2vbif4vk said:
At one point I was considering placing a futures bet on the Hawks... But my wife is a nurse and she says covid is absolutely on the rise. She thinks we are going to see another wave... so I decided not to make the bet...

what do you guys think is going to happen?

Is the covid thing going to kill the season?

Are the NFL protocols enough? Going into Miami where covid is ramped..

If I were the Hawks I would be placing extreme limitations ...

Thoughts?

LTH
I'm curious to see what the players on teams that are clearly not making the playoffs do down the road. Young guys with money. How many just say F-it and go out and go out clubbing and such. I could see a story or 2 come out like that in the coming weeks. I'm guessing there are players on the Jets right now who aren't really concerned about protecting the team already.

PNW

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2hopfffu said:
And now Newton is COVID positive. Uggh. This season is getting messy in a hurry.
Really hoping he wasn’t A-symptomatic when we played them. Kinda nervous now SH*T!!!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Pretty easy to see that extending the no fans clause is in the offing. If this thing continues to escalate there will be a no players clause kick in. 2 games postponed already. More will make things really difficult, if not impossible.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
PNW":31d1vgeo said:
Mad Dog":31d1vgeo said:
Really hoping he wasn’t A-symptomatic when we played them. Kinda nervous now SH*T!!!

I'm not sure what there is to be worried about. We never got close enough to Cam in the game to say we violated social distancing protocols!

:?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
That Fauci guy is looking like a pretty strong coach right about now. Isn't he the one who predicted a resurgent outbreak in the fall? I just hope our bubble is secure enough so our guys make it through in good shape. One game at a time is the best we can do, and the most we can look forward to.
My coverage is being in isolation this week. They don't show Seattle and Miami in this area if Chiefs, Cowboys, or Denver is in cue. Looks like I may have to give Puffer another shot.

PNW

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1wn6boav said:
PNW":1wn6boav said:
Mad Dog":1wn6boav said:

I'm not sure what there is to be worried about. We never got close enough to Cam in the game to say we violated social distancing protocols!

:?

LOL!

OP
OP
M

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Well Titans team members keep testing positive. More NE players testing positive.

Not sure what they are going to do about Tennessee.

Too bad they didn't go with a more sensible 10 game season with games every 2 weeks.

Or just make it a war of Covid attrition. Last teams with no cases get to the playoffs.

I'm not sure with these postponements that we can get every team through all 16 games.