Oh Oh Titans Vikings face COVID

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1d0yb9z3 said:
At a minimum, if one team cannot practice the other should not be able to.

The Steelers are getting a gift-wrapped W if the NFL does not move this game.

Will even be worse if not being able to practice results in an injury that impacts the Titans in another game(s).

It would not be the first win for them Gift wrapped. :evil:

chris98251

Reaction score
RCATES":3bcvwp0p said:
chris98251":3bcvwp0p said:
Uncle Si":3bcvwp0p said:
chris98251":3bcvwp0p said:
I would be more worried about Miami and the Governor dropping Covid restrictions in bars Restaurants and other major gathering places before we show up and going into a petri dish down there.

Hotels and Lounges would be a part of that restriction drop.

They test the players before games and sequester..

There is a incubation period you know, they tested Titans and Vikings I assume before their game also and yet somehow there was an infection. We go East early to acclimate a bit before a game also. So that's two or three days total in a Hotel with little bugs and people running all over because of a stupid Governor.

Let me guess. You live in Fear.

No I am a level 8 and my wife a level 10 as far as severity if we caught it, I work every day as a essential, I do the shopping, and I have known people who have been infected. I am looking at reality and not denial.

There is a difference of being fearful and not able to do anything and being aware and doing what you can to limit chances of exposure.

Let me guess your a mask less party goer that it can't touch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":364mahlk said:
At one point I was considering placing a futures bet on the Hawks... But my wife is a nurse and she says covid is absolutely on the rise. She thinks we are going to see another wave... so I decided not to make the bet...

what do you guys think is going to happen?

Is the covid thing going to kill the season?

Are the NFL protocols enough? Going into Miami where covid is ramped..

If I were the Hawks I would be placing extreme limitations ...

Thoughts?

LTH

Depends on the region. Some states and regions are seeing increases, and some are seeing decreases.

Here's the NFL's Covid rules if anyone's interested.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/09/12/ ... -covid-19/

But to answer your question, I always err on the side of greed........and there is no more greedy enterprise in the US than the NFL, so I have no doubt they will play these games, regardless of positive covid tests.

Might take well into next spring if they have to reschedule games, but it'll happen.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
RCATES":sjviviug said:
chris98251":sjviviug said:
Uncle Si":sjviviug said:
chris98251":sjviviug said:
I would be more worried about Miami and the Governor dropping Covid restrictions in bars Restaurants and other major gathering places before we show up and going into a petri dish down there.

Hotels and Lounges would be a part of that restriction drop.

There is a incubation period you know, they tested Titans and Vikings I assume before their game also and yet somehow there was an infection. We go East early to acclimate a bit before a game also. So that's two or three days total in a Hotel with little bugs and people running all over because of a stupid Governor.

Would it kill you to stay on topic? What does your reply serve to do? Is it somehow cathartic for you to spray your lil feelings all over a football message board topic?

This isn't hard. It's a football topic with potential league-wide ramifications. Maybe at least attempt to stay on that train of thought?

Friggin disgusts me.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
3 Titans players just added to reserve list. No big names. However, DaQuan Jones is on the list - he played 45 snaps this past week at nose tackle. That's not good for the Vikings offensive line.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1311046009607380992[/tweet]

RCATES

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3fmhu0jy said:
RCATES":3fmhu0jy said:
chris98251":3fmhu0jy said:
Uncle Si":3fmhu0jy said:

Would it kill you to stay on topic? What does your reply serve to do? Is it somehow cathartic for you to spray your lil feelings all over a football message board topic?

This isn't hard. It's a football topic with potential league-wide ramifications. Maybe at least attempt to stay on that train of thought?

Friggin disgusts me.

Get pissed or disgusted or whatever.

RCATES

Reaction score
chris98251":30iky4pk said:
RCATES":30iky4pk said:
chris98251":30iky4pk said:
Uncle Si":30iky4pk said:

No I am a level 8 and my wife a level 10 as far as severity if we caught it, I work every day as a essential, I do the shopping, and I have known people who have been infected. I am looking at reality and not denial.

There is a difference of being fearful and not able to do anything and being aware and doing what you can to limit chances of exposure.

Sorry to hear. I believe those at high risk should stay home and the other 99% should go back to normal and wear mask. This shut down has done catostrophic damage to our economy. We won't see the full ramifications until early next year when all the payment suspensions are lifted. Really rough economic times ahead.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3oxyvpkj said:
Things can change a lot in 14 days. I'm focused on beating Miami.

Good. Hawks need your head in the game.

FOCUS!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
RCATES":l0r5p7g9 said:
chris98251":l0r5p7g9 said:
RCATES":l0r5p7g9 said:
chris98251":l0r5p7g9 said:

Sorry to hear. I believe those at high risk should stay home and the other 99% should go back to normal and wear mask. This shut down has done catostrophic damage to our economy. We won't see the full ramifications until early next year when all the payment suspensions are lifted. Really rough economic times ahead.

Really hard hitting football analysis there. Excellent job at least making a basic attempt to herd that meandering stampede of irrelevance back to the implications this topic has on football.

Oh, wait..

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
RCATES":197ny3z2 said:
Maelstrom787":197ny3z2 said:
RCATES":197ny3z2 said:
chris98251":197ny3z2 said:

Friggin disgusts me.

Get pissed or disgusted or whatever.

Whatever, dude. Start a blog or alienate your peers on Facebook if you need somewhere to vent. Pointless, drive-by hijackings of threads are exactly the type of thing that give people the impression that the quality of discourse here has been reduced to crap.

Now that I'm sure you've glossed over this post, please, continue spraying word diarrhea all over this thread.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1kvx0luh said:
RCATES":1kvx0luh said:
chris98251":1kvx0luh said:
Uncle Si":1kvx0luh said:

Friggin disgusts me.

So you go even further off topic?

Conversations evolve, and this is a polarizing topic.
Emotions and opinions are going to vary widely.

Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2corzhlv said:
RCATES":2corzhlv said:
Maelstrom787":2corzhlv said:
RCATES":2corzhlv said:

Friggin disgusts me.

Get pissed or disgusted or whatever. No one cares if your soft ass gets upset.

Whatever, dude. Start a blog or alienate your peers on Facebook if you need somewhere to vent. Pointless, drive-by hijackings of threads are exactly the type of thing that give people the impression that the quality of discourse here has been reduced to crap.

Now that I'm sure you've glossed over this post, please, continue spraying word diarrhea all over this thread.

Then you double down?

Just carry on with the topic as you see fit, ignore what you don’t see as relevant.

It’s easy really.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pmedic920":cprgfihu said:
Maelstrom787":cprgfihu said:
RCATES":cprgfihu said:
chris98251":cprgfihu said:

Friggin disgusts me.

So you go even further off topic?

Conversations evolve, and this is a polarizing topic.
Emotions and opinions are going to vary widely.

Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

...Like you're doing now?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pmedic920":1nbjzqnc said:
Maelstrom787":1nbjzqnc said:
RCATES":1nbjzqnc said:
Maelstrom787":1nbjzqnc said:

Friggin disgusts me.

Get pissed or disgusted or whatever. No one cares if your soft ass gets upset.

Then you double down?

Just carry on with the topic as you see fit, ignore what you don’t see as relevant.

It’s easy really.

You're literally doing the exact same thing by replying to me... twice. You're doing exactly what you're not advising me to not do, and then literally doubling down with a double reply in which you criticize me for doubling down. It's almost like a comedy bit.

Interesting that you'd stand up for thread hijacking, and then take issue with a direct response I issued to a poster calling me a "soft ass." My point here is that posts that are clearly off-topic, polarizing or no, should be rejected by the community. Newsflash: polarizing or no, controlling your emotions is part of being an adult. Polarizing content should not cause one to disregard even basic decorum.

Taking this thread from a football thread to a COVID thread with a haughty, arrogant, direct accusation towards another poster about "living in fear" is really the side you're gonna defend here?

That's crap. Pure, unadulterated crap.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what the punishment will be if some of these coaches allowed these players to play etc.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":htjvhu0g said:
I'm curious to see what the punishment will be if some of these coaches allowed these players to play etc.

Honestly, if the Titans knew they had positive tests before playing somehow, that's gotta be... harsh. Very harsh. That's worse than any Belichick stunt so far.

Like, first 3 picks in next draft harsh and a massive fine harsh.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's w/out a doubt next level. The league has been on top of it big time. IF they sent players out there who tested positive? Whatever discipline they get, it's deserved. No idea, but I'm sure we will find out sooner than later.
IF they are guilty, that is so irresponsible.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The reporter retracted his tweet.

It was an OLB coach, not an OLB. And he didn't travel with the team.

However, 3 different position rooms were affected.

This is going to happen again I imagine, I doubt there will be ways to find using byes to adjust games.

Apparently whomever gets affected is going to pay by not being able to practice for a week.

Because the unaffected team gets to practice and the impacted team will not be able to. For near the entire week before the game....

Not sure there is any way for the 2nd team to be competitive in that situation. But what will happen is this kinds of outbreaks are going to decide W/Ls enough to potentially determine playoff seeding.

There is zero chance the Titans can win this game now. Anyone competing with the Steelers sees the Steelers get a competitive team removed from their schedule.

One of the reasons I originally asked if there should be an asterisk this season.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Steelers are going aheaind with their practice schedule whereas the Titans are not but may still be required to play that game.

So from that perspective, the nfl is treating this just like a s--t happens thing that could happen to anyone like knees or concussions. But the order to play one unpracticed team against a competitor who did practice seems almost dangerous as lots of teams are seeing more injuries as no one had a preseason.

They call 'em gladiator fights, but the closest thing to that might be mma and even they equalize the training advantage. This is more a "throw them to the lions (in this case Steelers) and oh well."

I don't like it. Move the game to mnf so the opponent actually has one day to get ready. Or move around the bye weeks and do it in week 7.

OP
OP
M

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Looks like its going to be a major disadvantage to have an outbreak and get shut down. At least the Titans may be fresh going into the Pitt game but very little prep other than a walkthrough.

I suspect they will play unless enough positive players that you can't field at team. Then I suspect forfeit. If both teams can't field a team then I suspect a tie is in order. But i've not seen any strategies put forward by the league in those scenarios.

If by Friday the Titans have 10 players on COVID/IR, could they realistically play? especially given many players are inactive for injuries and can't play for that reason. 5 or 6 dinged up players and 10 COVID cases will decimate a team.