Oh Oh Titans Vikings face COVID

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The argument is being made it then remains the incentive for a team to keep itself COVID free.

To 'police itself' accordingly, because the cost is so dire (almost an automatic loss)

The challenge is then what about the Vikings? They did nothing wrong but play the team they were scheduled.

If they are kept from their own building/facilities because of another team - you radically upset the equation. If this happens in the playoffs? 1 game could determine playoff seedings or which advance.

It seems a big deal.

If you cannot practice until Saturday for a game Sunday or Monday, can you really compete against a team that can do so?

Equating this to a single player injury or even multiple player injury is not even close. This is a different animal. THREE Covid cases could decimate an entire team.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":fcky7vxz said:
pmedic920":fcky7vxz said:
Maelstrom787":fcky7vxz said:
RCATES":fcky7vxz said:
Get pissed or disgusted or whatever. No one cares if your soft ass gets upset.

Whatever, dude. Start a blog or alienate your peers on Facebook if you need somewhere to vent. Pointless, drive-by hijackings of threads are exactly the type of thing that give people the impression that the quality of discourse here has been reduced to crap.

Now that I'm sure you've glossed over this post, please, continue spraying word diarrhea all over this thread.

Then you double down?

Just carry on with the topic as you see fit, ignore what you don’t see as relevant.

It’s easy really.

You're literally doing the exact same thing by replying to me... twice. You're doing exactly what you're not advising me to not do, and then literally doubling down with a double reply in which you criticize me for doubling down. It's almost like a comedy bit.

Interesting that you'd stand up for thread hijacking, and then take issue with a direct response I issued to a poster calling me a "soft ass." My point here is that posts that are clearly off-topic, polarizing or no, should be rejected by the community. Newsflash: polarizing or no, controlling your emotions is part of being an adult. Polarizing content should not cause one to disregard even basic decorum.

Taking this thread from a football thread to a COVID thread with a haughty, arrogant, direct accusation towards another poster about "living in fear" is really the side you're gonna defend here?

That's crap. Pure, unadulterated crap.

So you get my point?

I’m not choosing sides.
Simply suggesting that you move along and not respond to post that don’t interest you.

BTW, it’s a football thread with a major “Covid” component.

“Covid” is actually in the title.

Again, nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":kvg054lc said:
The argument is being made it then remains the incentive for a team to keep itself COVID free.

To 'police itself' accordingly, because the cost is so dire (almost an automatic loss)

The challenge is then what about the Vikings? They did nothing wrong but play the team they were scheduled.

If they are kept from their own building/facilities because of another team - you radically upset the equation. If this happens in the playoffs? 1 game could determine playoff seedings or which advance.

It seems a big deal.

If you cannot practice until Saturday for a game Sunday or Monday, can you really compete against a team that can do so?

Equating this to a single player injury or even multiple player injury is not even close. This is a different animal. THREE Covid cases could decimate an entire team.

Exactly this. So much this.

We can be blase about it from the standpoint that these are not teams that affect us. But the point is that it could be us. We could be sitting here in a month and then be told, "no practice you guys before the 49er game." Yeah I'm sure any of us would think that was just like having a bad injury streak. That's kinda the way to exacerbate injuries.

There were second tests done on the Titans and the positives are real. They are not practicing until Saturday per the protocols while the Steelers can. I mean, move the thing to ABC/ESPN for Monday night or hold it in week 7.

I mean, even when you can't be totally fair, you can try to be as much so as possible.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
They're going to.hold it as is.

If they make those arrangements,they will eventually run out of time.

As was said earlier in the thread, it is an advantage to be strict and disciplined regarding covid.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pmedic920":2bqegllv said:
Maelstrom787":2bqegllv said:
pmedic920":2bqegllv said:
Maelstrom787":2bqegllv said:
Whatever, dude. Start a blog or alienate your peers on Facebook if you need somewhere to vent. Pointless, drive-by hijackings of threads are exactly the type of thing that give people the impression that the quality of discourse here has been reduced to crap.

Now that I'm sure you've glossed over this post, please, continue spraying word diarrhea all over this thread.

Then you double down?

Just carry on with the topic as you see fit, ignore what you don’t see as relevant.

It’s easy really.

You're literally doing the exact same thing by replying to me... twice. You're doing exactly what you're not advising me to not do, and then literally doubling down with a double reply in which you criticize me for doubling down. It's almost like a comedy bit.

Interesting that you'd stand up for thread hijacking, and then take issue with a direct response I issued to a poster calling me a "soft ass." My point here is that posts that are clearly off-topic, polarizing or no, should be rejected by the community. Newsflash: polarizing or no, controlling your emotions is part of being an adult. Polarizing content should not cause one to disregard even basic decorum.

Taking this thread from a football thread to a COVID thread with a haughty, arrogant, direct accusation towards another poster about "living in fear" is really the side you're gonna defend here?

That's crap. Pure, unadulterated crap.

So you get my point?

I’m not choosing sides.
Simply suggesting that you move along and not respond to post that don’t interest you.

BTW, it’s a football thread with a major “Covid” component.

“Covid” is actually in the title.

Again, nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

I understand your point, it's just hypocritical seeing as you felt the need to do literally the exact thing you were criticizing me for doing.

I stand by my original contention that posts personally accusing others of "living in fear" within topics that are completely unrelated to personal opinions about the pandemic should be sharply rebuked by the community. It's both disruptive and disrespectful not just to that poster, but to the entire thread.

Reaction score
I swear to god if they close the season when Wilson is having his best yet I’m gonna be soooooooooooooooooooo upset.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sandpoint Hawk":1e8ho93e said:
I swear to god if they close the season when Wilson is having his best yet I’m gonna be soooooooooooooooooooo upset.

There are a hundred people on the titans staff..

The nfl was hopefully ready for small outbreaks like this.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And why should the rest of the league have to suffer over one team being irresponsible? Forget that mess.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
chris98251":27cbu5ty said:
I would be more worried about Miami and the Governor dropping Covid restrictions in bars Restaurants and other major gathering places before we show up and going into a petri dish down there.

Hotels and Lounges would be a part of that restriction drop.

As someone who travels for a living they don’t need to be worried about what you are suggesting. Let’s keep politics out of this forum. Thanks!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure how a topic on how disease mitigation requirements affecting the NFL, and thus the Seattle Seahawks, is political. But whatever.

What I can share is that yes, the Seahawks need to be concerned given the risk % is higher in Florida. And yes, the opening of restaurants and bars increased the risk to the Seahawks.

Is it relatively low? Sure. But you still increase vectors for transmission. And guess what happens if a few people do get impacted?

You lose an entire week of practice. An entire week of working out. Essentially almost assuring you lose the next game.

Traveling is a risk. Traveling to certain states is a risk. You can mitigate it some. But yes, hotels and restaurants are a risk.

I am not an EHS or medical expert, I work with technology. But my industry is security & safety. I work with global security professionals, primarily directors of EHS. Shockingly, they don't care about the politics but they do care about the impact their business and their liability. They would tell you that Florida is a higher risk and hotels/bars are a higher risk.

The Seahawks absolutely need to be careful. Not sure how that is debatable.

The salient issues are:
- How to protect teams from giving opponents ridiculously asymetric advantages because of the inability to practice.
(At a minimum, if an entire team is unable to practice then the other team should voluntarily abstain, just to preserve the competitive balance)

- What happens when this happens later and there are no bye weeks to shift?

- Does the inability to both practice and properly condition lead to significantly higher injury risk?

- Is there a better way of dealing with small outbreaks that still protects the opposing team without removing the entire roster of the impacted team from being competitive?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Florio reports that another Titans player came up positive. Word is that three position groups were affected.

Highly unlikely they open it before Saturday. And this new case now makes it four players and five staff who traveled for that game. It's not like the league is going to just let players with a negative test practice elsewhere when the protocol is to have even the negatives sit for three days.

And let's not forget what happens when guys play out of practice. We've all seen it with the injuries but at least the other guys were in the same position. It's not a fair potential injury situation.

Move the game to Week 7 and move around teams' byes.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sounds like the game is postponed till at least Monday or Tuesday.

And a complete cancellation is possible.
Pitt bye week 8
Tenn bye week 7
Baltimore bye week 7

NFL would switch the pitt Baltimore week 8 game to week 7 (balt would then get by week 8)
Switch this weeks pitt ten game to week 8
pitt and ten get their byes this week.

Obviously that's not that messy, if this happens later in the season, it gets harder.

OP
OP
M

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Hopefully they didn't pass it on to Vikings players, because then it gets messier. Titans -Pittsburgh can be moved but if it starts being more widespread, you can't keep bumping games.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Mad Dog":27jla8k4 said:
Hopefully they didn't pass it on to Vikings players, because then it gets messier. Titans -Pittsburgh can be moved but if it starts being more widespread, you can't keep bumping games.

To be honest.. if they're able to pass it on to players in game ay then the season is probably already in jeopardy

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":nb9kmmso said:
I'm hoping for Tuesday. Why? Because Tuesday night football.

You obviously mean "a special Tuesday night edition of Monday night football".

ZagHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":55qeyqt1 said:
I would be more worried about Miami and the Governor dropping Covid restrictions in bars Restaurants and other major gathering places before we show up and going into a petri dish down there.

Hotels and Lounges would be a part of that restriction drop.

Seriously...for those of us who live in WA (especially King County) having had to live in the shutdown longer than just about anyone else in this country and then looking over at Florida showing beach parties and ragers every other weekend while cases continue to rise...I can't just help but think screw you guys.