Panthers hire Reich. Wilks claims racism

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Interim head coaches are not often hired As hc, though. Biscaccia wasnt. Rosberg hasn’t even gotten an interview from his own team. There may be a bias ahainst interim hc, but I don’t see how it’s racial.

Thoughts?

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

Interim head coaches are not often hired As hc, though. Biscaccia wasnt. Rosberg hasn’t even gotten an interview from his own team. There may be a bias ahainst interim hc, but I don’t see how it’s racial.

Thoughts?
There have been a few interim coaches given the full time gig the following season

My guess is the owner/GM feel the previous regime was a failure and feel a fresh start is needed

IMO Reich was the correct hire the defense is in good but the offense needs work especially QB. I am assuming the decision came down to Reich or Kellen Moore, the owner probably felt more comfortable with the proven commodity. Panthers are local to me I am curious how the locals respond

Ozzy

Reaction score
With this hire, I completely expect the Panthers' first draft pick to be Will Levis and they might even make an aggressive trade to Seattle for it.
And if you’re not a fan of the QBs then this is good news for Seattle

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
And if you’re not a fan of the QBs then this is good news for Seattle
Exactly. The only thing I'd be worried about is the Lions picking Wilson if we traded down. I've come to find out over the past few days that he's mocked to go to the Lions on multiple mock drafts and as much as I'd love to trade down for more picks to bolster the roster, I don't want him to slip out of the Hawks' grasp.

GemCity

Reaction score
Take their 9th for our 5th and see if we can nab their 2nd and 4th (or their 5th…more likely if we get a third pick from the trade).

NoGain

Reaction score
With this hire, I completely expect the Panthers' first draft pick to be Will Levis and they might even make an aggressive trade to Seattle for it.
Agree. Definitely a watch for a trade up.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Take their 9th for our 5th and see if we can nab their 2nd and 4th (or their 5th…more likely if we get a third pick from the trade).
I'd actually be more interested in a package deal that involved getting next year's first as well as their #9, but I'm not sure if Reich would dare make such an aggressive move so soon like that.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Good to see him get a 2nd chance. But Reich needs to figure out the QB situation ASAP this time around. No more trading for aging QB's (Rivers, Ryan) or a QB that can't be fixed (Wentz).

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Reich's daughter was apparently hired by the Panthers as early as January 8th. Adds a little more context and credence to Wilks' complaints.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
So here’s the tweet that Florio references.

I cant understand how shes not saying what the job is and even More how Florio isn’t saying what it is.

getnasty

Reaction score
I don't know Reich been apart of signed a QB in FA the last 3 years. Seems like a landing spot for Derek Carr.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
So here’s the tweet that Florio references.

I cant understand how shes not saying what the job is and even More how Florio isn’t saying what it is.

She says Marketing in the tweet and appears to have a background in digital marketing.

knownone

Reaction score
Wilks doesn't have anything to lose by filing a lawsuit. But it's unclear how he'd prove it was discrimination in a lawsuit.

bileever

Reaction score
I think Wilks deserved the job. He went 6-6 after he took over a hopeless team that was 1-4. And that was after trading away key pieces like McCaffrey and Robbie Anderson. And having a real mess at the QB position--a revolving door with Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold and P.J. Walker. Wilks also got a raw deal in Arizona, getting fired after one season, in which his quarterbacks were Josh Rosen and Mike Glennon. Kingsbury came in the next year and won only 2 more games even though he had Kyler Murray instead of Rosen. And yet Kingsbury got 2 more years after that.