Pete is in wake up mode

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":2uk5e9h9 said:
Fade":2uk5e9h9 said:
Pete's still behind. 49ers & Rams have superior staffs.

Pete in many seasons has tried new things, and every time at the first sign of adversity he falls back to what he is comfortable with.

1) Rope-a-dope.

2) Vanilla 3 deep coverage on defense. Giving easy reads to the opposing QB, not giving them anything deep, but letting them have everything else. Can't get off the field as a result, hang on, survive.

3) Simplified offense, run it up the gut, chuck it deep, cool with punting. As long as the score is close and you're not turning it over, it's a win in Pete's book.

The major problems with 2 and 3 is predictability. It makes it too easy on opponents, and too hard for your players to perform. The young coaches in the league take an opposite approach. They try to mask every thing they are doing so you can't get a bead on what is coming next.

Some examples:

McVay likes to run all of his plays out of every formation and does his best to make it all looks the same. So you cannot tell if it is a run? pass? PA? to the left? Right? Blending motion and tempo it can cripple opponents and when it is going well defenses have to go simple so to not have any busts.

On defense, what has become the new thing the last couple of seasons is showing 2 high coverage presnap, but on any given play the safeties are going to rotate and play a different coverage post snap. Confusing the QB, which creates more turnovers and sacks. The Seahawks were abysmal in this area and it's why Norton was fired. They played hard on defense as a unit, but they were so schematically outclassed it was laughable. Anyone who said the defense was good last year got exposed, as well.

Pete Carroll gonna Pete Carroll in the end, unfortunately. Week 1 will be awesome though, or until Pete pulls the plug.
Nurse Betty. You're Nurse Betty. You've built this whole world view based on completely delusional thinking.

Second half of the year, we rotated MOFO to MOFC often.

When did we ever in the past several years run it up the gut and chuck it deep. And I'm sorry you can't see it, but the inability to have a more functional passing game is zero percent Pete's doing. Zero.

The defense was quite good after Pete took the reigns back. Top 5 in scoring, top 10 in yards. Who is being exposed now?

LOL thank tical can always count on you for a laugh and some great fiction

seems the player sno betetr huh

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-offense-teams-just-started-to-figure-us-out

also, lets forget after game 1 carrol came out and said he and Waldron had a talk and he knows what I want here on offense. parphrase

also forget this

https://heavy.com/sports/seattle-seahawks/pete-carroll-tells-shane-waldron-run-more/
Sorry as usual your wrong

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":nmy984td said:
Fade":nmy984td said:

Pete in many seasons has tried new things, and every time at the first sign of adversity he falls back to what he is comfortable with.

1) Rope-a-dope.

2) Vanilla 3 deep coverage on defense. Giving easy reads to the opposing QB, not giving them anything deep, but letting them have everything else. Can't get off the field as a result, hang on, survive.

3) Simplified offense, run it up the gut, chuck it deep, cool with punting. As long as the score is close and you're not turning it over, it's a win in Pete's book.

The major problems with 2 and 3 is predictability. It makes it too easy on opponents, and too hard for your players to perform. The young coaches in the league take an opposite approach. They try to mask every thing they are doing so you can't get a bead on what is coming next.

Some examples:

McVay likes to run all of his plays out of every formation and does his best to make it all looks the same. So you cannot tell if it is a run? pass? PA? to the left? Right? Blending motion and tempo it can cripple opponents and when it is going well defenses have to go simple so to not have any busts.

On defense, what has become the new thing the last couple of seasons is showing 2 high coverage presnap, but on any given play the safeties are going to rotate and play a different coverage post snap. Confusing the QB, which creates more turnovers and sacks. The Seahawks were abysmal in this area and it's why Norton was fired. They played hard on defense as a unit, but they were so schematically outclassed it was laughable. Anyone who said the defense was good last year got exposed, as well.

Pete Carroll gonna Pete Carroll in the end, unfortunately. Week 1 will be awesome though, or until Pete pulls the plug.

Correct

I feel bad for the fans that think next season is going to be so different in scheme. I've watched this team too long to believe it,

Yup I feel bad for them too,

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":1uhb0s2l said:
Tical21":1uhb0s2l said:
Fade":1uhb0s2l said:

1) Rope-a-dope.

Some examples:

Nurse Betty. You're Nurse Betty. You've built this whole world view based on completely delusional thinking.

Second half of the year, we rotated MOFO to MOFC often.

When did we ever in the past several years run it up the gut and chuck it deep. And I'm sorry you can't see it, but the inability to have a more functional passing game is zero percent Pete's doing. Zero.

The defense was quite good after Pete took the reigns back. Top 5 in scoring, top 10 in yards. Who is being exposed now?

LOL thank tical can always count on you for a laugh and some great fiction

seems the player sno betetr huh

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-offense-teams-just-started-to-figure-us-out

also, lets forget after game 1 carrol came out and said he and Waldron had a talk and he knows what I want here on offense. parphrase

also forget this

https://heavy.com/sports/seattle-seahawks/pete-carroll-tells-shane-waldron-run-more/
Sorry as usual your wrong

Grammarly is currently free to download. Just a heads up.

John63

Reaction score
Donn2390":1es0ek76 said:
Sure aren't very many Seahawk fans that post in here...

Plenty of fans, just realistic fans.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Donn2390":138frc3y said:

So fans are only allowed to wave the pom poms and cheer rah rah rah instead of recognizing real issues within the team?

keasley45

Reaction score
No. But it's a bit much to hang theories on supposed conversations where someone's inference about what may or may not have been discussed becomes the entire basis for a campaign of criticism.

Especially when last year, what we did in week one was exactly what we did in weeks 15-17 (when we were most successful) & the the biggest advocate of the style of play we put on the field was the HC.

And all the while the biggest defender of what was being put in the field weeks 2-14 was the qb.

Having disagreements is great when they're not mired in delusion.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
keasley45":2huqr7kg said:
Especially when last year, what we did in week one was exactly what we did in weeks 15-17 (when we were most successful) & the the biggest advocate of the style of play we put on the field was the HC.

And all the while the biggest defender of what was being put in the field weeks 2-14 was the qb.

Thats a flat out lie. The HC is the biggest advocate for weeks 2-14. The only reason he relinquished his grasp of the scheme at the end was because he was desperate and had no choice.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3941zhrn said:
keasley45":3941zhrn said:

Thats a flat out lie. The HC is the biggest advocate for weeks 2-14. The only reason he relinquished his grasp of the scheme at the end was because he was desperate and had no choice.

"Relinquished his grasp of the scheme at the end"

The thing is that your statement here is literally pure conjecture. Guesswork with very little to back it up other than a mostly invented "Pete the Puppetmaster" narrative.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I believe it when I see it.

Pete's done this for the past 3-4 seasons, talks a big game about changing his coordinators and schemes to be more successful, then when the games get going you can see there's no discernable difference and it's back to Pete Ball.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This ^^^
The ah schucks rah rah crap after losses is beyond old. I don't want to hear what you SHOULD HAVE DONE Pete, just DO IT.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":39gsrtro said:

Pete's done this for the past 3-4 seasons, talks a big game about changing his coordinators and schemes to be more successful, then when the games get going you can see there's no discernable difference and it's back to Pete Ball.

I really can't take that statement seriously considering the very significant differences between 2019, 2020, and 2021 in both scheme and philosophy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1r7jj3bn said:
Sgt. Largent":1r7jj3bn said:

I really can't take that statement seriously considering the very significant differences between 2019, 2020, and 2021 in both scheme and philosophy.

Please explain.

Because after the Colts game where we did see some McVay-esque playcalling and positional scheme tweaks with Eskridge and lining Metcalf up inside, it regressed quickly to what it's always looked like for the remainder of the season.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":4yr6wgae said:
pittpnthrs":4yr6wgae said:
keasley45":4yr6wgae said:

"Relinquished his grasp of the scheme at the end"

The thing is that your statement here is literally pure conjecture. Guesswork with very little to back it up other than a mostly invented "Pete the Puppetmaster" narrative.

Just basing my statement off of what happens every season under Pete Carroll. Its harder to ignore it than to accept it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yeah he's going to wake up and the second things start going back in areas where his old ways would have done better. i.e. a play they went aggressive on defense and got beat over the top. He's gonna switch things right back. I'm this pessimistic because this is the same thing we've seen year after year...things are going to change and then suddenly at the first sign of difficulty or failure it goes right back.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Donn2390":tunhlk6t said:

Fan does not mean HOMER. It means fanatic...which means we're passionate. You can be overly positive passionate or you can be realistic passionate. I think the majority of the people in here who are criticizing are not expecting superbowls every year, but we're expecting to see changes where things aren't working. But instead every season plays out roughly the same narrative.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2xfrx3fx said:
Yeah he's going to wake up and the second things start going back in areas where his old ways would have done better. i.e. a play they went aggressive on defense and got beat over the top. He's gonna switch things right back. I'm this pessimistic because this is the same thing we've seen year after year...things are going to change and then suddenly at the first sign of difficulty or failure it goes right back.

Exactly and its strange how some fans still dont recognize that.

flv

Reaction score
I thought Week 1 and the last few games were down to having a healthy, effective RB and an efficient QB putting up 100+ passer rating performances. Apparently i'm wrong and it was 100% Pete Carroll, or the 100% absence of Pete Carroll, depending on the narrative.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
flv":3fzh9tok said:
I thought Week 1 and the last few games were down to having a healthy, effective RB and an efficient QB putting up 100+ passer rating performances. Apparently i'm wrong and it was 100% Pete Carroll, or the 100% absence of Pete Carroll, depending on the narrative.

You didnt notice the lack of pre snap motion and tempo after week 1 huh?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think everyone on here is a Hawks fan. Nothing wrong with criticizing the team when it's warranted. I'm considered one of those "homers" but I also have no problem calling out coaching or players when they are not getting it done.
Negative, positive, doom and gloom..........fan how you want. Doesn't make you any less or more of a fan.
That being said, making up stuff that literally doesn't exist? That does get annoying. But whatever, I know I'm annoying too, so..... :irishdrinkers: