Pete would still be coaching if he traded up for ....

Ozzy

Reaction score
I do wonder if bigger picture JS and the team wants to do exactly that but Pete wanted Geno and that played into the firing? It’s purely speculation but it makes sense. I would be shocked if John didn’t love Strpud but Pete is the last say so they went with Geno.

renofox

Reaction score
No way Texans would have traded down or pass up on drafting Stroud. This is wishful thinking.
I really wanted Stroud.. After the draft, I compared what Carolina gave up to the Bears for the #1. It would have cost the Seahawks Spoon, JSN, DK, and a 2024 2nd (or maybe 1st if they didn't really like DK) to equal the deal.

Steep price. Would it have been worth it?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah it’s unlikely for sure. Levis and Richardson could’ve been a dividing issue although maybe the Colts were never going to trade AR. Who knows

Fade

Reaction score
I do wonder if bigger picture JS and the team wants to do exactly that but Pete wanted Geno and that played into the firing? It’s purely speculation but it makes sense. I would be shocked if John didn’t love Strpud but Pete is the last say so they went with Geno.
Definitely. Pete's told Jody his plan every off-season. They have a record internally that never gets leaked to the public a mountain of evidence built.

It was way past time to take the keys from grandpa, that's for sure.

Welshers2

Reaction score
You're right, Pete would probably still be the coach if he somehow traded up for Stroud, just like how I wouldn't be on my third wife if the first two didn't leave me.

It was way past time to take the keys from grandpa, that's for sure.
Genuine question, why do you hate Pete so much? I get actual hate vibes from you. It's always insults and celebrating he's gone. Are you at all grateful for the Super Bowl, or did you not enjoy it because it was won by a guy you hate? Genuinely interested.

I can understand thinking it was time for a change and that Pete wasn't the right coach for the team anymore. What I don't understand is your utter loathing of a guy who led the team to the most wins in franchise history.

Last edited:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
And how would he of pulled this off? Texans were as needy for a qb than any team in the nfl...I am sure they were hoping he'd drop after failing that meaningless test. Just happy we didn't get Young somehow .