Playoffs confused.

beaumaris

Reaction score
I’m sure someone can explain how the mew playoff format would work for us.
Would it be better for us if we didn’t win our division?

rcaido

Reaction score
if we dont win, we would play the giants I think

WmHBonney

Reaction score
There will be 4 division winners. Those winners are seeded 1-4. Seed #1 gets a bye the first week of the playoffs. There are (as of right now) 3 wild card teams, seeded 5,6,7. When the playoffs begin, Seed #1 gets a bye, #2 plays #7, #3 plays #6, #4 plays #5. After that, it all depends on who wins/loses. The lower seed will always play at the higher seed's house. Going into today, we were the #2 seed and would have had the Cards. After today, that will all be mixed up.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wow now I am confused.

I thought that we had to win our division to get to play the NFC East Div winner (Giants?) in the Div playoff game.

Not true?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well, either the Saints or Packers would beat us by 3 TDs so I will take the Giants again if we can get them.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
After the first round, there are no more byes. The #1 seed will get the lowest seed that advanced from the first round, at home. The next highest surviving seed will get the next lowest surviving seed, at home. And so on and so forth. After the first round, who you play is determined by who is left and their original seeding.

Latest posts