Poll: Best new addition to this year's team?

Best new addition to this year's team?

• Hyde

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Olsen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D. Lewis

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Shell

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Snacks

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Dunlap

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • DJ Reed

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Neal

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Damien Lewis. Young, legit Pro Bowl level guard under team control for years.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":1vb2orlo said:
Looking at this list tells me that our front office has no clue when it comes to evaluating talent and need to be fired immediately.

Surely this is in jest

AgentDib

Reaction score
I concur with Lewis if we have to pick just one player, but really our entire off-season looks strong with the benefit of hindsight.

Our offensive line moves look particularly good. Pocic has really solidified the center position, Lewis looks like a pro bowler at RG as a rookie and Shell has been such a nice acquisition. Ogbuehi was also a key contributor this last week filling in for Shell and really played well against a formidable pass rush. And lets not forget we traded BJ Finney for Carlos Dunlap.

Our secondary depth also deserves a shout out. Can anybody say they were expecting even a fraction of what we've gotten from Keanu Neal, DJ Reed, and Ugo Amadi this season?

capncrunch

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1jrrv2jt said:
Can't believe I'm the only one who voted for Shell.

After all we went through with Ifedi, to FINALLY solidify the RT position with a very good tackle is one of the main reasons Russell's gone from having the worst pass pro in the league to one of the best.....and we got him for two years at 4M a year?

What a steal.

2 votes for Shell!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Olsen didn't get any votes, but think we kind of miss him. He was pretty good on third downs, and blocking in general.

LTH

Reaction score
If you look at that list of players and then realize that JS put that together you wonder how anybody could say he is not a good GM...

LTH

nwHawk

Reaction score
Impressive group of acquisitions. Dunlop, Lewis and Shell are the much better than the guys they replaced. I had to vote for Shell. With Duane Brown and a healthy Shell Russ seemed calm. Run and pass game was better with him in the lineup. And up until he got hurt he was relatively a ghost - quietly doing his job.

themunn

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":1prczt5s said:
I chose Lewis because of the trajectory he has with us. A rookie RG that we have for 3 more very inexpensive seasons; a road grader and plus pass blocker as well. Chose him over Dunlap because of the promise of a stud OLineman vs the possibility of losing Dunlap as a UFA this coming offseason.

I also love DJ Reed. Good Lord son, this kid has fantastic instincts.

Dunlap is under contract next year - he's got a big cap number (10m) but worth every penny based on play so far. We gave 8 to Ansah!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Actually a little surprised Hyde didn't get any votes.

HawkerD

Reaction score
really all great additions but in so far as an improvement over the prior player I am going to say Reed. Flowers was such trash and Dunbar was basically invisible all year. Reed actually loos like a guy who is trying to deny the opponent a completion.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I went with Dunlap, but really this list shows that John Schneider is having a great season!

The DJ Reed acquisition has turned out to be brilliant, and essentially gotten for free.

Gotta love ALL the guys on the list that have been difference-makers.

Speedy rookie LB Jordyn Brooks will make some key plays for us to help win games, probably against the Rams; don't sleep on him. He's learning and improving each week!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Aussie Seahawk":2yip8buj said:
Maelstrom787":2yip8buj said:
Welshers":2yip8buj said:
How are people still not mentioning Jamal Adams!

The OP purposely left him out

But... I'm puzzled as to why? NOT criticising the OP in any way, but simply asking.

I am the OP and left him out because he would have been the obvious choice. No sense in making a poll when you already know the answer. With that said it's a pretty impressive list of players to choose from. JS has done a nice job of stacking talent outside of the draft.

:2thumbs:

Reaction score
I'd say Dunlap but I want to give a bit of recognition to Olsen. I think he played a very good part in the way this offence looked earlier on in the season, and the offence just isn't the same without him. He was a threat that made Lockett and DK even bigger problems, so whilst it's easy to say that Olsen was paid too much, the role he played was big and the fact is, this team just hasn't looked the same without him. We went from a high scoring, highly efficient offence with him to a flat, predictable offence without him and that isn't a coincidence. He's a highly intelligent player who causes problems for defences unless he's respected.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
seabowl":6f6ipwvj said:
Aussie Seahawk":6f6ipwvj said:
Maelstrom787":6f6ipwvj said:
Welshers":6f6ipwvj said:
How are people still not mentioning Jamal Adams!

The OP purposely left him out

But... I'm puzzled as to why? NOT criticising the OP in any way, but simply asking.

I am the OP and left him out because he would have been the obvious choice. No sense in making a poll when you already know the answer. With that said it's a pretty impressive list of players to choose from. JS has done a nice job of stacking talent outside of the draft.

:2thumbs:

I'm glad you left him out. He's definitely the obvious choice, and its led to a great discussion with multiple viable options to get behind.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I picked DJ Reed as he as much as anyone outside of Adams has solidified his position on the field.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
seabowl":3vat1aqt said:
I picked DJ Reed as he as much as anyone outside of Adams has solidified his position on the field.

I didn’t pick him, but love the guy. His attitude is all Seahawk