Poll: Who to blame for Adams fiasco?

Who do you blame for Jamal Adams situation?

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Who do you blame most for the current Jamal Adams situation? This whole thing has blown up into an unfortunate nightmare.

We can discuss how to crawl out from underneath the rubble of this trade disaster, but someone deserves the finger pointed at them. Who is it?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
How is the head coach going to game plan against another NFL team, when the players on the field neglect to do what they were taught to do? Offense aside for the moment, because of all the injuries on the line, but weren't we told that this was going to be a "more attacking defense" by none other than, Clint Hurtt?

Where is that attack?

Aircrew

Reaction score
Great question/poll.

With so much blame to go around, I'll just have to place the majority of it on Pete, he's the HC. But, he has an opportunity to get some street cred back by benching Adams the remaining games and cutting him loose in the offseason. Take the cap hit and move on.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
For what they gave up, it really put a ton of pressure on JA. He would have had to be Earl 2 to make it right. I'd put this on John, although Pete is right there too.

keasley45

Reaction score
It's a blame game society, isn't it?

The answer? Pete and John brought JA to be the galvanizing piece of a defense that could only have but so many 'elite' pieces due to salary cap limitations and the construct of the team at the time.

He SHOULD have been enough to pull together a unit to the degree the team could make a legit run. And it should have worked. The logic was sound. The extension made sense in the context of the team as it was built and under the assumption that Russ would be Russ, we'd have a running game that was formidable for a long time behind Carson and Penny, and a defense that could be dangerous in spots, if not dominant all the time. And then...

We lost Carson, Penny, and the Russ saga went down. And ultimately, Jamal got hurt. Again, and again. After that, the reason for him being became less obvious. In 2021, after an offseason that saw the Russ era begun to unravel, they shoved JA into a more traditional role, I think, in anticipation for his need to be something quite different after they moved on from Russ and would be in a position to completely reconstruct the defense that he was brought in to simply weld together. That might have worked too. But then he destroyed his quad. So now it is what it is. He's angry and probably beyond disappointed to have thought he was co ing to a situation that would see him part of a championship team, only to be injured the way he has been and for the team to have been through the implosion it has.

I think his character has shown to be too self absorbed and too sensitive to fit with what we are doing anymore.

But to assign blame? There are too many reasons, factors, plots and subplots to try to hang 'blame' on anyone's door. He was brought in for a purpose and that purpose no longer existed for various reasons after his 2nd year here. Arguably, after his first.

Last edited:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I truthfully don't know because it depends who asked for the trade? did PC go to JS and say I want this guy? go trade for him? did JS get offered the trade and PC said nah we don't need him and he did it anyway.

There's information we as fans don't know to really place blame here, but regardless it was a horrible trade and as much as we celebrate the RW trade, I think this trade is honestly more embarrassing.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I blame Pete and John equally. The offense has been more or less what I expected, some ups, with lots of average to below average qb play, but the defense has been the biggest disappointment. I really thought they would take off after recent additions. Given our qb situation, we really need a plus defense to win many games.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
These are inevitably going to be the responses to a "Who do you want fired most?" poll that wasn't actually posted in this thread, but I just have to point out that it isn't John, Hurtt, Pete, or Jerhawk who's responsible for Adams clearly jogging and taking plays off on the field.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
It's a blame game society, isn't it?

The answer? Pete and John brought JA to be the galvanizing piece of a defense that could only have but so many 'elite' pieces due to salary cap limitations and the construct of the team at the time.

He SHOULD have been enough to pull together a unit to the degree the team could make a legit run. And it should have worked. The logic was sound. The extension made sense in the context of the team as it was built and under the assumption that Russ would be Russ, we'd have a running game that was formidable for a long time behind Carson and Penny, and a defense that could be dangerous in spots, if not dominant all the time. And then...

We lost Carson, Penny, and the Russ saga went down. And ultimately, Jamal got hurt. Again, and again. After that, the reason for him being became less obvious. In 2021, after an offseason that saw the Russ era begun to unravel, they shoved JA into a more traditional role, I think, in anticipation for his need to be something quite different after they moved on from Russ and would be in a position to completely reconstruct the defense that he was brought in to simply weld together. That might have worked too. But then he destroyed his quad. So now it is what it is. He's angry and probably beyond disappointed to have thought he was co ing to a situation that would see him part of a championship team, only to be injured the way he has been and for the team to have been through the implosion it has.

I think his character has shown to be too self absorbed and too sensitive to fit with what we are doing anymore.

But to assign blame? There are too many reasons, factors, plots and subplots to try to hang 'blame' on anyone's door. He was brought in for a purpose and that purpose no longer existed for various reasons after his 2nd year here. Arguably, after his first.
It was kind of a Murphy law of the trade game

ZagHawk

Reaction score
These are inevitably going to be the responses to a "Who do you want fired most?" poll that wasn't actually posted in this thread, but I just have to point out that it isn't John, Hurtt, Pete, or Jerhawk who's responsible for Adams clearly jogging and taking plays off on the field.

I am curious who has been initiating the drafts and trades...that have focused so much more on specialty players vs getting a solid baseline in the trenches. Is it JS or is PC?

soxhawk

Reaction score
Can we place blame on his injuries? Otherwise, I'd blame Hurtt because he's usable as a pass rusher. Scheme it so that we can have Love, Diggs, and Adams on the field at the same time. Not like our LB's are so great that one can't sit....

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
Who do you blame most for the current Jamal Adams situation? This whole thing has blown up into an unfortunate nightmare.

We can discuss how to crawl out from underneath the rubble of this trade disaster, but someone deserves the finger pointed at them. Who is it?
Pete Carroll outranks Schneider, and Pete is also way older which puts him more in the "win now and worry about the future later" camp.

The bad moves that have been made have largely been because Pete wants to "win forever" and it has come at the expense of future success.

We are no closer to having a real replacement for Russell, nor do we have the draft capital to get one. The front office hasn't even been willing to take chances on late round QBs so we don't really have anyone in the development pipeline.

The Seahawks are now in the position that dooms teams to long periods of mediocrity. They refuse to rebuild, but they lack the talent to really compete. They will remain in the 7-10 win area until they either rebuild or break through with an awesome draft class or two. They can't tell if they are up or down, which always results in stupid moves that make no sense.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
JS signed both the trade deal and the extension. Both were so far outside the bounds of acceptability that it would be a fireable offense if looked at by a disinterested party.
I really do view moves like the Harvin trade and Adams trade as fireable offenses.
No trade is guaranteed to be successful, but some trades are so outrageous and have such a small chance of success that you have to seriously question the judgment of the people who approved it.

What is really frustrating to me is that the Hawks flat out SUCK when it comes to big moves. They may actually be the worst in the league.

Is there any team worse at drafting players in the 1st round? Probably not.
Is there any team that consistently wastes 1st rounders when trading for players? I can't think of any.

If you suck at drafting 1st rounders then TRADE IT every year.
If you suck at trading 1st rounders for veterans, THEN STOP DOING IT.

The Hawks build up the team and work the salary cap with tons of small moves that add up, and then they blow it all on big moves that don't make sense.

Penny-wise and pound-foolish

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I am curious who has been initiating the drafts and trades...that have focused so much more on specialty players vs getting a solid baseline in the trenches. Is it JS or is PC?
You aren't curious. You are asking a rhetorical question in a snotty manner.

It's perfectly possible for a good GM to initiate a trade and that player decide he's not going to put in the effort.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I blame myself, but since I was not an option, it is Jerhawk since he did not put me down as an option.

Latest posts