Poll: Who to blame for Adams fiasco?

Who do you blame for Jamal Adams situation?

• Total voters

keasley45

Reaction score
Can we place blame on his injuries? Otherwise, I'd blame Hurtt because he's usable as a pass rusher. Scheme it so that we can have Love, Diggs, and Adams on the field at the same time. Not like our LB's are so great that one can't sit....

The challenge there is that opposing teams can audible. If they see us begin to use Jamal that way, and our edge play is already dubious (jamal typically comes off the edge), then they play personnel that allows them to go to a run play and run right at him. It's pretty plain to see now that he's not 100%. His tackles aren't consistently solid and he can't shed blockers the way he used to. Teams have also simply thrown over him when we've tried to blitz him and hit us on big plays with screens. If we had a legit threat on the other side to rush the passer, that would help. Or, if we had a solid DE to set the edge he blitzes from, that would help. But Nwosu was both of those things and we have struggled to make up for his loss.

I do believe there's a better way to use him at times, but I dont think I can fault Hurtt, for THAT. There’s plenty more to push blame on him for, however.

flv2

Reaction score
Adams was a great player in his time with the Jets. He was never a conventional S. The Seahawks needed a pass rusher rather than an unconventional S who didn't fit their scheme. I think the Seahawks overpaid in the trade by 400-450 points on the Draft chart. If your team believes in long/5 year 2nd contracts and forcing players to abide by them then the extension for Adams was at a fair market price. I don't blame anyone for injuries. I expect Adams to sign a minimum wage departure contract before Week 18 that includes a guaranteed opt-out clause. This would allow Adams to be a FA on the market for the start of free agency and allow the Seahawks to maximise the June 1 cap cut regulations. This wouldn't rule out a return at a fair market value. He won't find a big FA offer and retirement may also be an option. If he's healthy enough to play, wants to play, and is an upgrade on the next man up then let him play. Otherwise, thanks for the memories.

Either way fire Jerhawk. (y);)

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I have been giving this more thought and like anything it's not so simple.

JS - He made the trade, which wasn't a bad trade in the beginning but the amount of draft capital given was insane for the position not to mention knowing you would have to re-sign the player shortly after for a large contract on top. Just not the trade you would make unless you took someone's star QB or Pass Rusher (which is the only time you give up that much for a player).
PC - He utilized JA in a way that didn't match his skillset
JA - He refused to work on his weaknesses as a player (too focused on the big hit vs wrap and tackle) and he could have possibly done more to prevent injuries (there are always reports about the athletes who seem to be ironmen compared to their fellow athletes that they do off the field to stay limber, excess warm ups and stretches, also knowing their own limits when they are back to 100% truthfully or not). Some athletes will also take ballet or do martial arts to once again just be more limber (which prevents injuries) and also condition their instinct on ways to hit the ground (especially if you took basic Judo).

evergreen

Reaction score
I chose other.
#1. We knew we overpaid. We also knew those were Covid drafts so not true college season players and so forth.
#2 What we didn’t know was what we got. Not what was advertised. He was pretty awesome the first year
#3 If RW didn’t suck in that Ram game who knows! But one and done after 6-0 start and 12-4 record blows.
#4. Who knew he had stone hands? I thought he was Kam and Earl material. He just isn’t. We got burned. Bad. But it was a lot of things.