Quandre Diggs: Seahawks not in rebuild mode

Mizak

Reaction score

"I've just got to trust in what I've been told and what we've talked about," he said. "It's kind of hard to see Pete want a full rebuild. It's just the way he's wired, the way he's triggered, he's all about competing and winning every day. That's always been his deal. For me to think that he's not in it to win it, it would be crazy for me to believe that. For me, I'm just trusting in what I've been told and I'm going to do my job to make sure it's not a rebuild and just go out there and make plays and try to help as much as I can."

trusting in what you’ve been told can lead to mistakes being made.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

"I've just got to trust in what I've been told and what we've talked about," he said. "It's kind of hard to see Pete want a full rebuild. It's just the way he's wired, the way he's triggered, he's all about competing and winning every day. That's always been his deal. For me to think that he's not in it to win it, it would be crazy for me to believe that. For me, I'm just trusting in what I've been told and I'm going to do my job to make sure it's not a rebuild and just go out there and make plays and try to help as much as I can."

trusting in what you’ve been told can lead to mistakes being made.
I don't think Carroll sees it as a rebuild either. We've been resigning or signing a lot of veteran players. Usually rebuilding teams don't do that. Unfortunately this is going to tank Carroll in the long run. This roster is in rough shape at the moment, even with a QB I don't think it would be very competitive. We're also undergoing a massive philosophy shift on defense. I think it would have been the perfect time to keep a few core young players and blow it all up. I don't like these half measures that the team is taking. The signings, players we're keeping, all of it is what we'd do in a regular offseason when we had Russell Wilson.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No way in Hell does Pete think he's in full rebuild mode. Say what you want about the man but he's always about trying to win and win now. I've never doubted that.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The distinction is that 'rebuild mode' includes the connotation that it's fine for teams to lose games. Allegedly that's even been monetarily encouraged at times, with Brian Flores recently claiming that he was offered money to lose games with the Dolphins. That doesn't exactly mesh with Pete's philosophy.

So far we are doing the important parts of a rebuild by adding draft capital and investing in the future. If Pete also wants to win seven games this year and cost themselves a top 3 draft pick then that's OK with me. I respect trying to win more than I do tanking.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Pete feels he can do both at the same time, why it's not a rebuild in his eyes. He will do 500 transactions if necessary to accomplish this. How many wins this churns out, well I won't say because it is spitballing at this point. But concede is not in Pete's nature, we could be 2 - 15 and he would still say we were competing, just how he is.

Frozenropers1

Reaction score
What I see is the team transitioning back to what Pete thinks wins….he wants a top defense and a ball control / big play offense. On defense we are seeing them transition away from KNJ (finally!) lead defense And more to a traditional 3-4 set. On offense we are going back to pounding the ball, and taking big shots down the field on play action, IMO. This is actually what won us the SuperBowl. Schneider and Pete were able to build that before, we are going got see if they can do it a second time.

Latest posts