Raiders release C Rodney Hudson

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Fade":3awh34o3 said:
Tom Cable coasted while having a veteran laden O-Line. It didn't sit well with him, he wants to make his mark. R.I.P. David Carr.
I legit spit out my water there.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Seattle needs to make a serious run at this guy. As far as well there will be more cuts do to salary cap no need to rush to sign players i'm not buying that i don't want a repeat of last year. They need to be more aggressive.

Forthewin

Reaction score
This is an OL game changer. No body agonizes over the OL more then me, you can't win if you can't move the ball. If they sign this guy, it will save me a few therapy sessions!

Fade

Reaction score
Hudson would be a really big deal if they can get him. 4 of their projected 5 starters on the O-Line would be good to great, with only the LG position needing to be filled. Get Gabe Jackson and wow. Let me dream.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2sz5h8jv said:
Several here are not getting that reality yet.

There are going to be more cuts to come as teams significantly over the cap are forced to part ways with players they’d otherwise try to keep.

That said Hudson would be a nice add for the Hawks.

Yes, tomorrow is the final cap day. However, waiting for tomorrow and two or three teams having to do some deep cuts while skipping on over 100 players that have already signed is a mistake.

Own The West

Reaction score
Fade":32d6q4vq said:
Hudson would be a really big deal if they can get him. 4 of their projected 5 starters on the O-Line would be good to great, with only the LG position needing to be filled. Get Gabe Jackson and wow. Let me dream.

Hudson and Jackson both averaged about $11M. And we still have to (hopefully) get Dunlap back. I'm not sure we can do it, even with a Wilson restructure.

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
Own The West":3m3qqozs said:
Fade":3m3qqozs said:

Hudson and Jackson both averaged about $11M. And we still have to (hopefully) get Dunlap back. I'm not sure we can do it, even with a Wilson restructure.

Irvin and Mayowa will be healthy this upcoming season so Seahawks don’t need Dunlap. Go after Jackson and Hudson.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3trc0xhf said:
Well if they are planning on helping out Wilson or potentially Geno they gotta try for a few of these guys.

What's the current take on our O-line we have now and

What needs to be done?

What do you all think will be done?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Vesuve":2nryz0tv said:
Cyrus12":2nryz0tv said:
Well if they are planning on helping out Wilson or potentially Geno they gotta try for a few of these guys.

What's the current take on our O-line we have now and

What needs to be done?

What do you all think will be done?

Jackson and Hudson could be very beneficial. Use the money there. If not atleast David Andrew's and gabe jackson. Our dline could be fine with taylor/robinson, collier/green/jefferson back?, obviously reed/poona/mone at dt plus a free agent elder statesman.

Then we could focus on cb and addition oline only in draft. If we could sign anyone else fa...look at d.king, Poole, Hayward as corners. We would be golden. Specially if we obtained a few proven big uglies.

GDKOZAR

Reaction score
Please Pete and John GET Rodney & Gabe!!! They are both really good and would be HUGE ADDITIONS!!!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1372255516165029891[/tweet]

Appears the release wasn't official. Raiders trying to move him for decent draft return now.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps the excitement here over the potential opportunity to acquire a quality OC was premature.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372274227525607434[/tweet]

................ see the Poona Ford signing forced their hand.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seattle with multiple holes and limited draft capital just wasn't in a position to give up a day 2 pick for the right to take on Hudson and his salary, honestly.

Lots of free agent centers available that don't cost draft picks to sign, and are probably overall better values anyway. Hudson is great, but an improvement on Pocic + keeping the third rounder (or, rather, whatever equivalent value Seattle would have to fork over in lieu of the third that AZ gave) and saving some money is better.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hate the Cards getting a guy like this. But, a 3rd rounder sent to the Faiders. Not really something the Hawks could do with so little draft picks imo.

misfit

Reaction score
I glad yall can be so positive rays of sunshine when our rival just picked up one of the best centers in football and we still have no lg or center

Jville

Reaction score
Some of us are not wandering around in the dark. We've seen how this all works.

knownone

Reaction score
I'm keeping an eye on the Raider's moves. They appear to be stockpiling picks to make a move up in the draft. Normally, I wouldn't think anything of this, but since they are one of the teams on Russell's list, it's worth watching.

Here's the thing, the trade value chart made it pretty easy to know a trade to the Bears impossible. Unfortunately, that's not true for the Raiders. If they trade Carr for picks, they'd have enough draft capital to make a move.