Russ ands his teammates

chris98251

Reaction score
DK has Dallas written all over him, Jerry will sell the bank for him when he is available.

Russell is a Corporate guy, he will protect the team, don't think his press conferences are an indication of how he really feels.

Much like Pete's you won't get much unless you can read between the lines, watch his emotions during games etc. I do know I seen him alone more on the sidelines then I can remember during the Rams game.

One last thing, if there had been fans in the stands you would of heard the boo's coming out heavily last Saturday. That does affect Pete.

Smellyman

Reaction score
It's Schotty Schotty Schotty. (Pete needs to be hands off the O)

Every seen a receiver schemed open like SF, LAR, KC etc. No.

Schotty makes everything difficult. rarely moves the pocket, rarely runs misdirection, can't draw up a screen worth crap, reverses scoff, keep in RO?..no.

This isn't early 90s Dallas OL. They can't mash. Stressing the D to think and use their eyes isn't a bad thing.

Giant play sheet for 4 different runs up the middle and go long.

He couldn't scheme his way out of checkers with a 5 year old

Scorpion05

Reaction score
steelhead_fishn":2v7dij0f said:
My hypothesis, which is probably incorrect, is that Russ’s limitations coupled with a lack of accountability when we fail as a result of his limitations costs him the respect of his teammates. Everyone around him had to execute at a world class level while he gets paid at a world class level, but fails to consistent execute on the basics.

Russ does exceptional things that other QBs could never do, but he seems to be unable to consistently do the things that every other QB in the league can do. He only uses about 35% of the nfl route tree, on third down and short he never makes the easy throw, and he doesn’t seem to see guys that are wide open and past the sticks.

As a result everyone around him has to compensate.

When the defense holds a team to under 16 points and we lose (LOB days), Russ needs to step up and say I screwed up today. This was on me.

Maybe even more than owning it, I think his teammates need to see him adapt.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You had it right in the first sentence.

If the locker room feels that his "limitations" loses their respect. When they were on record for the worst defense in the league for HALF the season, they are terrible human beings.

If they believe the QB who has been 1st or 2nd in the league in TD passes for 3-4 years now, is not pulling his weight, they're not smart.

If we are making non-factual claims about Wilson using only 35% of the NFL route tree, being bad on 3rd down his entire career, and doesn't pass to wide open guys, then we're living in a world of alternative facts. We have more than half a dozen games proving that Wilson can make short and intermediate quick throws. We have Wilson surviving and playing well with JOEY HUNT as his center. Fans are one thing. Anyone in that locker room, who sees Wilson grind out every game, every season. Playing through an entire season once with a torn pectoral and injured MCL, is garbage. And their lack of respect for him is out of spite.

Fans I expect over the top things from, there has never been a year that Wilson wasn't bashed by a segment of fans. But the locker room? That's hate and other biases. Pure and simple

Scorpion05

Reaction score
keasley45":24ul2ai8 said:
Scorpion05":24ul2ai8 said:
rjdriver":24ul2ai8 said:
Sgt. Largent":24ul2ai8 said:
Btw, these are all good traits you want in a leader, and I bet Russ would be the first person to tell you that he wasn't good enough, and hasn't been for the last half of the season.

Would he though? Has he? I'm not disagreeing with you, it's just I haven't really heard much of him saying he's not playing well enough to get it done.

Admittedly, I don't live within the local Seattle media boundaries so he may he give honest self critiques more of often than not, however..

I'll I ever hear him say is how much harder he works than everyone and that he is always is the first one in the film room and the last guy to leave and how special the team is.

Sometimes it feels like Russ spent about a decade under the tutelage of Crash Davis.... always a maxim, never honest assessment. Sometimes durings interviews he gets confused and ahead of himself and starts repeating the same cliche over and over at about a mile a minute instead of answering the question.

No matter what you ask him...depending on the year...the answer will be..

"The Preparation is in the Separation"
"Why not us"
"Stay in the moment"
"Always Persevere and have great purpose"
"I don't have highs and lows because I play for Him (God)"

I'll say it (and I love Russ). Sometimes it's easy to question his authenticity and his motive. The essence of leadership is trust (speaking of maxims), and I'm sure there are and have been players who don't fully trust that Russ is authentically accountable and not more concerned with his brand.

But heck...who am I to judge. Best QB in our history and I'm grateful for him.

Wilson sounds no different than Peyton Manning, Eli, or even Brady in most press conferences or interviews. There is this strange, almost troubling expectation for Wilson to speak differently. He can’t be cliche (like other QBs). He must somehow speak more “authentically” to be taken seriously. To not be called “corny.” It’s a really, truly ridiculous standard from a character standpoint that most QBs are not held to

no, actually he sounds completely different than them. He gives basically the same answers every interview. There are rarely specifics about circumstances that resulted in a given outcome. there's rarely nuance in his answers. You can count on it being basically that god was looking out for him, he just works really hard, trusts his preparation, never gives up, keeps on believing... and thats it in a nutshell. thats the same answer you'll get if you they win by 20 or by 2.

It is completely different than most any other qb interview. doesnt make it wrong, but its also not very deep, not very specific, not informative at all and as a result, people feel he lacks authenticity. The media is trying to get his story about what happened in a game or a given situation during the game. It would be natural to get frustrated when you never get anything deep. He's almost the opposite side of the same coin from a guy like coach Belichek. He is also very ... blah, not very nuanced, very generic in his answers. And he gets roasted for it the same way Russ does. But he does it in a 'i dont care if you dont like it' kind of way whereas Russ is always positive and excited to tell you how its just all preparation and the lord's will all the time. But neither of them are the typical interview.

Again, this isn't factual. This is bias.

Those quarterbacks give very cliche answers, and nothing for the media to chew on. He is not the only QB to be judged like this, Cam Newton and Donovan McNabb have been accused of not being "authentic." It's weird.

Brady and the Patriots RARELY gave the media anything. "We're focused on the next team, they played well. Did nice things, etc. etc."And Belichick does not get roasted for it. People laugh at how dismissive he is to the press and it gets excused because he's the GOAT.

Wilson is criticized for giving the same, basic cliche answers and has his character questioned for that? I'm sorry, that's disturbing. And people really need to examine why they're judging Wilson differently. Hardly any QBs in the league give complex answers. And he's a positive person, that is who he genuinely is and always been. Why can't you and others accept that?? Why try to read into something that he isn't?

He's optimistic, you calm him fake. He's uplifting, you call him fake. He says things in his press conference like "They did some good things, but I believe in our guys." And you choose to find the most negative way to spin it. And it doesn't occur to you to ask if you're being biased.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawaii-hawk":2rd55vqc said:
Imo it’s Peteball. A coach that’s “always compete” on the defensive side of the ball and “I don’t care how we play till the 4th quarter” on the offensive side of the ball creates a huge rift in mentalities between the two sides that understandably makes Wilson, as its biggest reflection in offensive philosophy, an easy and obvious target.

Add to that that the end result in virtually every game we play in, regardless of opponent quality, is a rollercoaster nail biter game hinging on 1 or 2 plays or ref calls and have that carry over year after year with disappointing and frustrating quick exits from the playoffs and what you get is a recipe for a huge division in the locker room.

We as fans are pulling our hairs out while watching just 16 three-hour games every year. Imagine what these guys have to deal with living and breathing these complete polar opposite philosophies every day and having Wilson be the Yes Man to it all. Throw in his annoyingly grating positive cliche catchphrases whitewashing the whole thing and I imagine it gets even a bit personal.

But this is just me speculating of course.
Excellent points. Great post.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawaii-hawk":2n6adhsy said:
Imo it’s Peteball. A coach that’s “always compete” on the defensive side of the ball and “I don’t care how we play till the 4th quarter” on the offensive side of the ball creates a huge rift in mentalities between the two sides that understandably makes Wilson, as its biggest reflection in offensive philosophy, an easy and obvious target.

Add to that that the end result in virtually every game we play in, regardless of opponent quality, is a rollercoaster nail biter game hinging on 1 or 2 plays or ref calls and have that carry over year after year with disappointing and frustrating quick exits from the playoffs and what you get is a recipe for a huge division in the locker room.

We as fans are pulling our hairs out while watching just 16 three-hour games every year. Imagine what these guys have to deal with living and breathing these complete polar opposite philosophies every day and having Wilson be the Yes Man to it all. Throw in his annoyingly grating positive cliche catchphrases whitewashing the whole thing and I imagine it gets even a bit personal.

But this is just me speculating of course.
Excellent points. Great post.

keasley45

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1zfuryfr said:
keasley45":1zfuryfr said:
Scorpion05":1zfuryfr said:
rjdriver":1zfuryfr said:
Would he though? Has he? I'm not disagreeing with you, it's just I haven't really heard much of him saying he's not playing well enough to get it done.

Admittedly, I don't live within the local Seattle media boundaries so he may he give honest self critiques more of often than not, however..

I'll I ever hear him say is how much harder he works than everyone and that he is always is the first one in the film room and the last guy to leave and how special the team is.

Sometimes it feels like Russ spent about a decade under the tutelage of Crash Davis.... always a maxim, never honest assessment. Sometimes durings interviews he gets confused and ahead of himself and starts repeating the same cliche over and over at about a mile a minute instead of answering the question.

No matter what you ask him...depending on the year...the answer will be..

"The Preparation is in the Separation"
"Why not us"
"Stay in the moment"
"Always Persevere and have great purpose"
"I don't have highs and lows because I play for Him (God)"

I'll say it (and I love Russ). Sometimes it's easy to question his authenticity and his motive. The essence of leadership is trust (speaking of maxims), and I'm sure there are and have been players who don't fully trust that Russ is authentically accountable and not more concerned with his brand.

But heck...who am I to judge. Best QB in our history and I'm grateful for him.

Wilson sounds no different than Peyton Manning, Eli, or even Brady in most press conferences or interviews. There is this strange, almost troubling expectation for Wilson to speak differently. He can’t be cliche (like other QBs). He must somehow speak more “authentically” to be taken seriously. To not be called “corny.” It’s a really, truly ridiculous standard from a character standpoint that most QBs are not held to

no, actually he sounds completely different than them. He gives basically the same answers every interview. There are rarely specifics about circumstances that resulted in a given outcome. there's rarely nuance in his answers. You can count on it being basically that god was looking out for him, he just works really hard, trusts his preparation, never gives up, keeps on believing... and thats it in a nutshell. thats the same answer you'll get if you they win by 20 or by 2.

It is completely different than most any other qb interview. doesnt make it wrong, but its also not very deep, not very specific, not informative at all and as a result, people feel he lacks authenticity. The media is trying to get his story about what happened in a game or a given situation during the game. It would be natural to get frustrated when you never get anything deep. He's almost the opposite side of the same coin from a guy like coach Belichek. He is also very ... blah, not very nuanced, very generic in his answers. And he gets roasted for it the same way Russ does. But he does it in a 'i dont care if you dont like it' kind of way whereas Russ is always positive and excited to tell you how its just all preparation and the lord's will all the time. But neither of them are the typical interview.

Again, this isn't factual. This is bias.

Those quarterbacks give very cliche answers, and nothing for the media to chew on. He is not the only QB to be judged like this, Cam Newton and Donovan McNabb have been accused of not being "authentic." It's weird.

Brady and the Patriots RARELY gave the media anything. "We're focused on the next team, they played well. Did nice things, etc. etc."And Belichick does not get roasted for it. People laugh at how dismissive he is to the press and it gets excused because he's the GOAT.

Wilson is criticized for giving the same, basic cliche answers and has his character questioned for that? I'm sorry, that's disturbing. And people really need to examine why they're judging Wilson differently. Hardly any QBs in the league give complex answers. And he's a positive person, that is who he genuinely is and always been. Why can't you and others accept that?? Why try to read into something that he isn't?

He's optimistic, you calm him fake. He's uplifting, you call him fake. He says things in his press conference like "They did some good things, but I believe in our guys." And you choose to find the most negative way to spin it. And it doesn't occur to you to ask if you're being biased.

Is this Russel? Cmon man. Seriously? Now youre singling out Black QB's and turning this into a race thing about how Russ should talk. No. Everyone that i know comments specifically on Wilson. I dont care if he's a positive person, a spiritual person, or whatever. Sometimes i, like the media, look forward to knowing what he saw or was thinking, about some critical aspect of a game he just played and he just gives the same answer. I dont know whats so hard to understand about that. It doesnt have to be a dissertation, but something other than the canned responses would be cool every now and again (and he has opened up more on occassion) And when Belicheck does THAT, it pisses me off too. And when Brady does THAT, it pisses me off too. But ususally they do it when there's something controversial they dont want to talk about. Russel does it all the time. Its like watching a politician, pre-election, fearful of saying anything out of turn.

Hey Russ - How did you see lockett in the flat after you tripped, spun around backwards and were running ito the otherside of the field?
Answer - its just about the preparation , and i just give thanks to God. I just trusted my preparation and the process.

Russel - what was it that you saw in the defense that allowed you to change your approach on the game winning drive in the 4th qtr?

Answer - its just about the preparation. Separation in preparation. Just trust the process. And i have a great biunch of guys around me....

Russ - Can you tell us specifically what you and the offense worked on this week to prep for this big game?

Answer - Its always about thr preparation. We have a great bunch of Guys making great plays... Theirs Tyler and DK - the best receiver in football making plays...

ITS JUST NOT NUANCED. Its the same 4 or 5 answers all the time. Its nothing negative. Its just about as universal an observation as their is about the guy and NOBODY pans him for it. The dude is adored. Its a quirk.

Theres nothing disturbing about it. Nor is it profiling or stereotypical of criticism leveled at Black QBs; (and that's something that i'm definetly sensitive to because i'm black myself).

Its like you cant say anything at all that can be even remotely construed as critical of the guy without being called a hater or a Russel basher. Dude is the BEST QB that ever put on a Hawks uni. He's also quirky. He's a generational talent, and he's also flawed. he's won us a ton of games and been responsible for losing us some too. RW is a human football player. Not the savior of humanity or the sport.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
PackerNation":afjjnfir said:
This is on the OC, IMO. You have to make adjustments at half time and do whatever you can to minimize the effect of the defensive strengths. In this case the Ram DL.

Russ missed guys wide open over the top. Why don't they design more backside rollouts for Russ and hit the TE across the middle? max protection and let the WR's win the 1v1 battles downfield. Hawks WR's > Rams DB's

Not the 'Hawks best game and blame can be spread all over but I think the OC didn't maximize his play calling in this one.

Metcalf is great and Lockett is really good, but they're not better than Ramsey and Darious Williams.

I'm not sure if it's a West coast thing or what but for some reason a lot of people don't realize how good our secondary is. CB play is hard to judge but I think Williams was even better than Ramsey in passer rating allowed. John Johnson is also one of the best safeties in the NFL but gets no recognition. Troy Hill is a very good NCB too.

Granted our pass rush was part of the reason why, but over three games our CBs definitely outplayed those WRs.

I don't think there's much anyone on Seattle could do offensively - that pick by Williams was just an insane defensive play, and it's on the front office for forcing Wilson to play our DL every year without a better OL.

And once you take a step back and look at it, Seattle's offense basically performed the same across all three games. In all three they had 13 points late in the fourth quarter, and in all three they scored late - in the first and third games, it was garbage time points. In the second it was a game sealing TD. Their best yardage output was the first game, which they ironically scored the fewest points in.

Their defense performed best in the second game, coupled with them not turning the ball over. In the first and third games, their defense was bad against the pass and then the run, and turned the ball over twice, which is why neither game was all that close.

Which is all to say, their offense had no answer for our defense across three games. I find it hard to blame the OC when that was the case - I suppose you could say they should have gone to a run heavy game plan more, but that's taking the ball away from their two best players.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Ramfan128":jdz8bua0 said:
PackerNation":jdz8bua0 said:
This is on the OC, IMO. You have to make adjustments at half time and do whatever you can to minimize the effect of the defensive strengths. In this case the Ram DL.

Russ missed guys wide open over the top. Why don't they design more backside rollouts for Russ and hit the TE across the middle? max protection and let the WR's win the 1v1 battles downfield. Hawks WR's > Rams DB's

Not the 'Hawks best game and blame can be spread all over but I think the OC didn't maximize his play calling in this one.

Metcalf is great and Lockett is really good, but they're not better than Ramsey and Darious Williams.

I'm not sure if it's a West coast thing or what but for some reason a lot of people don't realize how good our secondary is. CB play is hard to judge but I think Williams was even better than Ramsey in passer rating allowed. John Johnson is also one of the best safeties in the NFL but gets no recognition. Troy Hill is a very good NCB too.

Granted our pass rush was part of the reason why, but over three games our CBs definitely outplayed those WRs.

I don't think there's much anyone on Seattle could do offensively - that pick by Williams was just an insane defensive play, and it's on the front office for forcing Wilson to play our DL every year without a better OL.

And once you take a step back and look at it, Seattle's offense basically performed the same across all three games. In all three they had 13 points late in the fourth quarter, and in all three they scored late - in the first and third games, it was garbage time points. In the second it was a game sealing TD. Their best yardage output was the first game, which they ironically scored the fewest points in.

Their defense performed best in the second game, coupled with them not turning the ball over. In the first and third games, their defense was bad against the pass and then the run, and turned the ball over twice, which is why neither game was all that close.

Which is all to say, their offense had no answer for our defense across three games. I find it hard to blame the OC when that was the case - I suppose you could say they should have gone to a run heavy game plan more, but that's taking the ball away from their two best players.

I didn't watch the 49ers vs Rams games this season. How was it that they swept you? Not trolling, just curious.

hawker84

Reaction score
Could it be that Wilson is just a douchey guy to be around? Yes he's a good person, a great humanitarian, a person of faith and everything wonderful a person can be. But sorry, he gives off a creepy vibe at times.... maybe some of the guys just don't like being around him? :stirthepot:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I hesitated posting this info but with Russ' character being attacked lately I think it's worthy to post:

My neighbor's daughter's boyfriend worked as the valet manager for a very well known restaurant in Bellevue where they dealt with a lot of Seahawks players, former and current. You would be surprised who he said was the biggest douche of all...I won't say his name publicly but he is a very well known former Seahawk who is beloved by most 12's. He said sadly that many of the Seahawks players are not very good tippers or not very friendly. He said the same about a lot of Mariners for the record...

Anyhow, he did point out that Russell Wilson was and is a very nice guy, just like you see him on TV.

And Lockett is a great tipper and Lynch always tipped $100 every single time.

John63

Reaction score
Aros":sjuml5om said:
I hesitated posting this info but with Russ' character being attacked lately I think it's worthy to post:

My neighbor's daughter's boyfriend worked as the valet manager for a very well known restaurant in Bellevue where they dealt with a lot of Seahawks players, former and current. You would be surprised who he said was the biggest douche of all...I won't say his name publicly but he is a very well known former Seahawk who is beloved by most 12's. He said sadly that many of the Seahawks players are not very good tippers or not very friendly. He said the same about a lot of Mariners for the record...

Anyhow, he did point out that Russell Wilson was and is a very nice guy, just like you see him on TV.

And Lockett is a great tipper and Lynch always tipped $100 every single time.

Oops your in trouble now, there is no saying anything good about Wilson. :sarcasm_off:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a bummer he has become Satan to so much of the fanbase. It's just plain sad, confusing and ridiculous.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18mq56q8 said:
It's a bummer he has become Satan to so much of the fanbase. It's just plain sad, confusing and ridiculous.

Yup it is.

Rainger

Reaction score
There are 12 threads debating how the blame pie should be sliced, that is not the intent of this thread. Rather, I am curious to get folks perspective on the thematic issue with Russ vs his teammates that has spanned several groups of players.

In every version of Wilson’s’ Seahawks there have been star players throwing shade at Russ. This is fascinating given how much collective success the team and the individual players have had alongside Wilson. The LOB was frustrated with Russ and the offense and we saw the sideline meltdowns. Doug has and continues to pick at Russ. The latest is DKs sideline meltdown and Chris unfollowing Russ. This doesn’t seem to happen to other franchise quarterbacks in the NFL. There is sufficient evidence that something is amiss around Russ, but I have no idea what it is.

I’m curious as to what you folks think

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CIARA! All started after he got with her. Meghan Markle clone.