Russ Fatigue

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score

ducks41468

Reaction score
I follow the main news/social media sites of the team and wouldn't even know about 90% of this stuff if we didn't have people on this board incessantly complaining about it. Like the same people that are complaining are the ones spending an hour+ a day scouring TMZ, Ciara's social media, random Christian sites, etc for any reason to get their panties in a twist.

Rat

Reaction score
I don't care what he does off the field, in the sense of how it relates to the team. Like, I wouldn't support Carroll or Schneider telling him that he shouldn't do things like this, but his off-field persona and the trash he pushes makes me not like him as a person. I'll root for him as long as he's a Seahawk, but I can't pretend that I don't wish he had been traded. I don't like rooting for him, honestly. He's probably not even in my top 20 favorite QBs in the league.

Rat

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":2qed5cg6 said:
ddores":2qed5cg6 said:
I know, I know - franchise dude and all, protect and retain him at all costs - yada yada yada.

Love me some number 3 - but honestly, I get tired of this stuff:

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/entert...son-and-wife-worshipping-in-church-goes-viral

Am I alone? Just sling the rock for F sakes.

He goes to church. BFD. So does half of America. How does that matter, lol??

I'll take that over PED's, crime, drugs, and assault any day of the week

I'd much prefer he did PEDs or drugs. Those are far less toxic than what he pushes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You don't like rooting for the best QB this team has ever had? You don't like rooting for the QB of your team?
That's just effin strange man. Because you don't like him, you want him to fail? Does it bother you that he's one of the most successful QB's in league history over his first 9 seasons? I have a feeling it does. Damn, that's odd AF man.

sutz

Reaction score
I find all the religious crap to be somewhat annoying, so I don't go to Christian broadcasting and media sites to seek it out.

:229031_shrug:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, very easy to change the station and/or just avoid it. Doesn't seem that hard to do. The fact that so many people are bothered by a guy who hasn't done sh** to anyone else is pretty sad. And like I said, it's strange to say the least. Meanwhile, guys who have blasted teammates and coaches ON THE FIELD, held out for contracts, flipped off coaches, caused chaos in the locker room etc. get worshipped around here.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Rat":1tob5pvz said:
RastaHawk12!":1tob5pvz said:
ddores":1tob5pvz said:
I know, I know - franchise dude and all, protect and retain him at all costs - yada yada yada.

Love me some number 3 - but honestly, I get tired of this stuff:

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/entert...son-and-wife-worshipping-in-church-goes-viral

Am I alone? Just sling the rock for F sakes.

He goes to church. BFD. So does half of America. How does that matter, lol??

I'll take that over PED's, crime, drugs, and assault any day of the week

I'd much prefer he did PEDs or drugs. Those are far less toxic than what he pushes.

Lol... Brilliant. Suspensions are good too. I guess you'd rather have the face of the franchise getting arrested in the middle of the night, wasted, kicking in doors. Yeah, screw that guy who visits dying children instead of that stuff.

Seriously the most well thought out post of the thread. :sarcasm_off:

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":8951n28h said:
You don't like rooting for the best QB this team has ever had? You don't like rooting for the QB of your team?
That's just effin strange man. Because you don't like him, you want him to fail? Does it bother you that he's one of the most successful QB's in league history over his first 9 seasons? I have a feeling it does. Damn, that's odd AF man.

I love him as a player. He's an ultimate leader, magician holding the ball, he has perfected his craft and has no discernable weaknesses. We were fortunate that history of shorter QBs scared enough of the league off for us to get him in the third round. He's a future first ballot HOFer, easily.

But no, I don't like rooting for him. I think he's a phony. He's one of 53 players on the team though; and based on probability, there will likely always be at least one player on the team I don't care for off the field. I'm not going to quit rooting for the team because I don't like the off-field persona of 1/53rd of their players.

BTW, I never said I wanted him to fail. That's an embarrassing straw man, even for you.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":f0v1kw73 said:
SoulfishHawk":f0v1kw73 said:

I love him as a player. He's an ultimate leader, magician holding the ball, he has perfected his craft and has no discernable weaknesses. We were fortunate that history of shorter QBs scared enough of the league off for us to get him in the third round. He's a future first ballot HOFer, easily.

But no, I don't like rooting for him. I think he's a phony. He's one of 53 players on the team though; and based on probability, there will likely always be at least one player on the team I don't care for off the field. I'm not going to quit rooting for the team because I don't like the off-field persona of 1/53rd of their players.

BTW, I never said I wanted him to fail. That's an embarrassing straw man, even for you.

Corny, overly polished and image conscious, corporate, maybe even a light dusting of pretentiousness.

But phony? I don't see that with Russell. I just see a guy who's VERY concerned about his brand and image, and that comes across as eye rolling and corny in most of the social media he pumps out.

Now if he gets caught next year with a Las Vegas hotel room full of hookers and blow, then I'll apologize.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Peyton Manning has always been corny, he gets celebrated for it. Lord Rodgers might be the the most cocky/self-centered player in the league, people worship this guy. Meh, to each his/her own.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Rat":25nlathd said:

An example of how sad todays society is

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1jgb60tm said:
Now if he gets caught next year with a Las Vegas hotel room full of hookers and blow, then I'll apologize.

I wish. I'd change my daughter's name to "Russell" if that happened. I prefer flawed real people, to whatever this is that he wants us to think he is.

Rat

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3aixs11e said:
Rat":3aixs11e said:

An example of how sad todays society is

It's more sad that some phony pushing lies is revered.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Big surprise, highly successful people are neurotic/weird/sociopathic. More at 10

Rat

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":2gg1a1x1 said:
SoulfishHawk":2gg1a1x1 said:
Yeah, being positive and a good dude. We can't have that :?

Oh, god no! I'd much rather have the guy in Houston.

There are a lot of players in the league that aren't one of those two extremes. I don't wish Russ was rapist either.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Honest question, why do you care so much about what another person does in their own life?
How does it impact yours?
Has he done something to you personally?
Why so obsessed with what someone else believes in? He's not pushing it on you one bit.
You would like him more if he was a miserable human being? hmmmm