Russ was TRASH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I didn't know statistics were the only relevant measure for deciding good or bad play. McDonald's sells the most hamburgers statistically. Does that make them the best

You aren't mentioning he had an enormous amount of throws, 4th most in the league this week, so of course more yardage is to be expected. You aren't covering the whole story! Sad!

Check put Russell's pff rating: 54!

PFF has Geno rated higher than Patrick Mahomes, who threw for 350 yards and 5 TD's.

So please, for the sake of all that's good about sports discussion don't ever bring up PFF again.

If you want to believe Russ was trash, by all means go on with your bad self. But you're in the vast minority of fans, and alone on an island with the people who actually get paid to analyze football.

CPHawk

Reaction score
According to Pete & John she does! She didn’t pay RW and she didn’t fire Pete or John! Everything she’s done has been right!
Choke on it your wrong then move on!
No. She let them trade him because she didn’t like the way Russ looked in a Speedo.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Russ wasn't trash, I understand that he scorned us but he didn't play bad. Honestly, if Geno and Russ switched teams it probably would be the same result as last night.

Overall, Wilson was just meh, as was Geno in the second half of the game -- though some of it was probably Pete taking his foot off the gas.

The thing that was interesting about Wilson is I saw a lot more passes up the middle and more of a concerted effort to check the ball down on his part. Another thing I noticed is his deep passes looked... erm a bit off. His arm strength also didn't look quite like the Russell Wilson we have come to know. He threw a lot of floaters, and I know his moonball is kind of the calling card of Russ. He still looked to get impatient when there was no deep passes.

He looked very rusty and out of sorts, maybe even a bit out of shape. I also noticed that the Broncos had the same issues the Seahawks have had with taking the presnap down to practically zero.

Russell Wilson didn't play bad but he certainly didn't look good either. He looked very mid.

BamKam

Reaction score
PFF has Geno rated higher than Patrick Mahomes, who threw for 350 yards and 5 TD's.

So please, for the sake of all that's good about sports discussion don't ever bring up PFF again.

If you want to believe Russ was trash, by all means go on with your bad self. But you're in the vast minority of fans, and alone on an island with the people who actually get paid to analyze football.

He wasn’t trash but you can’t argue he was good either. He threw 12 balls inside the red zone… 0 touchdowns. He is being paid a quarter of a billion dollars to finish drives, not set up field goals. He did not have a good game last night.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
He wasn’t trash but you can’t argue he was good either. He threw 12 balls inside the red zone… 0 touchdowns. He is being paid a quarter of a billion dollars to finish drives, not set up field goals. He did not have a good game last night.

Three near INTs as well, two of them just outright drops by our defense. Russ did a good job of taking what the defense gave him, but didn't do nearly enough to justify his contract.

BamKam

Reaction score
Three near INTs as well, two of them just outright drops by our defense. Russ did a good job of taking what the defense gave him, but didn't do nearly enough to justify his contract.

Exactly and this is the issue that the people devoted to the church of Russ can’t wrap their heads around. No one thinks he is garbage but he certainly is not a guy who will hard carry your football team to a Super Bowl while eating up 25-30% of your total salary cap.

Fade

Reaction score
First of all, congrats to Geno Smith for playing like a BAMFer in the 1st half. Good for him. He morphed back into anemic Geno in the 2nd half as the Seahawks for some strange reason continued to throw more rather than run when Penny was highly effective and they had the lead.

Wilson played merely good, consistently getting the ball out to his backs and TEs, as Pete wasn't going to allow anything deep, something I was told he was incapable of doing many times on here.

He had about 5 TD passes wiped due to penalties, drops, and a TE not being able to keep his big toe inbounds. Denver never punted the whole night and outgained the Seahawks by 180 yards.

Stat of the week: QBs who played in the Pre-season vs. QBs who didn't were 6-1 this week.

Pete had the Seahawks ready to play while Denver looked rusty and were playing their 4th Pre-season game.

With that, I am worried about the defense. They can't get off the field, they continue to give up large chunks of yards on easy checkdowns. You cannot rely on getting two fumbles on the 1 yard line every week to barely squeak out games. Brooks was a ghost.

Seattle are now 8.5 point dogs to the 49ers next week who are playing with a high-schooler at QB. I was surprised to see the line was that big.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Exactly and this is the issue that the people devoted to the church of Russ can’t wrap their heads around. No one thinks he is garbage but he certainly is not a guy who will hard carry your football team to a Super Bowl while eating up 25-30% of your total salary cap.
No one? It's literally in the title of this post lol. And your final point.......the Russ haters are just as goofy as the ones who think he's done nothing wrong.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

No one? It's literally in the title of this post lol. And your final point.......the Russ haters are just as goofy as the ones who think he's done nothing wrong.
I said he was trash on Monday night not overall! He's an average/good player but on Monday he played terribly! Should have had 3 picks and 0 TDs! Cost his team a multitude of penalties. It's OK I'm just being objective. I also thought he was classy out there. But from my perspective he didn't play a good football game. Yes he gained some yards, but he also threw a huge number of passes (4th most in the league).

He mostly hit pretty simple dump offs. Should have had multiple turnovers. Couldn't score in the red zone or move the ball when it mattered most. Lost the game.

Yes, I think he was bad on Monday.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Well from my point of view is that Denver scoring less than 20 points is going to be tough in that division so hopefully they can fix that in the coming weeks. Mahomes has a varied passing attack this season. Raiders have added D. Adams who was a top five WR in the NFC and the Chargers with Herbert can really light up a score board in a hurry.

At some point RW is going to have to carry his team to a few wins based on how much he is being paid to stay competitive in a tough AFC division.
I think with #3 age and decreased mobility coupled with his height and visibility issues Seattle made a move at the right time. I dont hate him , I think he'll be fine. He forced Denver to pay him upfront.