Russ was TRASH

JPatera76

Reaction score
šŸ’Æ. Too many penalties and costly turnovers. We were lucky to escape with the win. But huge props to Geno and the rest of the boys they balled out tonight...
Iā€™ll take ā€œWhat excuses Denver fans make for 100$ Alexā€

Man your last 2 or 3 posts can kindly f-off lol way to minimize the W. Lol give bare minimum praise.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Geno did a good job tonight. But Denver beat themselves.
They made mistakes, but everyone forgets the mistakes Seattle made also. 1st and goal, got zero. Penny gets a big run and fumbles. We are moving the ball and DK fumbles. And Iā€™m my mind the biggest, was the dropped Int in the end zone.

Last edited:

strohmin

Reaction score
Peoples rhetoric about this game confuses meā€¦ full disclosure definitely game did not go how I expected, glad we somehow got the win.

But leading up to the game, all people could talk about is how Wilson ā€œcanā€™t play the short gameā€ and he will make all his mistakes trying to go long, etc. except, thatā€™s exactly what he did. Took what was there, marched the football up and down the field multiple times.

If Geno is on the offense with 2 RB fumbles inside the 10, Iā€™m sorry but Geno is losing that same game.

Itā€™s good to win the ā€œrevenge gameā€ of course, but I feel like a lot of people are being quite unrealistic on this RW stuff.
Bronco fans also said they were going to wipe the floor with Seattle. They said this was Russells preseason game and he was going to air it out with 6 tds. What happened? You wanted to run the offense your way and now you start dinking and dunking? They went with a 64 yard field goal instead of trusting Russell who went to Denver because he wanted more control of in-game decisions. Russell would have had 2 ints if our dbs could catch. Even the lucky td was underthrown and should have been intercepted.

Our defense is basically new and supposedly trash. Denvers defense is supposedly miles better. If you noticed why the fumbles happened, the offense was confused and late to snap and this falls squarely on Russells shoulder for having them unprepared for the noise.

Say what you want abour Geno but he didnt try to be a hero and made the necessary plays when needed while not putting the ball in harms way too much. Geno definitely outplayed wilson since seahawks defense is supposedly trash while denver's defense is supposedly superbowl bound.

strohmin

Reaction score
šŸ’Æ. Too many penalties and costly turnovers. We were lucky to escape with the win. But huge props to Geno and the rest of the boys they balled out tonight...
Hmmm I wonder how how? All I heard was how awesome their preparation was and how this would be the easiest game of their life. Even with beating themselves, they should have easily won this given how much trash they were talking about Geno and Seattle.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I'm not sure it was just the coach. I think if Russ had lobbied for a chance to go for it on 4th down, the coach would have gone with it.
Yeah. There seemed to be some indecision there. As the QB you have to take charge. Otherwise people might call you ā€œMr Limitedā€.

hawker84

Reaction score
Iā€™ll take ā€œWhat excuses Denver fans make for 100$ Alexā€

Man your last 2 or 3 posts can kindly f-off lol way to minimize the W. Lol give bare minimum praise.

Not minizing anything, it was a great win and Geno looked fantastic. Hopefully it continues, whole Lotta season left.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
I think Russ played well and was doing things we havenā€™t been accustomed to seeing him do(likeā€¦check downs).

But, that snafu at the endā€¦Kelsey (sp?) warrants questions that are bigger than this game alone.

I think Geno rocked it.

hawker84

Reaction score
Not reallyā€¦ your posts I mean lol so far your post history reads like a non fan.

Your minimize their achievements and bag on plays calling then trash. Not really much of any solid leaks.

The bandwagon left for Denver last night. You forgot to go with John.
Ahhhh, I don't have the same opinion as you so you resort to attacking. How very seahawks.net of you. Seahawks fan from day one, kingdome season ticket holder. Try again.

keasley45

Reaction score
29 of 42 for 69% completion rating. 340 yards, 1 td, should've been two if TE drug his foot, 101.3 passer rating. Ya he was pure garbage. šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

And his TD should have been picked, plus Jamal and Diggs each had one that could have been picked.

So the 'Denver lost the game narrative can pound sand '.

And Russ may not have been garbage but if you wanna pull a stat, how many passes did the dude have to WRs. Answer - not many because he wasn't on the reads quick enough. And hiw many times did unlimited... MR I wanna run an uptempo offense, get his team in delay of game territory? I mean they had a scoring drive extended because the refs missed the clock going to zero.

Russ's stat line could easily have swapped the TD for 3 ints or at least added 2 picks to his ledger and kept the TD. But keep parroting stats for him there the way many have here. Denver's FO will find out soon enough that stats don't win games. Nor do legacies, tag lines, and the good guy image.

Russ put up numbers, but not play worthy of a 50mil per annum price tag. He was kept out of the endzone on all but a broken play by a no-name secondary.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Russ had what has become his 'normal'--a good game statistically, but not a good game actually.

First and foremost, he was terrible trying to command his offense at the line. He was a net-negative as on-field leader for his team. In addition to delay of games, he was legitimately confusing his own team pre-play.

Second, he actually threw more than one terrible ball when he actually tried to do what he's known for and air it out. Our curse of not being able to hold onto gift interceptions the past couple of years seems to have continued (at least into game 1).

Russ did well in the screen game (which he had, traditionally, been terrible at before, so that might be on us) and he actually took some of the check downs that he refused to look at for most of his last few years.

But he also greatly benefitted from facing a young defensive secondary that got undisciplined a few times and either completely dropped assignments or let receivers get in behind them on plays where they should have stayed over the top. Those are miscues that the tape from this game will help our guys but Russ can't count on that gift from every team he faces.

hawker84

Reaction score
And his TD should have been picked, plus Jamal and Diggs each had one that could have been picked.

So the 'Denver lost the game narrative can pound sand '.

And Russ may not have been garbage but if you wanna pull a stat, how many passes did the dude have to WRs. Answer - not many because he wasn't on the reads quick enough. And hiw many times did unlimited... MR I wanna run an uptempo offense, get his team in delay of game territory? I mean they had a scoring drive extended because the refs missed the clock going to zero.

Russ's stat line could easily have swapped the TD for 3 ints or at least added 2 picks to his ledger and kept the TD. But keep parroting stats for him there the way many have here. Denver's FO will find out soon enough that stats don't win games. Nor do legacies, tag lines, and the good guy image.

Russ put up numbers, but not play worthy of a 50mil per annum price tag. He was kept out of the endzone on all but a broken play by a no-name secondary.

Ok, but to say his play was trash is silly. He had a solid game.

BamKam

Reaction score
I think Russ played well and was doing things we havenā€™t been accustomed to seeing him do(likeā€¦check downs).

But, that snafu at the endā€¦Kelsey (sp?) warrants questions that are bigger than this game alone.

I think Geno rocked it.
If you look at his stats sure he played fine but actually look at the game. Mr 245 Million was 0-3 in the red zone, twice while on the 2 YARD LINE. If you bring up coaching we have heard countless times this offense is 50/50 Hackett and Russ and he couldnā€™t get it done when it mattered. You donā€™t pay a guy 245 million to set up field goals in the red zone.

Oh yea all of this while the Hawks were down to some 3rd stringers at some snaps and one of the weakest set of CBS (because they are young) in the league.

Russ wasnā€™t a total disaster but he did not by any means have a ā€œgoodā€ game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Russell took what was given and his numbers show it, where was the impact plays, we took it away, give the defense credit for not allowing him to put on a highlight reel. He did not carry the team, he did not save the day, they took the ball out of his hands at the most crucial moment. Trash no, 245 million dollar franchise QB, not last night.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The Russ hate on this forum feels so forced and as corny as he does in a press conference.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, Even after a win, people just go on and on. Seems like it would be a lot more fun to actually talk about a HUGE WIN?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, that Diggs one would have been a tough catch, but he probably makes that play 8 out of 10 times imo.