Russell’s trade value dropping like a rock.

Fade

Reaction score
With this regime making the picks, that will net you - Rashaad Penny, Malik McDowell, Germain Ifedi, and LJ Collier.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fade":2zv84cud said:
With this regime making the picks, that will net you - Rashaad Penny, Malik McDowell, Germain Ifedi, and LJ Collier.

All picks coming at 27 or later. Best era this franchise has ever had started with two cornerstone players being drafted in the top half of the draft, which statistically has a hugely higher hit rate than the ass end of the first.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Because we traded down, not because we were stuck there.

We had plenty of decent 1st round slots for players that would have helped us, where we traded down to pick up trash.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":bhz7lqpm said:
Because we traded down, not because we were stuck there.

We had plenty of decent 1st round slots for players that would have helped us, where we traded down to pick up trash.

The Seahawks have not had a single pick inside of the top 20 (since 2012) outside of 2018.

Fade

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2pmgcemr said:
Fade":2pmgcemr said:

All picks coming at 27 or later. Best era this franchise has ever had started with two cornerstone players being drafted in the top half of the draft, which statistically has a hugely higher hit rate than the ass end of the first.

So no good players are available after the 27th pick, huh? Interesting…

There are stud players to be taken every year in that range. Could've had Creed Humphrey in the 2nd this year as an example.

Trade Russ, he will go to a contender, these are the kinds of picks you're going to get in return.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fade":1dabd3ra said:
Maelstrom787":1dabd3ra said:
Fade":1dabd3ra said:

So no good players are available after the 27th pick, huh? Interesting…

I'd expect no less of a strawman from you these days, bud. Glad you've still got it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maelstrom,

We were literally #18 in 2018. J. Alexander got picked at that slot.

We traded down to get Penny.

What are you talking about?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":31nr2ai2 said:
Maelstrom,

That is exactly what I said. Outside of 2018, they haven't had a single native pick within the top 20 since 2012.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It is . Wilson is overrated all he does is throw deep defenses have figured him out i'm tired of all the 3 and outs and 3rd down debacles.

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1mtff16o said:
Tusc2000":1mtff16o said:
Sheesh. Russ had a sub-par outing first game back from an injury against one of the best teams in the league -- on the road. Get a grip.

It was more than subpar. It was downright bad. I was never on the trade Russ train, but I'm starting to think it's a good idea for everyone if the compensation is 3 firsts or better.

It's becoming clear that this arrangement isn't working, and that Russell is in the second half of his career. I'm of the opinion that it's time to take the haul, try to get a new group of cornerstones, and set the franchise up for the next era of Seahawks football. It's a completely sane viewpoint.

I don't really think his trade value is dropping that much, though. I'd agree that take is an example of recency bias.

Dude.... Its a growth process every great QB goes through it... It's about Russ weighing supreme confidence vs good decision making... He was off today you could plainly see some balls got away from him... I believe the injury had an effect but not as much as his decision making... I just think Carroll needs to hold him accountable and if Carroll is unable to do that then thats the kind of thing that makes a guy wonder if Carroll has lost his edge...

Just sayin man

LTH

John63

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":xxe3t0g3 said:
It is . Wilson is overrated all he does is throw deep defenses have figured him out i'm tired of all the 3 and outs and 3rd down debacles.

Yeah the facts show your wrong, and saying Amy QB only throws long and has the 2nd best passer rating and co plates well over 60% of his passes shows you don't k own football. You can't do that and only throw long. In fact 70% of his passes this year have been short

massari

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":mwkvuawv said:
All picks coming at 27 or later.
More fake news from the 787. Unsurprising these days, sadly.

Giphy

Don't worry, guys, the Hawks may even have near a top 10 pick this coming draft! Right? Just hope they don't pass on a Fletcher Cox/Chandler Jones type to pick a Bruce Irvin type again.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":19zr63v7 said:
TwistedHusky":19zr63v7 said:
Maelstrom,

That is exactly what I said. Outside of 2018, they haven't had a single native pick within the top 20 since 2012.

Ahh so they can't pick great without top pick got it. If true they need a new job.

chris98251

Reaction score
massari":4e6cnl6o said:
Maelstrom787":4e6cnl6o said:
All picks coming at 27 or later.
More fake news from the 787. Unsurprising these days, sadly.

Giphy

Don't worry, guys, the Hawks may even have near a top 10 pick this coming draft! Right? Just hope they don't pass on a Fletcher Cox/Chandler Jones/Melvin Ingram type to pick a Bruce Irvin type again.

They Jets are really going to appreciate it too.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
John63":1pmrmyva said:
Maelstrom787":1pmrmyva said:
TwistedHusky":1pmrmyva said:
Maelstrom,

Ahh so they can't pick great without top pick got it. If true they need a new job.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
John63":1v4k5nh7 said:
Northwest Seahawk":1v4k5nh7 said:

Yeah the facts show your wrong, and saying Amy QB only throws long and has the 2nd best passer rating and co plates well over 60% of his passes shows you don't k own football. You can't do that and only throw long. In fact 70% of his passes this year have been short

Said the Russell Wilson cheerleader.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":1skv242x said:
Northwest Seahawk":1skv242x said:

Its not about his stats.... His stats are fine. It's his decision making... Every great QB goes through that at some point in their career. Brett Farve is a perfect example... He had Holmgren to give him some tough LOVE and that's what Wilson needs... Maybe not Carroll's strong point but we will see...

LTH

John63

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2fg0a4av said:
John63":2fg0a4av said:
Northwest Seahawk":2fg0a4av said:

Said the Russell Wilson cheerleader.

No so said thr facts

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
LTH":z0lbicz7 said:
Maelstrom787":z0lbicz7 said:
Tusc2000":z0lbicz7 said:
Sheesh. Russ had a sub-par outing first game back from an injury against one of the best teams in the league -- on the road. Get a grip.

It was more than subpar. It was downright bad. I was never on the trade Russ train, but I'm starting to think it's a good idea for everyone if the compensation is 3 firsts or better.

It's becoming clear that this arrangement isn't working, and that Russell is in the second half of his career. I'm of the opinion that it's time to take the haul, try to get a new group of cornerstones, and set the franchise up for the next era of Seahawks football. It's a completely sane viewpoint.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/comme ... urce=share
I don't really think his trade value is dropping that much, though. I'd agree that take is an example of recency bias.

Dude.... Its a growth process every great QB goes through it... It's about Russ weighing supreme confidence vs good decision making... He was off today you could plainly see some balls got away from him... I believe the injury had an effect but not as much as his decision making... I just think Carroll needs to hold him accountable and if Carroll is unable to do that then thats the kind of thing that makes a guy wonder if Carroll has lost his edge...

Just sayin man

LTH
https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/comme ... urce=share