Russell’s trade value dropping like a rock.

John63

Reaction score
LTH":3v1aklhi said:
John63":3v1aklhi said:
Northwest Seahawk":3v1aklhi said:
It is . Wilson is overrated all he does is throw deep defenses have figured him out i'm tired of all the 3 and outs and 3rd down debacles.

Yeah the facts show your wrong, and saying Amy QB only throws long and has the 2nd best passer rating and co plates well over 60% of his passes shows you don't k own football. You can't do that and only throw long. In fact 70% of his passes this year have been short

Its not about his stats.... His stats are fine. It's his decision making... Every great QB goes through that at some point in their career. Brett Farve is a perfect example... He had Holmgren to give him some tough LOVE and that's what Wilson needs... Maybe not Carroll's strong point but we will see...

LTH

No that is not what I was replying to the person I replied to says all he does is throw deep. I made it clear to that the facts say otherwise. Aa to your issue of decision making, I already stated he played bad.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
massari":f4vpdknj said:
Maelstrom787":f4vpdknj said:
All picks coming at 27 or later.
More fake news from the 787. Unsurprising these days, sadly.

Giphy

Don't worry, guys, the Hawks may even have near a top 10 pick this coming draft! Right? Just hope they don't pass on a Fletcher Cox/Chandler Jones type to pick a Bruce Irvin type again.

I'm all ears if you'd like to tell me which of those prospects was drafted higher than 27.

Spoiler alert: None of them were.

That was a reply to a post mentioning Penny, Collier, Ifedi, and McDowell. 27, 29, 31, and 35 respectively.

I don't appreciate you blatantly claiming that I'd post demonstrably false information. Dislike me all you want, but don't be such a liar. I don't care if you think my opinions are bullshit, but I'm not in the business of posting false information like you're claiming I did here.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":22clyp7i said:
Maelstrom787":22clyp7i said:
TwistedHusky":22clyp7i said:
Maelstrom,

We were literally #18 in 2018. J. Alexander got picked at that slot.

We traded down to get Penny.

What are you talking about?

That is exactly what I said. Outside of 2018, they haven't had a single native pick within the top 20 since 2012.

Ahh so they can't pick great without top pick got it. If true they need a new job.

I'm not defending the draft record. Just saying that comparing premium picks (top 16) to those in the bottom end of the first is pretty apples to oranges when the standard outcomes are so different.

I don't think that's even disputable.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":38zch3g4 said:
John63":38zch3g4 said:
Maelstrom787":38zch3g4 said:
TwistedHusky":38zch3g4 said:
Maelstrom,

We were literally #18 in 2018. J. Alexander got picked at that slot.

We traded down to get Penny.

What are you talking about?

That is exactly what I said. Outside of 2018, they haven't had a single native pick within the top 20 since 2012.

Ahh so they can't pick great without top pick got it. If true they need a new job.

I'm not defending the draft record. Just saying that comparing premium picks (top 16) to those in the bottom end of the first is pretty apples to oranges when the standard outcomes are so different.

I don't think that's even disputable.

No your right it's not comparable. That said the percentage of picks they hit on is not good period. The issue is when u are perennially in the playoffs or winning 9+ games u will always have low 1st round picks. So you need to hit on what u got and then do good in FA. We have not well in either for 5+ years.

massari

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3em633u6 said:
I'm all ears if you'd like to tell me which of those prospects was drafted higher than 27.

That was a reply to a post mentioning Penny, Collier, Ifedi, and McDowell. 27, 29, 31, and 35 respectively.

I don't appreciate you blatantly claiming that I'd post demonstrably false information. Dislike me all you want, but don't be such a liar. I don't care if you think my opinions are $h!t, but I'm not in the business of posting false information like you're claiming I did here.
Addtext com MDcy Mz Q0 OTEx

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
massari":491gf1hb said:
Maelstrom787":491gf1hb said:

I don't appreciate you blatantly claiming that I'd post demonstrably false information. Dislike me all you want, but don't be such a liar. I don't care if you think my opinions are $h!t, but I'm not in the business of posting false information like you're claiming I did here.
Addtext com MDcy Mz Q0 OTEx

Well done.

I mean, you're still wrong. But this is good.

AgentDib

Reaction score
What's the harm in being a little open minded for the remainder of this season? The trade deadline is past so you might as well absorb information to better inform your viewpoint on what we should do in the off-season.

These next eight games matter even if we don't make the playoffs because you should use them to evaluate how you feel about the team going forwards. The first half of the season was ugly with the Waldron/Russ experiment looking shaky, but consider how many external factors there have been and how the second half of the season should get us a more accurate look into each area.

1) It's a new offensive scheme with a first time play caller. It can take a season for new offenses to really gel, and if you look around the league it's taken until the second year for many of them to really click.

2) The running game has been sabotaged by injuries beyond simply losing Carson. Shell (ankle), Lewis (shoulder) and Ogbuehi (bicep) have been playing through injuries much of the first half. More importantly, the team passed on a center in the draft when they still thought Pocic would be back from the hamstring in training camp. Communication has been a major issue on top of installing the new zone stretch running scheme. Getting all of these players back with more practice in the scheme should lead to a more effective running scheme.

3) Russell's injury matters enormously. As others have pointed out, this team could easily be 6-3 this year if Russ had stayed healthy. The margins are really close in the NFL and if his finger does get back to normal then we should see the offense start clicking.

We should expect to see significant offensive improvement over the next eight games. If that happens and the team looks like it is on a roll, then it would be silly to make major off-season changes and overreact to a bumpy start and bad bounces. If that doesn't occur then we should look at every possibility including some major trades or coaching changes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Value dropping like a rock? Um, no.
Have you seen the QB's in the NFL. There are MANY teams who would love to have Russ as their QB. And someone would give up a haul. First ever injury, and people act like he's done.

Fade

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":i4fcb22a said:
Fade":i4fcb22a said:
Maelstrom787":i4fcb22a said:
With this regime making the picks, that will net you - Rashaad Penny, Malik McDowell, Germain Ifedi, and LJ Collier.

All picks coming at 27 or later. Best era this franchise has ever had started with two cornerstone players being drafted in the top half of the draft, which statistically has a hugely higher hit rate than the ass end of the first.

So no good players are available after the 27th pick, huh? Interesting…

I'd expect no less of a strawman from you these days, bud. Glad you've still got it.

The Strawman was you ignoring the rest of the post.

This -->
There are stud players to be taken every year in that range. Could've had Creed Humphrey in the 2nd this year as an example.

Trade Russ, he will go to a contender, these are the kinds of picks you're going to get in return.

toffee

Reaction score
Dropping like a rock? Probably not, but dropping from the peak that was the last off season? absolutely! Wilson's stock is dropping slowly, couple more sub standard games, the decline will gain momentum. Let's say if it was 4 first ground picks in last off season, he is at 3 first and a second at this point, couple more bad games with a hurting finger? omg, 2 first, and that's it.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1965yt55 said:
We are one of the worst teams in the entire NFL.

And people think that is because of Wilson.

Atlanta says hold our beer. There's one thing I've learned in 10 years living here (first game at the Clink ATL @ SEA 10/2/11 with some guy named TJack at QB) and that is Seahawks fans are so spoiled by all the success...

Playoffs in 8 of the 9 years you've had Wilson... all winning seasons... and now the sky is falling? Must be nice to have such shitty runs like that.

For the record though Seattle's problems aren't due to Wilson anymore than Atlanta's are due to Matt Ryan.

Lack of talent across the board... poor drafting... poor coaching... etc... etc... but it ain't the QBs... outside of course their out of this world contracts gimping the rest of the team. NFL teams will never learn it seems. When was the last time a QB with a monster contract won the Super Bowl? Brady doesn't count because he was always taking pay cuts to NOT gimp the rest of the team.

toffee":1965yt55 said:
4 first ground picks in last off season, he is at 3 first and a second at this point, couple more bad games with a hurting finger? omg, 2 first, and that's it.

I've never thought Wilson was worth more than 2 1st's... 3 and 4 is a huge stretch... IMO it's pure insanity to give up that much for a 30+ year old QB.

toffee

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2s6zflxf said:
TwistedHusky":2s6zflxf said:

Atlanta says hold our beer. There's one thing I've learned in 10 years living here (first game at the Clink ATL @ SEA 10/2/11 with some guy named TJack at QB) and that is Seahawks fans are so spoiled by all the success...

Playoffs in 8 of the 9 years you've had Wilson... all winning seasons... and now the sky is falling? Must be nice to have such $h!t runs like that.

For the record though Seattle's problems aren't due to Wilson anymore than Atlanta's are due to Matt Ryan.

Lack of talent across the board... poor drafting... poor coaching... etc... etc... but it ain't the QBs... outside of course their out of this world contracts gimping the rest of the team. NFL teams will never learn it seems. When was the last time a QB with a monster contract won the Super Bowl? Brady doesn't count because he was always taking pay cuts to NOT gimp the rest of the team.

toffee":2s6zflxf said:
4 first ground picks in last off season, he is at 3 first and a second at this point, couple more bad games with a hurting finger? omg, 2 first, and that's it.

I've never thought Wilson was worth more than 2 1st's... 3 and 4 is a huge stretch... IMO it's pure insanity to give up that much for a 30+ year old QB.

But I am, and most of us here are, a homer. Russ is a God like creature that we love to overvalue.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
toffee":11gd1huy said:
But I am, and most of us here are, a homer. Russ is a God like creature that we love to overvalue.

Well I knew that... but I didn't want to be the one to point it out. :2thumbs:

For what it's worth though I think the Seahawks have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Falcons and I know the Falcons have 4 wins. The NFC is top heavy... you have the Packers, Bucs, Cardinals, Rams and Cowboys... followed by everybody else. If the Seahawks win the gimme games and then pull off an upset (Cardinals?) they can get 9-8 which will probably be good enough.

Follow me for more free opinions from a non-homer.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":k4q2qfjv said:
TwistedHusky":k4q2qfjv said:

Playoffs in 8 of the 9 years you've had Wilson... all winning seasons... and now the sky is falling? Must be nice to have such $h!t runs like that.

toffee":k4q2qfjv said:

The market will say he is worth that, but truly he's not quite worth 3/4. Financially to a team that's been horrible for years he's definitely worth 3

soxhawk

Reaction score
Wilson, at this stage, is like Ichiro for the Mariners. He'll put butts in seats and give a false hope of glory, but at the end of the day, it's the Seattle fans that lose. At least #3 won us one.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1oq6mnev said:
TwistedHusky":1oq6mnev said:

toffee":1oq6mnev said:

Its not so much as being spoiled as it is realizing the shortcomings. Sure they make the playoffs, but from 2015 on, what have they done with those postseason opportunities? With a franchise QB and the talent they have had, a team should be able to get past the 2nd round once in awhile, but Seattle cant. Your right though that its not the QB's, its the coaching.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
As for drafting, it doesnt matter where the picks are coming from, what matters to me is the skipping of obvious needs and players for luxury picks and diamonds in the rough. Pete is a result of his own success. He hit big when he came here and knew the inside scoop of the college players coming out. The problem with that is when that knowledge dried up, Pete still drafted the same way. Trying to always be the smartest guy in the room and being cute instead of drafting sensibly. When you do that there's going to be way more misses than hits and thats what happened. Last year when Russ was crying out for an improved Oline and Pete skipped on Humphrey, that was the icing on the cake for me. Its never going to change with him. I dont even want to get into the FA pickups.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":9t28r69c said:
As for drafting, it doesnt matter where the picks are coming from, what matters to me is the skipping of obvious needs and players for luxury picks and diamonds in the rough. Pete is a result of his own success. He hit big when he came here and knew the inside scoop of the college players coming out. The problem with that is when that knowledge dried up, Pete still drafted the same way. Trying to always be the smartest guy in the room and being cute instead of drafting sensibly. When you do that there's going to be way more misses than hits and thats what happened. Last year when Russ was crying out for an improved Oline and Pete skipped on Humphrey, that was the icing on the cake for me. Its never going to change with him. I dont even want to get into the FA pickups.
Truth!