Russell is underthrowing every pass

jammerhawk

Reaction score
EDIT: Perhaps every pass is an exaggeration.

As a result the O sucks tonight once again.

Que 63 in earnest defence of a great QB who is off his game.

This game is done Russell has been off target all night.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I still stand by the idea of trading him last off-season. Wasted opportunity. The league is starting to see a picture that has noticeable flaws.

PNW

Reaction score
We’d be lucky if a team decided to pay for Russ the same that we paid for JA. SMH

Rat

Reaction score
PNW":z7hdz7sc said:
We’d be lucky if a team decided to pay for Russ the same that we paid for JA. SMH

Interesting, because trading for Jamal Adams and NOT trading Russ is going to have this franchise in a dark place for the foreseeable future. We're going to have to try to rebuild without assets.

K

K.J WRIGHT

Worst game I've seen him play. Lucky to get a 1st round and a 4th for him. I said weeks ago that he has checked out!!

K

K.J WRIGHT

Rat":28wnjgdz said:
PNW":28wnjgdz said:

Interesting, because trading for Jamal Adams and NOT trading Russ is going to have this franchise in a dark place for the foreseeable future. We're going to have to try to rebuild without assets.

That never happens.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":1urhxs72 said:
Worst game I've seen him play. Lucky to get a 1st round and a 4th for him. I said weeks ago that he has checked out!!

Jump off a cliff please

balakoth

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2cd09xoq said:

I agree there was 2 under throws.. but you are blaming the game on that? Hrrmmmmm interesting

K

K.J WRIGHT

jamescasey1124":1xoewkyq said:
K.J WRIGHT":1xoewkyq said:

Jump off a cliff please

GFY !

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
His inconsistency is not going to get better going forward time to trade him while he still has value. I've seen enough he's so hot and cold i'm tired of watching it. Every time he's played a legit team this season he's played poorly.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
balakoth":3uny84na said:
jammerhawk":3uny84na said:

I agree there was 2 under throws.. but you are blaming the game on that? Hrrmmmmm interesting

Look again my friend there were more than 2 critically underthrown balls, including the final INT, he was as well off target often.

When you are reputed to be one of the best QBs in the league and are paid > $32 million +/yr. it is expected you will lead and be able to organize a comeback. Wilson has been "off his game" since his injury, and has looked weak at times since. I love him as a player but it sure looks as if there is something up (read = wrong) with his game this year.

Wilson was given a good amount of time to throw last night but had accuracy issues, he was a major reason for the team not being able to sustain drives. Something is not translating in the play calls or their execution and the O is looking very out of sync. There is no offensive flow. The much anticipated creativity from the new OC is certain not very evident

Of course there were other crazy things that happened like having a OLB cover the best WR in the game with a TD being a predictable result. Penny got "cramps" in the second half and was as usual pretty much a non factor. The team was certainly not given any breaks by the zebras either. Still it was the absence of Wilson's accuracy that scuttled the O last night, it is the reliance on the big plays that when taken away that hamstrings the O.

Beyond Wilson though there were lots of other reasons why the Hawks lost.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Massari

Is that a recent picture or an older post injury photo?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":poeqkq0f said:
Massari

Dk rebroke it after the game..He's tired of the BS. :lol:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The mental gymnastics to try to make this mostly Wilson's 'fault' is amazing.

Wilson is the only reason this team wins. Let's start with that.

So yes, we need Wilson to be effective to stand a chance.

But which is more likely?

A QB, who has been one of the most accurate in the NFL for nearly a decade - gets injured, completely heals, and then magically forgets how to be accurate?

Or

A QB, is injured and heals to a good % but still has nagging issues/injuries that materially impact his accuracy. Unfortunately, he is still forced to play because without him the team has zero chance to win or even be competitive.

I am willing to bet that Wilson did not 'forget' how to throw an accurate pass. It is more likely he is unable to match his previous accuracy and will take some time - if not recovery, to come near that standard again.

Wilson is expected to deliver. But a QB relies on throwing motion to be effective, and your hands are a big part of that. Impacting his throwing hand is clearly going to impact his ability to deliver the ball effectively

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hey, I love Wilson and think he's extraordinarily special but think he's been off his game a lot this season and especially since his injury.

I'm not blaming him exclusively but he has big shoes to fill and usually is more than capable of doing so, but since the last half of last season he's been off more than often which is concerning. I suspect we may find out that he has a more significant nagging injury that he will have to have treated with some surgery after the season but something is not right with his game.

There is lots of speculation but I truly doubt he wants to leave or that he's genuinely unhappy with Pete. That said he missed some game changing passes last night and many of his passes were underthrown.

massari

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2ak1rdrh said:
Massari

It's from the game in mid October I believe.

Wilson suffered tendon damage, a dislocation, and two fractures in his middle finger. If his finger isn't the problem, It'd be quite a coincidence that his accuracy fell off a cliff ever since.

Latest posts