Russell Wilson: Report says he wants to explore options with

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I don't see any trade happening no matter what Russ' camp says. Trade didn't happen last off-season for two reasons, the offers weren't that good, and Pete wasn't ready to let Russ go.

Do you see market for Wilson better this off-season than last one? I don't. Would Pete be more ready to let Russ go? Are there QBs in FA ready to step in be that Peteball game manager? I couldn't think of any.

Russ isn't going anywhere.

keasley45

Reaction score
toffee":2rbtm5xq said:
I don't see any trade happening no matter what Russ' camp says. Trade didn't happen last off-season for two reasons, the offers wasn't that good, and Pete wasn't ready to let Russ go. Do you see market for Wilson better this off-season than last one? I don't. Would Pete be more ready to let Russ go? Are there QBs in FA ready to step in be that Peteball game manager? I couldn't think of any.

Russ isn't going anywhere.

So the alternative is that you keep a guy here who is more concerned about his offense scoring points than he is necessarily playing a style that is conducive to winning, but not his numbers. We saw that disconnect last year.

The FO gets criticized for a square peg, round hole mentality, but what they are confronted with is exactly that. The ethos in Seattle is run pass balance, force mistakes and make few, intimidate with defense and the run, and pass to move the chains and hit the explosive play. Russ wants the stats and the offense that Brady and Rodgers have, without recognizing in himself that his game is not their's. I for one don't want the team hamstrung again by another offseason of antics and a 2022 full of BS post game pressers with the qb defending dumb decisions.

I love Russ, still want to get my jersey signed by him, and am thankful for everything he did here. But I'm more frustrated every year by the plays we leave on the field each week and the wins that become losses because the QB wont, or cant do what he should to elevate his game to be able to address his weaknesses.

AND I'm a seahawks fan first and above all, so if he doesn't want to be in blue and green, then so be it. Best of luck. I'd frankly rather suck than be strung along by prideful bullsh!t.

Was seriously hopeful that the last few games of the year and frankly how woefully inconsistent the offense was even before his injury would have changed his outlook. So be it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hinton":6xc43zbh said:
Here's the first of many predictable Wilson camp media campaign updates. Shame really.

In terms of the article RW wants to “put (himself) in a better position to win another championship and create the legacy he sees for himself,” which is more than a little patronising.

I think the team could also fairly say they'd like their franchise QB to perform to the level his perceived legacy requires, and in turn put the team in a better position to win another championship.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^PRETTY MUCH THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It swings both ways for both sides.
I believe it's up to Wilson to put this to rest, to either confirm, or deny what's being reported, because the longer he lets this ferment, the more his intentions & integrity comes into question.
Let's rip the band-aid off, eh Russ?

NJlargent

Reaction score
He’s out. All the good ones leave after the PC act is figured out. Outside of Wagner, we only keep the mediocre players.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
NJlargent":200bizry said:
He’s out. All the good ones leave after the PC act is figured out. Outside of Wagner, we only keep the mediocre players.

Weird take. Pretty much the only think PC can't really be critiqued on. Players absolutely love the dude.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
Of course he does.

Wilson wants to win Super Bowls. Carroll thinks we are close. Wilson does not.

Retaining Carroll encourages Wilson to leave. Apparently we have chosen a coach over a franchise QB.

As someone who wants Carroll out (because I want to win another Super Bowl), I do not blame Wilson in the slightest. I am wary of what this management will do with the picks, but here is hoping we can get whatever haul we can for him...and then we'll get to see a whole season with Carroll sans a franchise QB.

We've seen that before for fans with longer memories and it's not pretty.

James in PA

Reaction score
CANNOT have another offseason of these distractions. Wilson's "baseball" agent can take a long walk off a short pier too. What a d bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BASF

Reaction score
The article posted is definitely clickbait. Read the way it is written.

I have no doubt that Wilson wants out. I have no problem with that because he wants to play hero ball and it has cost this team several games a year when he could take the open short and intermediate passes.

His press conference after the Titans game was the best demonstration of this when he was asked about trying to hit deep balls that were very well covered to both Lockett and DK when there were short and intermediate options open to move the chains and we were close to our end zone. His answer was to the effect that he knew what he was doing and he just missed the perfect throw to a double covered Lockett. Pete said on his Monday presser that he would like Wilson to take the short passes to move the chains. If Wilson had not made those decisions the Titans don't get a short field to easily win that game.

The people who act like Carroll is holding Wilson back are ignoring the fact that each of Wilson, Carroll and Waldron all said this season that Wilson can change the play any time he wants. Ignoring that Wilson is running the offense he wants is what I do not understand. He played this way at NC State and Wisconsin.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":1af2m55d said:
We've seen Russ's last days in a Seahawks uniform. It sucks a whole lot. Having a 70-something-year-old Pete does not make this worth it. Pete's days of winning championships are over. I don't believe Russ's are.

Rappaport is confirming this, for those of you that think this is click bait. This is coming from Russ's agent. If you don't acknowledge it, I feel bad for you. Because you're in denial and living in a world of confirmation bias.

https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-qb-ru ... -offseason
BS nano, the last two games where Petes' RUN GAME was being FULLY utilized, showed absolute proof to EVERYONE that Wilson actually flourished from 70-something year-old PETEBALL.
Wilsons' style of Quarterbacking is not easy for O-Lines to pass block/protect for, ESPECIALLY if he hangs onto the ball for too long, looking to only throwing 'Haymakers', and I don't care whatever team he'd go to, or for whatever HC he played for, the O-Line would have to have rear-view mirrors on their helmets to know ABOUT WHERE he'd be running behind them (which is constantly changing by the second) to give him adequate protection.
It's the "Grass is always Greener" gig, or in this case as I see it, it's maybe "Jumping from the frying pan, into the Fire"

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1482684657279844354[/tweet]

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If Carroll desires so much to play run the ball heavily and play play action, does he really need a distraction with Wilson constantly every off season.

I’m more in the camp or get rid of both of them and start fresh but both sides are unwilling to part ways and Russ’s camp is too chicken *&$@ to just openly say so because Wilson at the same time wants to protect his legacy, business ventures and bottom line and not be known as the “bad guy” openly and unequivocally requesting/demanding a trade.

Come on, be a man!

Tell us exactly how you really feel!

Allen does not want to get rid of Carroll just yet and Wilson’s camp is directing these subtle not so subtle hints that he is unhappy.

Carroll needs to do what’s best for the franchise cause Jody Allen isn’t doing it and call out Wilson on his threats and entertain offers to move him.

Wilson isn’t the only QB that can hand the ball off the RB and then throw the ball 40 yards down the field.

You can get a temporary QB to do the same and draft a future franchise in a few years.

If Jody Allen is really all in for Carroll, she should also rid herself for a undermining QB that thinks he is better than actually is. Wilson hero ball offense does not sustain victories in the playoffs. You are playing defenses that are way too good to fall for break down plays constantly.

Jody Allen, Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson, no matter where they stand need to show some conviction cause at some point all three must get tired of the other side and their complaining or no changes from the front office.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":366a19yu said:
Why do people keep downplaying this? This is a consistent problem now, not just clickbait crap. He’s sick of the system and style that is stunting him. The franchise chose Pete so Wilson wants to leave and quite frankly I don’t blame him.

Stunting him??? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My god this has to be a joke.

The only thing being stunted is the hawks chances to win when he plays awful football for too many games each year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3hs3sst0 said:
Why do people keep downplaying this? This is a consistent problem now, not just clickbait crap. He’s sick of the system and style that is stunting him. The franchise chose Pete so Wilson wants to leave and quite frankly I don’t blame him.
Do tell Dan..What system and style can he really play?
Think hard..Remember he is a non pocket QB who cannot
throw a timing route,a quick slant/out and cannot see to use
the middle of field.
His legs are long gone..The sandlot/houdini is dead.

Elemas

Reaction score
Fact…RW will win another SuperBowl before Seattle does.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Yeah right. Russ will never win another Super Bowl.

I’m not even sure he would have won one without the dominant defense that carried the LOB days.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
The timing of this exploring other option, just couple of days after Pete met with Jody. Sounded like another subtle "no confidence vote" on Pete from team Russ. One could speculate that team Russ expected Jody to fire Pete without their help but surprised that she didn't. May be the approach should be fire the bullet before that meeting?

massari

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2iaw371o said:
Think hard..Remember he is a non pocket QB who cannot
throw a timing route,a quick slant/out and cannot see to use
the middle of field.
You must've missed the beginning of last season where he was winning the MVP race being a pocket passer when they had to score 40 a game because of the historic pace the defense was on. PC put the handcuffs back on when the D was playing a bit better.

BuT BUt TuRNovErS wEaK ScHeDuLe

Wilson will be an MVP candidate as a pocket passer in New Orleans next season.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
massari":3mocc8dh said:
Wilson will be an MVP candidate as a pocket passer in New Orleans next season.

On one hand, I'm not sure they could/would be able to offer a bounty that would force Carroll to accept.

On the other hand, I could see Payton feeling a little desperate for another star QB.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I wish he’d be a man and just say trade instead of these stupid ass little games.

Dudes a worm

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
GemCity":3s1qj8e3 said:
Fact…RW will win another SuperBowl before Seattle does.
The odds are not in your favor. Seattle will be playing football as long as the NFL exists. Russell won't be